UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 87: X-Men

In relation to what we were talking about earlier in the thread.
Completely unsubstantiated at this stage, but I'll be curious to see of this claim turns out to have any veracity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is much a spoiler for the show, but for the sake of anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Spoiler

Goblin Queen has just debuted in X-Men '97. Interestingly, Hasbro *did* in fact censor the toy. It's only minor, but the bare upper thighs are ok in a children's cartoon, yet for some reason not ok in the kids toys?
Although the cleavage stays either way. Go figure. 🤣

image.png.5c4a9dd95ca79441d1839dc862804cda.png

8 hours ago, Nessex said:

I don't think this is much a spoiler for the show, but for the sake of anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

Hide contents

Goblin Queen has just debuted in X-Men '97. Interestingly, Hasbro *did* in fact censor the toy. It's only minor, but the bare upper thighs are ok in a children's cartoon, yet for some reason not ok in the kids toys?
Although the cleavage stays either way. Go figure. 🤣

image.png.5c4a9dd95ca79441d1839dc862804cda.png

Thought it was a great cross between Hellfire Jean and Goblin Queen

I like the X-Men 97 design for her. I would rather have that as a Minimate. I'm going to be disappointed when it's not that and it's not the comic version and is now like that awful Marvel Legends redesign that they never released.

What sucks is the notion that DAZZLER simply having boobies is now too risque for Minimates which spells out the fact that Emma Frost is now basically un-Minimatable. Even her tame costumes are more than disco Dazzler. 

I said in the other thread - Polaris as Malice matches some clues. I'd much prefer her to a Wolverine with a spikier mask.

7 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

I said in the other thread - Polaris as Malice matches some clues. I'd much prefer her to a Wolverine with a spikier mask.

I may stand alone on this one... but I would 1000% be down for a Malice-possessed Polaris. That costume SCREAMS 'toyetic'... and don't think we've ever seen her in toy form.

1 hour ago, Nessex said:

I may stand alone on this one... but I would 1000% be down for a Malice-possessed Polaris. That costume SCREAMS 'toyetic'... and don't think we've ever seen her in toy form.

I agree with you it’s gorgeous but it’s hard to do Inferno without Maddy, Sinister, Magik, and one of the demons Sym/Naistra. That leaves one a lot left and no “big names” so Wolverines dad it is.

Which character is supposed to be Wolverine's dad, who keeps getting mentioned?

1 minute ago, Scorpion said:

Which character is supposed to be Wolverine's dad, who keeps getting mentioned?

It's a snarky way to say Wolverine because X-23 was Wolverine at one point.

Anyways. Based on Zach's earlier comments 

On 4/1/2024 at 12:47 PM, DSTZach said:

IF Wolverine is in this set, and that's a big "if," then it would only be to support a variety of in-demand secondary characters.

On 3/5/2024 at 2:35 PM, DSTZach said:

there are NO original X-Men and only ONE All-New X-Man, in a variant we've never done. 

I would be comfortable saying that it doesn't HAVE to be Wolverine. Could be a Storm variant, could be a Colossus variant. Could be loopholes saying that they're looks we haven't seen. Could be entirely fresh. 

I trust DST to not make the same mistake 20th Century Fox made in considering Wolverine as the only X-Men member. 

3 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

It's a snarky way to say Wolverine because X-23 was Wolverine at one point.

Anyways. Based on Zach's earlier comments 

I would be comfortable saying that it doesn't HAVE to be Wolverine. Could be a Storm variant, could be a Colossus variant. Could be loopholes saying that they're looks we haven't seen. Could be entirely fresh. 

I trust DST to not make the same mistake 20th Century Fox made in considering Wolverine as the only X-Men member. 

It would have to be an A Lister and I think that knocks out the X-Factor team since they just got released in those costumes. It’s been years since the Outback team was released in 2012 (Hail Ivan)! So it could be fair to have everyone as a potential (including Sabertooth) but I don’t know if any of the team is a big enough name to offset the really lesser known ones. 🤷🏻‍♂️

and PS, she’s still Wolverine. 😘

On 4/3/2024 at 12:57 PM, AFMcGill said:

I like the X-Men 97 design for her. I would rather have that as a Minimate. I'm going to be disappointed when it's not that and it's not the comic version and is now like that awful Marvel Legends redesign that they never released.

What sucks is the notion that DAZZLER simply having boobies is now too risque for Minimates which spells out the fact that Emma Frost is now basically un-Minimatable. Even her tame costumes are more than disco Dazzler. 

I didn’t see the dazzler post so I’m not sure exactly what was said. But the recent Black Cat was fairly risqué and that was only about 4 or 5 years ago. It seems like that is the lead time for some of these designs. 

BTW, Malice, Vertigo, Lila Cheney, I’d be ecstatic to see any of them in mini form. I think vertigo is the only one that actually got a figure made through the Legends line. 

Risque ? :no:  I wouldn't fret too much about Dazzler. 

I'm not posting pictures but there is an official Kubrick figure that Medicom released in 2004 that should never have seen the light of day . If you want to hunt for it , I'll direct you but prepare a bowl to be sick in first !  

Look on US eBay for "Battlefield Baseball  Special Edition DVD " .  The packaging features an exclusive promo Kubrick which is prominently displayed :sick:

Yes I have it ....in fact there's another version which is worse which I definitely will not share pictures of or link to . 

Then there's the Ugo Ugo Ruga kubricks ......... :blink:

I'm happy with Minimates being conservative.

7 hours ago, nandoninny said:

ha!  i googled it.  not as bad as when i learned what a lemon party was.

These are things I could have happily gone my whole life without knowing. 

Edited by Padrino

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 11:36 AM, NerdyTrev said:

Inferno and Mutant Massacre are clear choices, but they're both so big. It would be tough to whittle the characters down to five key players. 

Mutant Massacre seems even more difficult than Inferno. With that one, it can at least be kept to the main conflict with Goblin Queen and Limbo. Maybe a Limbo-armor Magik is in our midst? Packed with Goblin Queen and S'ym?

My heart yearns for a set commemorating the Brood Saga, off the heels of the relatively recent Phoenix wave. Although, I recognize that it may not be "80s" enough. 

Sprite
Deathbird
Brood-Infected Wolverine
Binary
Maybe another Starjammer, Ch'od & Cr'reee?

But, like I said, this storyline is the last gasp of the Cockrum era. Very 70's, not really 80s. 

A Brood-infected Wolverine already exists. We don't need another one. There any other characters from the Brood Saga who got infected?

4 hours ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

Ah, damn. MB. I didn't know there were two different designs.

Still, I think I'd rather see a new Brood-infected character and not just a copypasta of Wolverine. That way, armybuilding can be a thing for the Brood.

Slight suggestion: 
Sprite

Deathbird
Fang Wolverine with Daken Claws and alternate heads. 
Binary
Ch'od & Cr'reee and the Bug.

16 minutes ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

More reasonable.

Thanks. If people want to Army build they can have a Guard Fang, a Kitty, depowered Binary, and a cape Deathbird. The three Starjammers though… well who doesn’t need multiple Green things. 

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Slight suggestion: 
Sprite

Deathbird
Fang Wolverine with Daken Claws and alternate heads. 
Binary
Ch'od & Cr'reee and the Bug.

1 hour ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

More reasonable.

Except that Wolverine didn't wear the Fang costume in these comics . . .

HOWEVER, Uncanny #162 (which is the issue where the infected Wolverine comes from) does feature Fang's death at the hands of the Brood aliens. So, if it were to go down that way then the box would need to advertise Fang proper and come packaged with an additional, swappable Wolverine head.

Personally, I'd just prefer the infected Wolverine because

a.) it's a Cockrum design, so automatically striking and interesting enough to warrant the additional Wolverine variant
b.) it'll have funky pearlescent pants which are always neat
c.) I'd hate to only have two Imperial Guard members and its Gladiator and . . . Fang . . .

Unless we're getting Starbolt, Hussar, Manta, Earthquake, Oracle, Warstar etc.  I'd rather just have Gladiator.

17 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Except that Wolverine didn't wear the Fang costume in these comics . . .

HOWEVER, Uncanny #162 (which is the issue where the infected Wolverine comes from) does feature Fang's death at the hands of the Brood aliens. So, if it were to go down that way then the box would need to advertise Fang proper and come packaged with an additional, swappable Wolverine head.

Personally, I'd just prefer the infected Wolverine because

a.) it's a Cockrum design, so automatically striking and interesting enough to warrant the additional Wolverine variant
b.) it'll have funky pearlescent pants which are always neat
c.) I'd hate to only have two Imperial Guard members and its Gladiator and . . . Fang . . .

Unless we're getting Starbolt, Hussar, Manta, Earthquake, Oracle, Warstar etc.  I'd rather just have Gladiator.

Well, we could eventually get a third Imperial Guard member in Smasher through the Avengers if DST was generous they might even give us the Male chest block in addition to the female one but I see your point. A play pattern I had since the 90s was just to lump the StarJammers with the Imperial Guard since we only had Guardian and Warstar.