UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TBT's Latest customs...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work T... I'm truly impressed. The poster looks great.

I love the mech as well... Don't know how I missed it before. Very cool.

• 5 months later...

Darn this is almost thread necro ;)

Jack Bauer needs someone to shoot at and Doc Brown needs someone to buy his plutonium from, I thought we needed more bad guys so here's

'The Terrorist'

post-7-1195625629_thumb.jpg

He's a work in progress, the application is a bit lopsided so consider this an early mockup not the finished article.

The 'vest' is a full item in that wraps around both the sides and over the top of the minimate to a detailed back.

I plan to make probably half a dozen of these and also a 'leader' so I can have a full terrorist action going on! :)

T.

The suit reminds me a tad of Snake from MGS. Sweeeeet terrorist. That'd be a great army builder pack.

Amusingly the vest is based on one from a MGS2 generic soldier Kubrick.

As for the color scheme, I had a substantial number of Rhino's lying around so logistics said that I went with a slightly lighter grey than I initially wanted, but the more I look at it the more I'm happy with tha choice it makes the darker parts more contrasting.

I want to eventually make a bunch of these types of guys, more terrorist/bankheist/villian designs, SAS , SWAT & general Spec Ops type guys.

Personally I think there's huge potential that isn't being used here as kids love to play toy soldiers, and there's no licensing issues as they would be generic figures. If they wanted to they could swap equipment and weapons etc between them.

I also think that there's also the video game market where guys are out there playing CounterStrike, Rainbow6 and CoD4 who would love little versions of the soldiers they play online.

What does anyone else think?

T.

Kick ass terrorist! That dude is awesome! You should make a guy with a gasmask! :biggrin:

As for some videogame soldiers, i want some team fortress 2!

If you need a guy with a gasmask, there's always Psycho Mantis... :D

Kick ass terrorist! That dude is awesome! You should make a guy with a gasmask! :biggrin:

As for some videogame soldiers, i want some team fortress 2!

If you need a guy with a gasmask, there's always Psycho Mantis... :D

I'm actually trying to stay away from obviously stylized or licensed characters such as those from TF2 or the main characters of something like MGS. I think that generic would have a much wider appeal as they have a ton of different ways to use em.

I have plans for a guy in mask probably based on the 80's SAS antiterrorist uniform.

I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do but the mask is tricky as there is a filter that sits on the side and going to be tricky to reproduce realistically on a curving flat surface that wraps around the head. In a perfect world I'd make a gas mask that was removable but not sure my sculpting skills are up to that.

T.

The suit reminds me a tad of Snake from MGS. Sweeeeet terrorist. That'd be a great army builder pack.

Amusingly the vest is based on one from a MGS2 generic soldier Kubrick.

As for the color scheme, I had a substantial number of Rhino's lying around so logistics said that I went with a slightly lighter grey than I initially wanted, but the more I look at it the more I'm happy with tha choice it makes the darker parts more contrasting.

I want to eventually make a bunch of these types of guys, more terrorist/bankheist/villian designs, SAS , SWAT & general Spec Ops type guys.

Personally I think there's huge potential that isn't being used here as kids love to play toy soldiers, and there's no licensing issues as they would be generic figures. If they wanted to they could swap equipment and weapons etc between them.

I also think that there's also the video game market where guys are out there playing CounterStrike, Rainbow6 and CoD4 who would love little versions of the soldiers they play online.

What does anyone else think?

T.

Brilliant custom TBT & I know, only too well ,your awareness of the Kubrick Special Forces Series 1-6. Series 5 was sub-titled Enemy's Posse & 6 out of the 7 figures were um..er..baddies ...loosely christened West & East Gang. The recent Sgt. Rock obviously lends himself to the 'toy soldier' role because he is....er... um... a soldier & will be a template for many future military- type customs I'm sure, Sgt. Nick Fury for a starter.

Wow, that is an amazing custom. Excellent work!

--edit: I just browsed through some of your earlier customs after seeing this. . .Jesus. . .I thought your avatar was a completely photoshopped job. The LED stuff is awe-inspiring.--

• 3 months later...

Ok folks having seen all the cool new IM mini's coming our way I thought it was time to update my Hall of armors...

It now has room for 12 in storage, 1 hanging (Iron Spidey) and 1 in the test chamber. ssadly after I was done and put my mates back I realised when we get the movie mates I think I'm going to need upsize it again! :)

post-7-1204266093_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204266165_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204266260_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204266337_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204267839_thumb.jpg

The Stark Sign at the top flips up for 'atic' storage...

Lemme know what you think? :)

T.

Thanks guys...

While I'm here here's the current WIP. We need someone to take out those terrorists I made... and Jack Bauer cant be everywhere at once. ( athough maybe he can with the number of them we're getting ;)

post-7-1204309262_thumb.jpg

80's style Anti Terrorist SAS.

Mask is stolen from a kubrick (Thanks BHM) - it's a little big for my liking though.

Vest is a placeholder made from a Namor vest modified and reversed.

I'd love a line of minimates like these SAS, Marines, terrorists etc.

Thoughts?

T.

Seeing as I'm in post happy mode... Here's some stuff I've had kicking around, some cool some silly... you decide ;)

Modern Armored Thor.

post-7-1204310787_thumb.jpg

FF4 She Hulk

post-7-1204310828_thumb.jpg

He's Dead Jim! - Trek Redshirt after landing on the Alien Planet!

post-7-1204310902_thumb.jpg

Iron Spidey... classic style ;) ok this doesn't qualify for anything really but has just been sitting on my desk and amuses me :)

post-7-1204311000_thumb.jpg

Transmission ends...

T.