UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien Minimates 35th Anniversary Box Set

Wow - Nice set. I am a *little* concerned about the hair (as others have mentioned) - but overall this set looks great.

I know another set is unlikely, but a follow up with Ash, Ripley Variant, Dallas & Lambert would be SWEET. Although, it might be hard to sell an Alien set without an Alien. If it were accessoriesed with a baby alien (and severed Ash head & rolled up magazine), maybe that'd be enough?

In any event - this set is sweet. I WILL be pre-ordering this one.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative.

g4c5cbea9.jpg

Sadly, I don't have any high res. shots for us to, uh, examine.

Well now we know AND these pics are on page 2 as well. It's a win-win.

So you're sayin' we could possibly see a pony-tail and a camel's-toe? Well that alone, is worthy of a second set. Seriously though, Ashe, Dallas, Brett, and Lambert. That subtle skull tampo is a really nice touch, BTW.

Edited by cdubya

In my mind's eye I saw the jump-suits worn in the two movies 'Ghostbusters' & 'Alien' as being similar in many respects ,in reality I might be wrong . I've briefly researched this online this morning & I might be wrong but from what I'm seeing my mind's eye isn't too far off reality . I chose two pictures from my less than comprehensive search ............

post-638-0-16255900-1403159895_thumb.jpg post-638-0-75175500-1403160012_thumb.gif

Make your own minds up .....I have my opinion you have yours ,my opinion remains with my mind's eye .

Design-wise the first Aliens box set starts off where [for obvious example] the last Ghostbusters box set ( I love this town,ILTT ) finished ......now I'm OK with that. I'll spell that out because I am apparently less than straightforward at times........the ILTT 'mates had tampoed 'tops' whilst every other set (there were many) had separately moulded jackets .

The tampoed look with the Alien set is OK by me , no moans ,they're just fine .......

.............. however I am getting confused .

So, what you're saying is that we take a couple ILtT Ghostbusters and add a Wolverine jacket from the SDCC set and.... ;)

I agree, they are similar. We need a Space Suit, though.

Cdubya, the alien skull is not a tampo, it will be a clear dome over a painted skull. Photo is a composite, since we don't have the translucent piece yet.

I'm sure if the Ghostbusters hadn't had the giant backpacks to figure out, they would have been tampo'd from the start. But I guess they didn't think they could do the backpack as its own piece, in the beginning. I'm sure they had a reason at the time.

Edited by DSTZach

Cdubya, the alien skull is not a tampo, it will be a clear dome over a painted skull. Photo is a composite, since we don't have the translucent piece yet.

Love it! Clapping%20Hands.gif I really wasn't expecting that level of detail. Can't wait to get these in my hands.

Love it! Clapping%20Hands.gif I really wasn't expecting that level of detail. Can't wait to get these in my hands.

That's awesome! I thought the tampo looked great, but I'm sure clear dome on skull will be even better.

It definitely felt to me like the bulky, original Ghostbusters were done out of necessity for the reason Zach points out. It wasn't until much later, with the Real Ghostbusters Janine, that we saw the new stand-alone proton pack. If not for the proton packs I figure we wouldn't have had the bulky Ghostbuster jackets. Maybe in part a cost saving move, but I wouldn't want Weaver with a bulky jacket (because it would detract from her female-ness), and the primary looks in the film for Kane and Parker were the white outfits we're getting. The ones where a bulky jacket could make more sense would be Brett and Dallas (again excluding Lambert because she's a female), but I would probably prefer to just get tampos on all of those personally.

That's awesome! I thought the tampo looked great, but I'm sure clear dome on skull will be even better.

thud.gif

I wouldn't want Weaver with a bulky jacket (because it would detract from her female-ness), and the primary looks in the film for Kane and Parker were the white outfits we're getting. The ones where a bulky jacket could make more sense would be Brett and Dallas (again excluding Lambert because she's a female).

Yeah, I think Dallas and Brett could use jackets (even better if they include extra arms to make them jacket-less). This way, anyone wanting to put jackets on the other crew members could do so by purchasing another set and swapping parts. More sales and everyone happy.

When you say clear, do you mean completely transparent or will it be tinted?

Should make for a really nice effect. Can't wait to see it in person.

Edited by elmeaux

• 3 months later...