UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 7 posted!

Destrin41016

I snapped up the Grodd/Flash set and have the rest in my file...as for the skull piece, Grodd is a scientist and has often been depicted with skulls and callipers - as per the link that TBT provided, so that is my guess as to what it is...looks pretty cool though, and as a bonus I think this is the first time I have been able to pick up new minimates on the actual release day! :D

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my set in post today and loving em.

My favorite has to be Lobo it just rocks now I just have to get my Supes mate for Lobo to kick all over the place. one thought I did have is I think Gorilla Grodd is the perfect base for a Congorilla custom :)

Ok DCD time to how about a congo bill/congorilla 2 pack ;)

i was a disappointed with clayface, he looks so cool but putting him in a good pose is a nightmare the chest really hinder's the movement

I was kind of suprised that DC sculpted his head, chest, and waist covering as one piece. A seperate head would have really added to the pose-ability of the figure. Besides the new Cyclons (and ladies with big hair), Clayface is the only Minimate I can think of that can't turn his head.

And it may just be me but it was a bit odd to see Grodd get a nose when usually Minimates are sans-nostrils.

And it may just be me but it was a bit odd to see Grodd get a nose when usually Minimates are sans-nostrils.

so aside from his normal super powers & weird clear skull thing grodd has the ability that no other minimates has............ HE CAN SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so aside from his normal super powers & weird clear skull thing grodd has the ability that no other minimates has............ HE CAN SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Astonishing Beast also has a nose. I think we can say the rule is animal-like Minimates get noses?!?! Thoughts?

Astonishing Beast also has a nose. I think we can say the rule is animal-like Minimates get noses?!?! Thoughts?

well that means Beast & grodd can go around sniffing each other :biggrin:

I might be alone in this, but I actually think that Nightwing is the ugliest figure of the bunch. He's got probably the smallest mouth of any human Minimate that I have, which somehow makes his face look strange, and I don't dig the 80s/90s pseudo-mullet hair-do at all. I know that's what the character's hair looks like, but I think it makes him look kind of silly.

(also, Gorn has nostrils, so there might be something to the animal-like Minimate hypothesis)

i was a disappointed with clayface, he looks so cool but putting him in a good pose is a nightmare the chest really hinder's the movement

I was kind of suprised that DC sculpted his head, chest, and waist covering as one piece. A seperate head would have really added to the pose-ability of the figure. Besides the new Cyclons (and ladies with big hair), Clayface is the only Minimate I can think of that can't turn his head.

The only thing that disappointed me about Clayface is his lack of extra hands. It would have been awesome if he had come with a hammer and scythe hands, or something of that nature.

I might be alone in this, but I actually think that Nightwing is the ugliest figure of the bunch. He's got probably the smallest mouth of any human Minimate that I have, which somehow makes his face look strange, and I don't dig the 80s/90s pseudo-mullet hair-do at all. I know that's what the character's hair looks like, but I think it makes him look kind of silly.

(also, Gorn has nostrils, so there might be something to the animal-like Minimate hypothesis)

I'm with you. The hair does make him look pretty silly :confused:

I got my set today. I was surprised as I ordered them on Thursday and usually it takes til the next week to get stuff for me.

I love that I have a Flash now. All I need is a Martian Manhunter and I've got the 'Big 7' of the Justice League complete.

Clayface is really kind of annoying cause of said head/waist piece.

Starfire is nice to have to create a Minimates Titans team...though I can honestly say she's a prime example of how some characters don't really translate well to minimate form. Also...why no attachable starbolts for her hands? That seems like it'd have been a given for her since Nightwing got his sticks.

Speaking of Nightwing... He's growing on me as I put him side by side with my old C3 one. I just wish he would have come with his wrist gauntlets like the C3 one did. I'd switch them out if not for the color difference. His sticks are much cooler then the C3 ones and his head also doesn't seem as small.

Gorilla Grodd is interesting. I just think his 'hair' sculpt for his head is funny cause it makes him look like he has a mullet. XD

Lobo... Lobo is awesome. Best minimate ever. The chain with hook, the jacket. Everything. One of my favorites. At least we get Lobo in some form since Mattel refuses to do him in the DCU toyline.

Ambush Bug is not a really familiar character to me to really say anything on him other then...he's another minimate. >_>

Batman is cool in that he's got the classic look to him, but also he has a much better Bruce Wayne head under the mask then the first DC minimate Batman did.

Hopefully this line is going to continue long enough for us to get Beast Boy, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Girl, Superboy... Ah, heck. Just keep it going and make everyone in the DCU I say. I'll buy them all.