UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

The only other cartoon worth watching these days is the new Spider-Man. They need to get going on that Avatar sequel series. Or I need to stop watching children's television. :P One or the other.

I have seen a couple of episodes of Brave and the Bold, and was pleasantly surprised. I really wasn't expecting anything, but the episode focusing on the GL Corps (with Sinestro, Gardner, and G'Nort) was quite good, with Bats punching Gardner out just like he did in the old JLI, and the episode was even written by JM Dematteis, who apart from being one crucial part of the JLI, wrote at least a few of the JLU episodes.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen a couple of episodes of Brave and the Bold, and was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't seen it because I thought it was geared towards really young kids, but I've actually heard good things from a couple of people lately, so I'll try to remember to tape it this week along with Spidey... I did enjoy JLU a lot (just bought a Bruce Timm sketchbook/interview thing yesterday actually).

The only other cartoon worth watching these days is the new Spider-Man. They need to get going on that Avatar sequel series. Or I need to stop watching children's television. :P One or the other.

I have seen a couple of episodes of Brave and the Bold, and was pleasantly surprised. I really wasn't expecting anything, but the episode focusing on the GL Corps (with Sinestro, Gardner, and G'Nort) was quite good, with Bats punching Gardner out just like he did in the old JLI, and the episode was even written by JM Dematteis, who apart from being one crucial part of the JLI, wrote at least a few of the JLU episodes.

Blue Beetle shows up too :D

Botcon is in Pasadena this year. Are any of yall going? I have a lady friend that needs a room. I don't know if she'd be willing to stay at a Cali based house or not but I told her I'd ask around.

So, season 3 of Animated starts off this saturday with a movie (just like I predicted) Transwarped, and I'm going out of town... So I'll be in a hotel room... And get to see S3 of Animated start! YAY!

That was a great premiere, they really juggled the various storylines well and kept the pace fast...

Did you guys get 90 minutes in the US? I thought it was supposed to be three episodes, but they only showed 2 up here.

Also, were those

transforming asteroids supposed to be Rock Lords!? I thought those were a Go-Bots line though, not TF (mostly since we could afford them when I was a kid

:P )... well, whether it was an intentional nod or not, it made me laugh...

Now that the show's back, I'm really wishing we would've gotten Animated-style Arcee and

Rodimus

figures though :(

Well, Animated's not done yet. Here's the thing. People that run the news boards, especially 2005, are very ANTI Animated. They activly WANT the line to fail. So they are stringing everything together to make sure people think the line is dead. Animated as a toy line is planed to continue through the end of the year. Arcee, Soundblaster, Freeway Jazz and Ratchet are planed to come out next month, and Classics Animated Bumblebee is also still planned to come out. Sunstorm and Shockwave are out at Target right now. Goldlock, Hydrodive Bumblebee, Blackout and Wingblade Optimus Prime are also slated to come out in the $20 range. CN and Hasbro have never actually confirmed the end of the show. Only a few blogs said the production for season 3 ended and they don't know if they're going back again.

So, it may very well be dead, but I'm inclined to believe that it's godmods who don't want anything but Bayformers to survive.

Now I NEED a Sari figure w/ removable helmet and pop-out blades

So...

There is this thing called TFcon at Toronto in a little over a month. I am thinking about going. Mostly just to fit in some kinda toy convention this year. Here is the website: www.tfcon.ca . They have a cool looking exclusive, but the ticket price to go to the show and get him is about $150. Do you guys (TF collectors) think he would be worth getting? And are there any of you here that would want him? Mind you, he will not be cheap to get as to buy just the tickets would be around $50 for what I want to do at the show.

Thanks

Let me put it like this. That is the best investment you will ever buy. You can turn around day of the convention and sell him for double. As soon as the first galleries show up online, he'll be fetching upwards of $500. I grantee it.

I got Sunstorm/Ratchet and Shockwave/Bumblebee at Target for $21.99 each today. Not a huge savings, but I was happy.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up a Optimus mp - 04 and the chest doesn't light up. Can somebody post a link or something that will tell me what kind of battery it needs and where to put it in? All the instuctions are in Japanese :(

I believe that the battery is inside the Matrix of Leadership in the U.S. version. You have to take it out, unscrew the plate, and change it that way.

However, I have also had problems here, and it usually stems from the connection not being made when I pressed the button down. I had to stick the Matrix in there in just the right way, and the button has to press down in just the right spot.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching this weekend's TFA ep, any other Beast Wars fans catch it? I wasn't too big on

this version of Waspinator (just because he's got "inator" on the end of his name now, doesn't mean he has to be huge and growly! He was better Bumblebee-sized), but man, I loved when Black Arachnia woke up at the end looking up at all the Maximal animals!

Nostalgia overload...

Just finished watching this weekend's TFA ep, any other Beast Wars fans catch it? I wasn't too big on

this version of Waspinator (just because he's got "inator" on the end of his name now, doesn't mean he has to be huge and growly! He was better Bumblebee-sized), but man, I loved when Black Arachnia woke up at the end looking up at all the Maximal animals!

Nostalgia overload...

Dude... I about died when that happened. That was the most awesome ending of all time. Know what? I'll be perfectly happy if those two never show up again. The ending was just that good.

Only thing that got me was BA getting all noble out of the blue.

One of the reasons I thought BA was such a great character on Beast Wars (and was a great choice to reinvent for TFA) was her complete moral ambiguity -- which really made her stand out in a universe that's all good robots vs. bad robots... so that didn't catch me too off-guard. If she does show up again, I could see her ending up allied with the Autobots.

Sentinel on the other hand --

I know he's always been a jerk, but usually more in a "goofy idiot" kinda way, not the pyscho he was in this episode! He basically wanted to put BA down like a dog!

Who knew there was that much depth to his character?? :blink:

One of the reasons I thought BA was such a great character on Beast Wars (and was a great choice to reinvent for TFA) was her complete moral ambiguity -- which really made her stand out in a universe that's all good robots vs. bad robots... so that didn't catch me too off-guard. If she does show up again, I could see her ending up allied with the Autobots.

Sentinel on the other hand --

I know he's always been a jerk, but usually more in a "goofy idiot" kinda way, not the pyscho he was in this episode! He basically wanted to put BA down like a dog!

Who knew there was that much depth to his character?? :blink:

I did.

He loved BA. And while Sentinel is a bigoted jerk, he still loved her. He lost his girlfriend. Optimus wouldn't let him go back and look for her. Then, he discovers that not only is she still

alive, but that she's a freak of nature AND a Decepticon. He loved her so much that he was willing to kill her, because that what he would want done to him. He wouldn't want to live like that. Unfortunately he never understood that Elita is a survivor. So I'm not sure it was an act of hatred or disdain, but rather misguided love.

• 3 weeks later...

This Is Why I Hate Machines is really really good! Not quite as good a Human Error, but still fairly awesome. WHY aren't we getting Season 4?!

Also, I'm rewatching Beast Wars. Again. For the 40 millionth time. If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it enough. I want show accurate figures! Like Revelotech or something.

Is anyone going to Botcon? I need someone to get me this.

1242625567.jpg

http://www.temptingtoys.net/

*puppy dog eyes*

Is that different than the original release in some way? I actually have a mostly complete (I think) figure of him (that IS TM2 Dinobot, right?) lying around my house.