UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day for me. In order to make some more room for newer things, I took most of my TFs off the shelf, and put them away. My G1, Classics, and Alternators figures, as well as my MP Megatron, all gone. . .gone! Now only Optimus remains. Just like what should have happened in the cartoon, Prime is the last survivor.

RIP displayed Transformers. You have earned your peace.

Edited by karamazov80

I do the same thing, K. I have a DVD rack and a bookshelf that I display some stuff on in my living room. Unfortunately it's not a lot of room and I have to rotate stuff in and out. Today is bittersweet- my Revoltech Transformers, RoC Joes and Batman Cosbabies have to come down today so that my McFarlane New York Giants figures can take their customary place for football season. :(

The other shelf has all of my Transformers Classics/Universe on it. I'm anxiously awaiting my Sunstreaker from the Phillipines to add to that one!

Edited by handsomedevil

• 1 month later...

...so...Transformers. Anybody here? :huh:

Did you pick up the new DVD? What version? Any thoughts?

I went to WM to get the single-disc Big Screen edition, but they were out. Out? Yeah, because there's only a 2-disc edition. There is no single-disc edition. I'm an idiot. I guess my frugal ass is burning a $20 for the double disc action!

(Why is it that I wouldn't think twice about dropping $20 on toys, but it's ridiculous to spend that on a single movie?)

...so...Transformers. Anybody here? :huh:

Did you pick up the new DVD? What version? Any thoughts?

I went to WM to get the single-disc Big Screen edition, but they were out. Out? Yeah, because there's only a 2-disc edition. There is no single-disc edition. I'm an idiot. I guess my frugal ass is burning a $20 for the double disc action!

(Why is it that I wouldn't think twice about dropping $20 on toys, but it's ridiculous to spend that on a single movie?)

I got the Target dvd with the Bumblebee case to keep my Optimus case company.

Overall the absolute best thing about the DVD is tha ability to use a little button I like to call fast forward. He's a good friend, especially in the Gauntlet of Egypt Where Nothing Important Happens. Very very good friend...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I found Masterpiece Skywarp mis-marked at Walmart for $22. I also managed to find an Animated Megatron at TRU, AND he was on sale half off! So, yay!

Animated Megatron is one of the best TFs ever done. Like in the top 25. He's just that good. He's MASSIVE, just like a Megatron should be. He's show accurate. The swords are sweet. The voice effects get old but, man, he's just good.

Skywarp, if you have Screamer, you have SW. He's exactly the same, right down to Dr Archevile, painted black. For $22 he's an amazing price, for the full $60... Well, considering he was $160 to import, and he's a WM exclusive, which are notoriously spotty at best.... I'll leave that up to yall.

• 4 weeks later...

Found ES Soundwave w/ RatBat keytar! Wrapped and under the tree already,baby! Somebody, my 8yo animtaed nut, is goona have a pleasant surprise this Christmas.

Found ES Soundwave w/ RatBat keytar! Wrapped and under the tree already,baby! Somebody, my 8yo animtaed nut, is goona have a pleasant surprise this Christmas.

no way!! dam gonna have to keep my eyse on ebay now...gotta add another soundwave to my soundwave collection!

Jeff of the Miniacs