D&D 80s Cartoon

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I believe, due to their success, we want to do more D&D MM. Both sets sold out. I do not know what the characters would be, though. I doubt we would do more animated, as we hit all the big characters. And the game is a tough one. But fingers crossed. 

The movie had a few interesting characters.  Personally, I'd like to see characters from the game or at least a few creatures like Beholders, Mindflayers, heck I'd even be willing to buy a gelatinous cube.  To be honest I wouldn't even mind if they were generic characters depicting various races/species and classes found in the game.

I am not an RPG guy (not since junior high), but the Pathfinder Minimates were some of my favorites we've done, so I would love to see more fantasy characters. 

I also enjoyed the last movie, so I would love to see that band of characters as well. Not sure how that would work with the studio, I think Hasbro controls all rights, but we may need to get a license from Paramount, who we already work with. 

I have never seen the 2000 movie, or its two (!) sequels.

I know nothing about D&D to be honest, i just have been fascinated by Warduke since i can remember and that's been why i have been so vocal about supporting this line.

but Neca has done a few characters that aren't in either box set -- the knight guy who looks like a stereotypical knight and some bad-guy with snakes.  again, no idea where they're from but at least a follow up two pack would be a cool addition.  or a box set of accessories and the two figures (cheaper than the current box sets but could be packaged similar).

not sure what accessries i'm thinking of though since i don't know squat about the game.

Neca seems to just be redoing the original LJN line-up.   Grimsword(the guy wrapped in the snake) never appeared in the cartoon. Kelek(the sorcerer in red and black) Zarak( the little green guy), Strongheart (the Paladin with the stache) were in the cartoon. The Dwarf Elkhorn is suppose to be in it but I don't remember him ever actually showing up. I know some of them were put in the game or in books later on.  The only figures I had were Warduke, Grimsword and Strongheart.  I love the characters because I still play the game, but I was in fourth grade when the LJN toys came out.  I don't think they did as well because they were competing with GI Joe, MOTU, and Blackstar.  

Edited by AugieWargo
misspelling

On 9/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, DSTZach said:

I believe, due to their success, we want to do more D&D MM. Both sets sold out. I do not know what the characters would be, though. I doubt we would do more animated, as we hit all the big characters. And the game is a tough one. But fingers crossed. 

Baldur’s Gate 3 is a D&D video game and it’s huge right now. I feel like not capitalizing on that is a big miss. 

finally went to my comic shop to pick up my villians set and yeah, about as perfect a set as can be.

figures look awesome and i even opened it before going back to work and i love it all

packaging is perfect for a set like this

not sure it could have been made any better.

if anyone bought a set and doesn't want their warduke let me know.  i can totally see me building an army of him.

Edited by nandoninny