UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

Wow! I liked the Abomination! Better than this Hulk we're getting. By the way, we've never had a Hulk wave, have we? A new Leader and Abomination would make a nice wave based on Peter David's long run...

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading Marvel Comics since the late 1980s and I have never read a comic with the Enchantress in it until a recent issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard.

You've gotta read the classic, early issues of the Avengers with Enchantress and Executioner teaming up with the Masters of Evil!

That's quite a flair.

p2KPMQF.gif

Yeah, Enchantress could always come in another Thor wave. Lord knows we could always get another one (Along with an updated Sif and Hela and some other fun characters, hopefully when Ragnarok comes out)

I'll leave my rant about females being under-represented in comics and action figures in general for another time and merely agree with you that both Hela & Enchantress are VERY much on my list of minimate wants.

Throw in a comic Warriors 3, Thor Variant and a Ragnarok with alternate, busted metal face - and you've got a stellar Thor Wave to follow up on the Hulk wave mentioned earlier.

Minimate_zpsviag2ldq.jpg

My Iron Man/Apocalypse set with random purple piece. I think it might be part of a parts sprue that got lumped in with the parts in the packaging process. I opened it and it doesn't look like a part to anything, just a random hunk of plastic.

I got the FalCap/RedSlaught set as well and my FalCap had some stuck parts. The wristbands he comes wearing were near impossible to remove. Stuck paint. And his mask was stuck too as was Iron Man's. But I managed to get them both loose without resorting to freezing/boiling/black magic.

Overall I'm really impressed with these. FalCap is very cool looking though the lack of a Redwing is noticable. Not sure if Redwing is part of the new FalCap's story or not but his absence is felt. The rest of the parts though are great. I love the harness for the shield and the wings are very cool in this metallic color.

Apocalypse, while being just a simple 'mate is fantastic. I don't own the first one and now I don't have to track him down. I like this darker color scheme as it fits in with my mostly Marvel movie collection.

Red Onslaught is just a cool looking figure. I swapped out the Red Skull parts with a random body for now and Onslaught on his own is just big silly comic book fun. The Red Skull is a great "casual" Skull and will blend in nicely with Zola and the other comic Cap villains I have.

Iron Man is what drew me to this wave. I love all the various Iron Man armors and this one hit just the right notes for me. Silly grin. Unique color scheme. Great details. I'd like to get a second to paint the faceplate gold and use as a IM3 style Starboost Armor.

I'm really happy with these and they fill some great slots in my small Marvel comic collection.

I've been reading Marvel Comics since the late 1980s and I have never read a comic with the Enchantress in it until a recent issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard. (I have not read all of Axis.) Do I want a Minimate of her? Sure. It's why I asked Uriel to design one for a video I wanted to do on how to design a Minimate. The video didn't come out so great, unfortunately. But given that her classic design is largely unchanged, she can get made any time.

Not sure black Magneto is any more crucial than white Magneto, but again, both can get made at another time. Kluh was unique to this story line, so this was the only place to make him. Makes sense to me. I'm sure there will be more Magnetos.

Just to be clear, I don't want to be misunderstood, I like the Kluh 'mate, it's not who I would have picked but I think it turned out very well, so I don't mind getting him. I was just making a case for Enchantress because she was a part of the story and is also a 50 year character.

And just to throw it out there, she was a part of the villain team in Secret Wars, along with the Wrecking Crew. And the Secret Wars was on DST's radar at one point, we got a few 'mates based on the story. I think there is plenty left to revisit one day if there was an interest. It's certainly one of the most famous series of all time.

It was a highly promoted series, to be sure, making its name famous enough to make a comeback twice. And famous things happened in it, like Spider-Man Man's costume, but I don't know if the story itself is so beloved. Anyway, I doubt we'd return to that particular story, but I'm sure there are a dozen more ways to get Enchantress.

I've seen multiple people say that loves ironmans cheesy smile. I hate it, I swapped it with a Tony head. Also why are his eyes pure blue? Is that a side effect of the liquid suit or something?

Extremis 3.0 is the reason for the blue eyes. The suit is a lobotomised symbiote (plus some mechanical parts). You really need to read the main story and a few tie-ins to appreciate the costumes.

Edited by Kostisfire

I too have run into the same issues with the Sabretooth belt piece. Note the gap.

kLcFOQTm.jpg

Sadly, the biggest bummer for me was what happened during the removal of Hobgoblin's alt chest block: part of the orange tampo stayed on that stinking tape. I had a difficult time getting my phone to focus on these, sorry about that.

Js9TXi0m.jpg

8QnuNaKm.jpg

I picked up the Hobgobin and Carnage packs and absolutely love both of them, I also picked up Apoc/Iron Man because I didn't think I'd have a better chance to get Apocolypse.

Initially I was not excited for Iron Man at all (especially since the only pack they had, the eyes on the helmet were too far left) but now that I have him in hand, he might be my favorite of the four I got.

Still not convinced on the other two sets, I might pick up FalCap and Red Onslaught. If anything it'll be for the Red Skull. Anyway, great job DST!