UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

We found ours at Target. I'd keep checking stores before eBay as these sem to be just hitting. There was a Freeway Jazz there as well... but my boy isn't a big fan of non-cannon repaints... >sniff< there are times he makes me so proud. wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

War for Cybertron Bumblebee. Enjoy.

ish_31.jpg

Here's my problem. The designs are SO odd. Though, it's better than the movie. In the movie you go "i can't see what's happening. oh there we go. wait, who is that?" Here it's "Oh, Bumblebee looks weird" You gotta give it though, that that head is nigh perfect. Actually i think it'd look great as Cliffjumpper.

Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks?

Head does look good, and the body looks OK (like a classics figure) but too lanky for Bumblebee. From what I can see of car mode, seems inspired by the movie, where Bumblebee's a sports car for some stupid reason.

This is far superior:

5150S0S9FTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

One... I'm glad BB found his pistol, which was sorely missing from the Classics toy (and one of my main knocks against it)

I haven't seen the alt. mode on this one, so it's hard to judge.

And I know I'm talking crazy, but would it kill Hasbro to add a new head sculpt to this thing when the inevitable red Cliffjumper comes out? I am not an opponent of Transformer repaints as a general rule. They can trot out and repaint that Classics Starscream mold as many times in as many color schemes as they can come up with and I'll bite every single time. But two repaints that have become Hasbro favorites over the last decade are white Primes called Ultra Magnus, and red BumbleBees called Cliffjumper. And those two I am very, very tired of. Show a little effort, make them at least slightly different besides the color of plastic. That's all I ask.

For the Activator's version, for which I am gratefull. No such luck on the green Wasp repiant of Deluxe Animated B that's do out somewhere this spirng.

• 3 weeks later...
Thoughts? Comments? Snide remarks?

He looks pretty cool. How do I get one? I wonder what his vehicle mode looke like? It would be cool if it looked like he did in the opeing scene of the first episode of the G1 cartoon

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

I got a great Transformer a week ago.

DSCN2434.jpg

Very nice. If I could buy a starscream for the price of those I would do it now. I passed on all these in the past.

I picked up an MP Skywarp about a week ago for $30 and I found Animated Arcee and Ratchet a couple days ago. Ratchet has a decent robot mode but his gimmick is stupid and the alt mode sucks. Aside from a small design flaw, Arcee is solid all the way around. It's been way too long since I've been excited about a TF purchase. Come on, Generations, I'm ready!

Still looking for those Animated, son's birthday is in May and he'd love to have those.

The U.S. Prime was a different shade of red supposedly, and had a different colored gun (at least mine did, the first U.S. release had a black gun). Obviously, the Starscream was significantly different from the first Japanese release, which was green. Pretty sure MP Skywarp had some paint differences. Not sure how different the U.S. Grimlock is supposed to be.

Is there a big price difference when the Masterpiece figs are released domestically? I saw the Grimlock import at my LCS and it was amazing, but so crazy expensive.

The first release of MP Prime ran about $75 bucks... which eventually got clearanced down to half that and below. In addition to what Sam mentions, the US Prime had the apparently blasphemous "short smoke stacks" which were significantly shorter than the Takara release due to US toy safety laws. I am sure the Grimlock will have some differences for the same regulations, and somehow that will be Hasbro's fault. Now the odd black "Battle damage" burn marks Hasbro added to their first MP Prime, those were all their fault.

And thanks, Chopperface. I will certainly keep that in mind.

I had a master piece Prime I picked up from tru it wouldn't stand up the gas tank wouldn't clip in properly to keep the leg from retracting. I returned it and got another one it had the same problem. I eventually purchased the Takara version of ebay it didn't have that problem it wasn't absolutely perfect but, it's still pretty good.

Yeah, I replaced those smokestacks immediately after receiving "25th Anniversary" Prime. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made, IMO.

What did you replace them with? I have a MP Prime and that sounds like a great idea. I just picked up one of the 25th anniversary Unviverse Primes. Can't wait to watch the DVD

Yeah, I replaced those smokestacks immediately after receiving "25th Anniversary" Prime. Definitely one of the coolest toys ever made, IMO.

Best description I read of it is "It's the toy you thought you had as a kid." Probably my favorite Transformer.

What did you replace them with? I have a MP Prime and that sounds like a great idea.

There used to be a couple of places that sold reproduction Takara stacks. But both I knew of went away for one reason or another. (One poor guy had a stroke, the other managed to do the last thing a guy selling repro parts wants to do... get Hasbro to notice you.) I've actually been looking for a new repro dealer myself.