UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Yes. there's a wave with BW Inferno/Tigertron, Ricochet (Jazz repaint)/Predaking, Lazerbeak/Prowl, and Super Fire Convoy/Gigatron (rid Prime and Megs). They were SUPPOSED to be out before the movie, between the last wave with Cheetor/Tankorr, Perceptor/Gnaw and all that jazz. You see how well that worked. They may be out after the movie. So far we've got 2 ROTF RH waves dropped at once, with another 2 waiting. They said there aren't any more G1 RHs planed after the movie. Which makes me wonder where Victory Saber/Dezzaraz is?

Pics here. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers...-singapore.html

Why can't North Raider live in Singapore? :(

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, the appeal of them is having all of the G1's together. There's just something about that that's cool to me. I suppose it's because G1 is more of a pop culture thing to me than collectibles. I never really had any, but loved the cartoon. The Robot Heroes ar a good mix of both and I can afford them. Sadly, the first few waves they put out I have but are in storage so I've never actually seen all of them together (if anyone has them all and would take a pic I'd be appreciative).

Yeah, a quick skim of my room gives a resounding "not me" :P And I'm actually much more of a former Transformer fan than I used to be. Though I do have every Robot Hero to date, with the glaring exception of the Walmart Movie 5 pack. :/

And I'm actually much more of a former Transformer fan than I used to be.

You were formerly more of a fan than you used to be?

Correct. Wild horses couldn't have kept me away from anything Beast Wars when i was younger. I literally drempt about it. At this point I don't care and have sold off a sizable chunk of my collection over the past couple of months.

And yeah, I liked the WM 5 pack, but not enough to pay retail for it, and by the time it dropped in price, I wasn't around.

And I'm actually much more of a former Transformer fan than I used to be.

You were formerly more of a fan than you used to be?

He was formerly a Transformer fan but primarily a primate .

Stop being a cheeky monkey Rob.

You never know when he'll go ape on you.

Munkky not Trukk!

FIBRIR

(Trukk!! da Munky goes in the tape deck!)

(looks around the room...) Come on, I can't be the only actively collecting Transfan here. I just got here. I'm still adjusting my bean bag chair after dragging it here from the lurker's corner. >sigh<

The only reason I'm not buying them now is, well, I don't have any left to buy I want. (eBay hunting to fill old gaps not withstanding) My son's Animated collection is complete, not counting the what has yet to come out. Got all the classics I could get my hands on. And thx to the movie, I get to take a nearly year long break. (Poweglide, Hard Head and maaaaaybe Skyjack not withstanding)

On Robot Heroes... we saw package shots of those show up on some of the TF news sites. If it made it that far, they will make it to maket somewhere. Otherwise Hasbro has to lose money. And if we know nothing else about Hasbro, we know they hate to lose money. Which in this case, I appreciate as Laserbeak and Prowl would have been exceent addition to the RH army. Was disappointed that Predaking was coming out as a regular sized mate. There were rumors that Hasbro was thinking about introducing larger Robot Heroes, simlar to the Giant Man or Sentinels they made for SHS. They hinted they were thinking about making Omega and some of the combiners in the larger size. So even though Predaking looks good for a RH, he's a disappointment. (not so much so that I won't pick him up mind you) Ironically they are making a larger sized combiner RH- Movie Devastator. >SIGH<

I've got some Animated stuff, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell. It was real easy to collect when Wal-Mart had the singles for $7.77. At $12.88, I just can't do it. That and I've never beenable to watch the show.

not being ale to watch is that due to lack of interest or just not having acess to it....if its the latter let me know efore I ship your package and I'll...help sort that out

on topic - I love Animated....right after G1 in my books!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Well, it's funny but I can't watch Animated because of my kids. When Saturay morning rolls around, they're too busy watching Spongebob for me to catch Animated or the Spider-Man series. Jeff, maybe you can relate that you can't watch the cartoons that you want because of your kids? We've caught one episode and one of my boys loved it, but he never thinks to watch it again when it's on.

Well, it's funny but I can't watch Animated because of my kids. When Saturay morning rolls around, they're too busy watching Spongebob for me to catch Animated or the Spider-Man series. Jeff, maybe you can relate that you can't watch the cartoons that you want because of your kids? We've caught one episode and one of my boys loved it, but he never thinks to watch it again when it's on.

Yea I totally know what you mean with that....its funny how kids can really affect every aspect of your life, right down to which cartoons you watch lol. No worries buddy you guys will be able to get caught up once that package from me hits your doorstep, this show is too good to go unwatched! My wife even has taken a shine to it and she only ever liked the G1 Transformers. :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

DVR

It's a beautiful thing. (unfortunately it's also a frustrating thing, once you get used to being able to pause and backup TV, it's hard to go back to being without it) But it also means that Saturday Morning is more on our schedule than the TV's. In fact 3 of the shows they watch on Saturday Mornings actually come on on Friday nights. (Batman, X-men, Iron Man)

My son is a bigger Animated fan than I am. He's really bummed that the show is over. It was fun to watch with him, unlike the chore that was sitting through Cybretron or Energon. (Or Dinosaur King, dear GOD that's a bad show) It was cute, my brother got Paul (my oldest) an Animated Skywarp as a belated birthay present, and Paul was crowing that he had a complete collection of every charcter in animated he could get. And he did, not counting non-cannon repaints, and 70% of them purchased with his own allowance. He was very proud of himself. And then Sunday morning came, and he found out that more Animateds were coming. I am still not sure if he's more happy or annoyed. Considering he was asking me if I thought he could sell the Soundwave on eBay and keep the Ratbat, I'm guessing the former. (my Wife looked at me when he asked that and said simply "This is your fault.")

My sister and I just rewatched Beast Wars. That show truly is amazing, and it was so cutting edge. The first part of season 1 is only just now getting to the part where you notice the CGI is old. We plowed through it and I filled the entire thing with commentary. I love that girl, she is such a geek. XD