UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 7 posted!

Destrin41016

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fan of DC and a VERY casual buyer of the Minimates, but I cannot wait to get Gorilla Grodd and Clayface!

Bring them on!

I love this wave, except for Starfire/Nightwing. Frankly I like the face on the C3 minimate more (and it's not nearly as rare as many other C3 minimates). To me he looks kinda constipated. Also, Starfire just looks weird to me-she has such a skimpy costume and voluptuous figure that the block format doesn't work too well for her, in my opinion. This is heavily biased by the fact that I think her character is a total Mary Sue. Classic Batman doesn't look very different to Wave 1 Batman to me. I'm really glad to get a Flash since I can't find a C3 Flash-I hope Martian Manhunter is next to come. Gorilla Grodd, Lobo, and Clayface are absolute perfection-I guess I just prefer the villians! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
So what is the release date for this wave? thanks in advance

DC Direct has the wave seven release date listed as March 5, 2008.

• 1 month later...

Well, this is a pickle. I want Flash, Nightwing, and Clayface but I don't want the figures they come packaged with!

Vig

Well, this is a pickle. I want Flash, Nightwing, and Clayface but I don't want the figures they come packaged with!

I'm along the same line of thought. Ambush Bug is just visually unappealing to me, as is the slightly different Batman. I'll get them all for completist sake, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.

I'm along the same line of thought. Ambush Bug is just visually unappealing to me, as is the slightly different Batman. I'll get them all for completist sake, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.

u could always use them for custom fauder

u could always use them for custom fauder

That would justify ordering a case of them, but completist status requires that I keep at least one copy of each figure in original condition. I don't go nuts and keep on in the original packaging, but I do keep one on display.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Winkerbean got his wish - According to posters on theFwoosh.com, Wave 7's release date has been moved up to Feb. 13th.

EDIT: DC Direct's own web iste has them listed for the 13th as well. Very official.

That would be next week. Happy Valentines Day, indeed.

Fantastic news.

It's my daughter's first Birthday on the 14th, so looks like it's presents for her and Me too :)

p.s. ok ok I like the Aparo style batman... but would have prefered a knightfall az-bats or something.

I thought it was 70's Neal Adams Batman?

that's what i thought too. and i too would've preferred an Azbats instead... it's nice that wave 7 essentially gives people new/more detailed versions of somewhat HTF c3 guys [Flash, Nightwing and blue classic Batman], but if we were going to get another Batman i would've preferred something... different, but still within comic-use bounds.

or they could've packed in another Bat-character entirely with Clayface... maybe a fellow rogue. wouldn't mind a suite-and-tied [as opposed to spandexed] Riddler if they're making C3 guys available... or someone new, like Scarecrow or the Mad Hatter [they do have a top hat from Penguin].

and oh, what i'd give for a wave similar to the DCD Knightfall one.

think of the two-packs... Azrael variant/Knightfall [blue/gold] Azbats and Wheelchair Bruce Wayne, yellow/blue Nightwing and KnightsEnd [red/winged] Azbats, Lady Shiva and Jim Balent-style Catwoman.

but hey, if it gets us a Clayface, cool. :D