UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a Ross around here. It seems like a treasure trove of toy goodness!

It ain't as great as it seems. You may find a sole JLU 3 pack or something every once in a while, but it is mostly just junk (it is all stuff that doesn't sell elsewhere), and is always thrown about and on the floor by little kids, sometimes that stuff is opened. Best thing I ever found there was a cool Speed Racer remote control car for $5.

I go to Ross to get all of my shoes and luggage, though. You can't beat their prices on that stuff.

Edited by karamazov80

I need 2 sets each of the Shout! DVD Transformers and GI Joe collector cases. There's some kind of super huge SDCC bonus. I'm still working out the details, but expect cash will be delivered ahead of time. I don't play the "I'll pay you back. plz spend your own hard earned cash for me" game. :) Any volunteers?

(yes, I am flooding the market)

• 3 weeks later...

I had a $10 gift card for Kohl's (department store) and I recently picked up a Transformers Universe (2.0/25th Anniversary) Prowl. I love this thing! Some of the others from this line look pretty damn cool too like Hound and Ratchet. Do you guys have any experience/opinions on this Transformers line? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

I remember seeing a Starscream from this line a while back at a WalMart, but didn't pay any attention to it. Now I'm regretting it. If anyone still has one in their area, please PM me. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a RotF Sideswipe yesterday. I sat down with it tonight and I have to say it's pretty nice looking. My only complaint is that his feet suck. The tires keep rolling making him virtually unable to stand at all. I know he "skates" in the movie, but I can't believe that there wasn't something added to lock the wheels in place or balance the feet out. This one issue almost ruins it.

If he didn't look so damn cool, I'd probably return him! :lol:

I picked up the Universe 2.0 Ironhide while grocery shopping yesterday. The vehicle mode leaves a little to be desired, but the robot mode exudes G1 cool. I'm really liking this line so far- I wish I wasn't getting to the party so late!

...still looking for Starscream... :geek:

I think I'm addicted! I picked up a Universe 2.0 Ratchet at the grocery store this week. Not much of a surprise since it's a straight Ironhide repaint. Then I found the Skids/Mudflap ice cream truck from the movie line. It rocks. They end up being a little small though since they're a 2-in-1. Those little turds were tough to transform too. (I usually do the "manly" thing and have a go at it without directions on the first try!)

I think I'm addicted!

Congradulations, Hasbro now owns your soul. It's disconcerting at first, but in time you can't remember feeling any other way. It becomes comfortable, like old leather.

Have any of you seen the ROTF legends class toys out? They are about 4" tall and appear to have really simple transformations. My daughter wants an Optimus Prime for her 5th birthday, but I haven't seen them anywhere but eBay & they cost about $10-15 when you figure in shipping...

Have any of you seen the ROTF legends class toys out? They are about 4" tall and appear to have really simple transformations. My daughter wants an Optimus Prime for her 5th birthday, but I haven't seen them anywhere but eBay & they cost about $10-15 when you figure in shipping...

I can keep an eye out. I've seen some here and there, but I dont remember seeing a Prime, but now I know to look.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, transformers fans (mainly you, TM2), what's the Transformers Animated Bulkhead like? Is he worth 5 bucks? That's how much I can get him at Meijer (he was originally 21.99, do I think it's deluxe or leader class or something?)

They also had Optimus and Starscream, what about them for the same price?

SMURF YES! Prime was worth $20, Screamer, eh, your mileage may varry. I never got around to getting Bulkhead, thinking he'd drop, and I never saw him. Still see Lugnut, but I wanted a Leader class. :(

Prime is a VERY nive figure. Think MPC (20th prime) type articulation, except without the wrist. Screamer has above average articulation, and like most Animated figs is very playable. I didn't get Bulkhead and am kicking myself for it. Him and Leader Megs are like the only 2 I'm missing.