UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Gotham Minimates- it's Official!

I remember a (male) comedian telling a story about being on the Tonight Show once, and Tony Randall was another one of the guests. An open secret of the Tonight Show is that Johnny Carson and the guests used to smoke during the commercial breaks. This comedian lights up, and Tony Randall looks at him with disgust and says "lips that touch cigarettes will never touch mine!" I always think of that story when I think about smokers. That said, my lips have touched those that have touched a cigarette, though not in well over a decade.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was tinkering with my parts and did a few quick customs of some of the standard characters of Gotham.

I posted them in my Star Trek listing in the Customs location if you wanted to see them. Only made them to act as placeholders in my collection until the official mates are available.

Thank you.

Link?

In the Custom Creations and Artwork section under Captain Paco's Customs. That is where you can see the images of my customs. Edited by Captain Paco

DSTZach, Thank you for the vote of confidence. I really am getting into the pre-Batman Gotham but some things are hard to swallow. Clayface is supposed to be a friend of Batman's but here he is much older (he has not been revealed yet but the character that has that name is a detective in the GCPD and has been seen on the series. Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl but they have Jim Gordon dating a gal named Barbara but they have split for now so who knows. I like how they revealed the future Scarecrow, Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman and introduced the parents of a future Dick Grayson. I am not sure about Penguin and Two-Face because they would be senior citizens when Batman arrives on the scene of Gotham.

But I know DST will have better looking minimates.

I can't wait so I hope you will reveal the images sooner than later.

Thank you.

Clayface is supposed to be a friend of Batman's but here he is much older (he has not been revealed yet but the character that has that name is a detective in the GCPD and has been seen on the series. Barbara Gordon becomes Batgirl but they have Jim Gordon dating a gal named Barbara but they have split for now so who knows. I like how they revealed the future Scarecrow, Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman and introduced the parents of a future Dick Grayson. I am not sure about Penguin and Two-Face because they would be senior citizens when Batman arrives on the scene of Gotham.

I don't have a problem with Two-Face (not Clayface) being 15 years older than Bruce. It wasn't until relatively recently that Harvey was made a childhood friend of Bruce's in comics and they're still acquaintances on the show. Unless Batman doesn't show up until he's 45, Penguin and Two-Face won't be senior citizens. They both look pretty young, despite the ages of the respective actors.

And Barbara Kean-Gordon is the name of Jim Gordon's ex-wife in the comics. She's pretty annoying on the show, though. I do NOT see what Jim sees in her.

The Barbara thing threw me a little, but I never knew about Jim's comic ex. I've been wondering this whole time if (and how) they would try to ascribe some Batgirl-like attributes to her.

I am obviously not a huge DC fan (or continuity nut), but when I used to watch the old X-Men cartoon when I was younger, I would get so mad when they portrayed characters differently than in the comics. But I think the trick here is to be able to appreciate the IDEA and WORLD of Batman and not the letter of the law. Based on what I know, Flash and Arrow both play fast-and-loose with their continuity, but it's interesting to see how they incorporated aspects of both Barry Allen and Wally West in the Flash, and made Dinah Lance a legacy Black Canary in a roundabout sort of way.

Frank Miller (and his editors at DC) screwed up when he wrote the name of Jim's wife as "Sarah" instead of "Barbara." What started as a mistake became continuity when he wrote "Year One" and introduced Sarah Essen as Gordon's colleague and mistress.

I have a tough time seeing Jim eventually hooking up with his older, former boss on this show. When the casting was announced, I thought they'd gotten things backwards because Erin Richards looked a lot more like the stunning Sarah than the mousy Barbara. I guess in this universe, Batgirl gets her looks from Mom but her brains from Dad.

And in general, I have no interest in watching slavish adaptations of the source material. Respect it but do something that surprises me without being insulting.

I am obviously not a huge DC fan (or continuity nut), but when I used to watch the old X-Men cartoon when I was younger, I would get so mad when they portrayed characters differently than in the comics. But I think the trick here is to be able to appreciate the IDEA and WORLD of Batman and not the letter of the law.

The Marvel movies have trained me to see two separate universes - comic vs big screen. And now with DC, it's the small screen universe. I enjoy hearing a name I recognize in any of those TV series you mention, but then I (try) to sit back with no expectations of what the character will do.

As a comic fan for pretty much my entire life, I would say overall I prefer the Marvel movie continuity to the comics in a lot of ways, partially because they have the ability to look back and see what works and doesn't work and streamline it a little bit. And frankly, I'm sure I'll get lynched for this, but I like the idea of Tony Stark creating Ultron a lot more than Hank Pym.

I have been tinkering with my Gotham themed customs.

Nygma and Gordon

Nygma%20Gorgon_zpssloebfdl.jpg

Alfred, Dent and Captain Essen

Alfred%20Dent%20Essen_zps6epmjcil.jpg

Thompson, Flass and Barbara Keen-Gordon

Thompson%20Flass%20Keen_zpsbv4w2dai.jpg

Mooney, Bullock and Cobblepot

Fish%20Bullock%20Penguin_zps4yswrith.jpg

Victor Zsasz and two of his girls (with creative licensing due to parts I have on hand.)

Zsasz%20and%20his%20gals_zpsahazr8wu.jpg

I am trying to work on the third henchwoman for Zsasz. I am also tinkering with Fish in her with attire on the island of the Doll Maker.

I will not do Bruce, Selina or Ivy at this time because there really aren't the parts in my supply at the moment.

I posted this yesterday in my listing in the Custom Creations and Artwork section, but copied here for you all today. I may have the parts for the third henchwoman soon.

I know most of these will be disassembled once the official mates come along but I am enjoying this QC work as it is keeping me busy.