UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Minimates/Vinimates

First the Britt Baker Vinimate looks way better than in the photos.

Jay Lethal kind of makes sense. His accomplishments in ROH way outshine his current run in AEW.  Are ROH wrestlers off the table?  Both companies are owned by Tony Khan and featured on AEW tv. 

Would 3 packs ever be an option with AEW featuring so many trios tag teams? 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I know this is an AEW thread. But could dst get a WCW or WWF license? It'd be cool to get classic wrestlers like the Iron Sheik or the Junkyard Dog. 😁 or have these licenses already been discussed?

WCW is owned by WWE, so that's not going to happen. I assume that DST's license is much like Jakks, in that they can do older looks for wrestlers from outside their WWE days (like they could do a young Chris Jericho from very early in his career). Theoretically I suppose they could sign old wrestlers to merch contracts and produce some kind of a Legends of Wrestling line, but I can't see how that would be cost effective.

Luke did a whole series of custom WWF Minimates; you should look at that thread if you haven't. That's as close as you're probably going to get I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, hellpop said:

WCW is owned by WWE, so that's not going to happen. I assume that DST's license is much like Jakks, in that they can do older looks for wrestlers from outside their WWE days (like they could do a young Chris Jericho from very early in his career). Theoretically I suppose they could sign old wrestlers to merch contracts and produce some kind of a Legends of Wrestling line, but I can't see how that would be cost effective.

Luke did a whole series of custom WWF Minimates; you should look at that thread if you haven't. That's as close as you're probably going to get I'm afraid.

Ah thanks Hellpop. A legends Wrestling line would be cool. But i think you're right about its possibility. Thanks!

20 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I know this is an AEW thread. But could dst get a WCW or WWF license? It'd be cool to get classic wrestlers like the Iron Sheik or the Junkyard Dog. 😁 or have these licenses already been discussed?

It would probably depend on Mattel's WWE license. If they are a MASTER TOY LICENSEE, then they may have total control over what competing products are made. 

18 hours ago, AugieWargo said:

First the Britt Baker Vinimate looks way better than in the photos.

Jay Lethal kind of makes sense. His accomplishments in ROH way outshine his current run in AEW.  Are ROH wrestlers off the table?  Both companies are owned by Tony Khan and featured on AEW tv. 

Would 3 packs ever be an option with AEW featuring so many trios tag teams? 

I know they own ROH, but I would not be able to tell you who is currently with ROH that is not on the AEW roster. There are so many ex-ROH in the upper echelons of AEW that we should probably get to first. And I doubt a ROH-branded line would do nearly as well as the AEW line. 

16 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Well Jade Cargill is off the table now. She is apparently done with AEW and heading to WWE. Her Minimate would have been great too. Oh well, I hope she does good in WWE

WHAT? Man, that stinks. 

9 hours ago, hellpop said:

I don't know if Jazwares has to deal directly with the talent to license their old, unowned looks, or if AEW handles all of that through their overarching agreements with each wrestler. But Jazwares puts out a lot more product than we do, and they need to have new versions of the biggest stars on the pegs at mass retail on a regular basis, otherwise they'd just have a bunch of Nyla Roses and Lance Archers hanging out. 

With our pre-ordering system, and no mass presence, we'd probably want to focus on new characters in their most up-to-date looks, especially when looks get updated on a regular basis. Sure, maybe there are some popular wrestlers we could revisit once or twice, but much has been made here and elsewhere about the depth of the roster, so I imagine a new character would sell better than any repeat. Although when we make Luchasaurus we will need to make green AND red flavors. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 9:06 AM, DSTZach said:

Oh, and Series 3 has been designed, so that looks like it is going forward. 

Going to guess MJF and Bryan Danielson will be in this set, but the other two are hard to pin down. I would think Darby and Sting, but it's been semi-confirmed that will be the next two pack, right?

8 hours ago, hellpop said:

Going to guess MJF and Bryan Danielson will be in this set, but the other two are hard to pin down. I would think Darby and Sting, but it's been semi-confirmed that will be the next two pack, right?

Swerve and... Samoa Joe, maybe? Much as I would love Keith Lee, Wardlow, Jack Parry, Luchasaurus, Will Hobbs, Konosuke, the Acclaimed...

I think Swerve, Joe, MJF would be great; so would Bryan, but @DSTZach said he was not on the short list...

Hikaru Shida? Saraya for her namebrand? Toni Storm, with potentially that black and white variant?

For the love of god, if you do Thunder Rosa, include a full 'Day of the Dead' alternate head that she does, sometime, so I can finally make customs of La Muerta and Lady Deathstrike II.

Edited by Navaan

22 hours ago, Navaan said:

I think Swerve, Joe, MJF would be great; so would Bryan, but @DSTZach said he was not on the short list...

He wasn't on MY short list, but he's moved up a bit. ;) 

On 1/12/2024 at 4:00 PM, hellpop said:

We're gonna fold the two-pack into Series 3. So they're still next.