UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Next Through the Ages Boxset

Pedro Pablumo

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it ought to be reasonable to do a stand like that, but toy licensing terms seem to largely unreasonable so I guess I can't fault DST for not pushing too hard. I suppose they see themselves in something of a precarious position regarding the license, between a block and a hard place as it were.

I agree that it ought to be reasonable to do a stand like that, but toy licensing terms seem to largely unreasonable so I guess I can't fault DST for not pushing too hard. I suppose they see themselves in something of a precarious position regarding the license, between a block and a hard place as it were.

I'm not even suggesting pushing it. Just friggin' try. As someone with experience with Marvel and Disney licensing, sometimes all you have to do is run it through the submission process.

No red flags, no statements like "I know we're not supposed to do vehicles but there's kinda precedent and this is really just a stand..." Simply submit the concept, business as usual, for yet another stand (that happens to look like GH's motorcycle) and see how far it gets.

I haven't read the whole threat,, so forgive me if it's been mentioned/ruled out, but surely Kang is an ideal candidate?

Definitely qualifies for 'through the ages' and would give those who missed him the first time round a second chance.

I think somebody did already mention Kang. I feel like a Kang set would be a terrible idea (no offense). Does a casual Marvel or comic fan even know who Kang is?

My top 3 so far of all of our suggestions have been:

1. Punisher

2. Ghost Rider

3. Spider-Man

As much as I'd like to see another yellow Daredevil or a classic Thor, I'm not sure I want 4 more figures of these two.

Edited by MisterMiracle

My top 3 so far of all of our suggestions have been:

1. Punisher

2. Ghost Rider

3. Spider-Man

As much as I'd like to see another yellow Daredevil or a classic Thor, I'm not sure I want 4 more figures of these two.

Same here. Give me a 4-pack with Yellow Daredevil and his backpack, a decent Matt Murdock 'mate, and a couple villains (Owl, Lady Bullseye) and I'm happy.

Yellow Daredevil, White Elektra, Purple Man, and then I'd take a regular Bullseye, but I'm not sure if I would rather have the mask tampoed on his head, or a mask similar to the originals, probably the later. He should also come with accessories like Longshot came with, him throwing something...

I don't know...a lot of these guys just seem way too obscure for this kind of box set.

To give you an idea...I recently taught a Spanish lesson on colors where I combined the Royal Rumble (30 entrants, 1 every 90 seconds) and students had to write down what colors the heroes/villains were wearing. Out of my 92 students, the vast majority did not know who guys like Magneto and Daredevil were who I thought were solid B level stars. 1 kid knew who Moon Knight and Iron Fist were.

• 2 weeks later...

Magik through the ages. Re-release the new mutants version, Darkchilde, Phoenix Five, Marvel Now version

Cyclops through the ages. X-factor blue and white, 90s with bomber jacket, post apocalypse eve of destruction costume, and Marvel Now.

As a guy that loves some villains, i'd be thrilled to see a Kang set like some have suggested.

My perfect set would be Kang redux (with an unmasked head perhaps?), Immortus, Rama-Tut and Scarlet Centurion. I'd buy it!

I have zero interest in Iron Lad or any of the YA. I've got enough Avengers lineups I'm trying to complete and don't need another. Though I do think they'd make a nice box set on their own.