UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man Movie

youbastards

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ant Man costume looks alright. I highly doubt Nathan Fillion get's the role.According to that

video there's an acclaim for him. But the thing I'm wondering about the movie if it's going to be either Scott Lang or Hank Pym.

As for Doctor Strange I'm excited because the Sorcerer Supreme is one of my favorite Marvel Characters. Sad to say the guy doesn't even have his own Marvel NOW! title.

Is Planet Hulk Phase 3 as well?

Well I'm behind on my Marvel Movie-verse News

Whedon debunked the Planet Hulk movie talk.

George Lucas debunked Episode 7 ever happening, so.......

I respect Whedon enough to take him at his word, but he doesn't own the characters and he's bound by what Marvel wants him to say. Marvel might actually have a different direction for the Hulk, but Planet Hulk does make a lot of sense, and while it would be expensive, it would blow the doors off some serious merchandising, which Marvel is incredibly fond of.

Maybe the official story will wind up being that they "changed their minds" and decided to go with Planet Hulk? Things change all the time in Hollywood. Or maybe they will go a different direction with Hulk alltogether.

The key is, they can do Planet Hulk any time, they can save it for years down the road or begin with it. But the main consideration is they could largely do it without using Mark Ruffalo, as it's the only storyline that works without him. Anything on Earth, and the fans will expect to see him. Since Ruffalo is only under contract for 6 movies, maybe this will come around after his contract is over? Then maybe they'll pay him for a cameo?

Whedon debunked the Planet Hulk movie talk.

George Lucas debunked Episode 7 ever happening, so.......

I respect Whedon enough to take him at his word, but he doesn't own the characters and he's bound by what Marvel wants him to say. Marvel might actually have a different direction for the Hulk, but Planet Hulk does make a lot of sense, and while it would be expensive, it would blow the doors off some serious merchandising, which Marvel is incredibly fond of.

Maybe the official story will wind up being that they "changed their minds" and decided to go with Planet Hulk? Things change all the time in Hollywood. Or maybe they will go a different direction with Hulk alltogether.

The key is, they can do Planet Hulk any time, they can save it for years down the road or begin with it. But the main consideration is they could largely do it without using Mark Ruffalo, as it's the only storyline that works without him. Anything on Earth, and the fans will expect to see him. Since Ruffalo is only under contract for 6 movies, maybe this will come around after his contract is over? Then maybe they'll pay him for a cameo?

I think the Movie-verse is too young for a Planet Hulk movie. We don't have any part of the Illuminati besides Tony and after The Avengers it made Banner and Stark look like best buds. Although it is a possibility that Marvel could change their minds. Once the fickle little Executives realize that it could be their best movie yet. Like you said they can save or use it immediately.

I think, if you're going to do a Hulk movie, Planet Hulk is the way to go. The other two Hulk movies were relative failures of similar scope, so why not take the character in a new direction? And it's not like you need the Illuminati to make the story work; just have Stark and Shield decide that the Hulk's too dangerous to leave on Earth. Or you can veer from Marvel U continuity entirely and have the Hulk lost in space after fighting Thanos in Avengers 2.

Didn't get to watch Ant-Man before the trailer was pulled, but I hope it's good. I'd love to see a Dr. Strange movie also. Who are they talking about casting?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know exactly where to post this as didn't want to spread it across alot of posts.

Anyway here is a bunch of concept art and behind the scenes stuff for the next group of Marvel Movies.

Standout for me is the concept art for Falcon in the next Cap Movie.

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-2-falcon-winter-soldier-costumes/

Looks like it, but there's no telling how early that concept art is. Could be it got turned into Igor by the time the film comes about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I read elsewhere he was expected to be Scott Lang? In any case, he's an interesting choice. I like him. He doesn't strike me as Ant Man, and I'm curious about his action acting skills in general, but they could've done a heck of a lot worse *cough*RyanReynolds*cough*

I trust the creators involved, but while I like Rudd, I've never liked any movie in which he was the lead. Hopefully this changes that trend.

I also trust Marvel Studios, and for that reason, I will assume it's not a bad decision until they prove otherwise. Pretty much the opposite of my feelings toward WB/DC right now.

I like him as the choice for Ant-Man. He's definitely not the superhero type, which I think is a good way to go with Hank Pym.

Yeah, he's a scientist first in the comics (or at least, the old ones I read). That's something I'm curious to see Rudd attempt. Of course, the Avengers is already very top-heavy with scientist types in Banner and Stark, so he'll have to distinguish himself somehow. Edited by karamazov80

I trust the creators involved, but while I like Rudd, I've never liked any movie in which he was the lead.

I can't think of many, but I thought he was great in This Is 40, and good in Our Idiot Brother. I think he's a good fit for a Wright movie, and can see him being a fun addition to the Avengers ensemble.

Edited by battlecat

• 4 weeks later...

Wright has been pretty forthcoming in saying that this film is based around Scott Lang's origin and hes even referred to the Avengers EMH episode "To Steal an Antman" which is about Scott stealing the Antman suit in order to pull off a heist for his old employer who has kidnapped his daughter