UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TBT's Latest customs...

Hey, uhh.... There are two Tony Starks in that display...

actually there is 4

1 is at the chair

1 is flying in the armor

1 is in a lab coat with the mask lifted up

AND

1 is just standing there

be happy :banana:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ehm the last one is rhodey......u know?........james rhodes AKA warmachine?

:) Thanks Aapje... It had me worrying that my customs (albeit quick custom in his case) were really that bad.

T.

p.s. Can I offically BAN the Dancing Bannana from my custom thread it's damn annoying :):nuke:

lol

i dont like bananas either....they always stare at me with their beady eyes but they do make me happy :S

but pretty good job on the rhodey though :D

OK so several people have asked to see pix of the 'guts' of my light up cyke.

I'm posting this mostly as a followup to Jcasticks light up Vengance as posted here.

OK here we go now for the science bit :P

guts.jpg

This shows all the techie bits, most of it is self explainatory. The head has about 1/4 cut out leaving enough full height head left to take the stress when the Neck/Switch is depressed to activate the micro switch. It's a pretty tight fit and everything JUST fits with the extra length given by an upside down belt glued to the bottom of the torso.

torso.jpg

(back view)The whole Guts assembly then sits inside here... yes I milled out the entire middle of a torso to make enough room.

back.jpg

Assembled back view, I'm not very happy with the ugly fit of the back cover/electronics chassis part but I built this more as a Proof of concept than anything else and just wanted to prove it could all fit and work well.

And here's a link to where I posted pix of him lighting up.

I hope this helps if you feel like having a go yourself (and improving the quality a bit.) and it should be fairly obvious how it's done now.

I'd love to see what you guys come up with, if you do need any other info feel free to ask away.

T.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I was Monkeying around with some C3 stuff today and came up with an addition to my C3 Hall of armours/Ironman Lab & thought you guys might appreciate it... It's basically a 'mini-mech' that minimates can ride in :)

Sadly because of the clear plastic the Photo's dont do it justice :(

Stark Tech Stealth weapons platform... V1.0

Front view - Weapons Active

post-7-1180669551_thumb.jpg

Side View - Weapons Secure

post-7-1180668989_thumb.jpg

Run and gun baby !!! - yes it's standing by itself in that pose, cool huh :)

post-7-1180669199_thumb.jpg

Open Cockpit

post-7-1180669149_thumb.jpg

Weapons Pods detached

post-7-1180669366_thumb.jpg

Play features are:

The legs are totally postitionable, the cockpit opens and as you can see the weapons rotate through 90Deg.

There is also the option to pop and swap the weapons pods on the side.

Thoughts? should I post this sort of thing in here or not?

OH AND in case you missed it.. .my hybrid IM/TonyStark minimate...over in the Shane/Boyds Hulkthing thread :)

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=39817

T.

p.s. not sure why I have the image below? it's not there when I edit the post :blink:

post-7-1180668924_thumb.jpg

Nice work TBT, especially the composite Tony/IM figure. Once I start breaking things out, I'll have to start getting advice from you and Nervous on what to do with my extras :P

• 2 weeks later...

Movie poster madness... or how I did it :)

I wanted to do this...

post-7-1181934159_thumb.jpg

And my finished article was this...

post-7-1181934190_thumb.jpg

What you didn't see in the competition thread was this...

post-7-1181934265_thumb.jpg

Which is the picture as it was straight from the camera before being sucked into the poster background or these...

Normal daylight test or...

post-7-1181934433_thumb.jpg

The very messy wiring involved in 3 seperate LED's in one minimate! - I didn't make it pretty because it wouldn't show in the pictures...

post-7-1181934559_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to show that very little was actually done in photoshop & the original picture is the key to the whole thing which was my my plan from the start...

I'm VERY pleased at how it came out.

T.

You are the LED master. I hope someday you will be able to make an Iron Man with a glowing chest emblem and no wires anywhere.

It's on my list.... Next on that list is a GL with a lightup ring though :) (with no wires showing.)

I bought a bunch of different coloured LED's so have a few projects in mind :)

T.