UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel VILLAIN still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 3 - Pick ONE

youbastards

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stryfe.

He was x-tremely important in the 90's, and probably more well known to anyone reading comics in the 90's due to his high visibility.

I like a lot of the characters listed in this thread, but I feel Stryfe is a bigger threat to the Marvel Universe in his time than most of the others. What do I mean? Stryfe *led* the stories he was in, he was the main focus and the driving force behind the overall plot.

Stryfe was never a second-banana. Virtually everyone else listed in this thread has frequently been a second-banana.

Definitely agree with what a lot of people are saying and I think Enchantress has be an important villain to the Marvel Universe. Most people know who she is and she's been around for many years. Other than her I'd definitely throw in the Brotherhood of Mutants having Toad, Pyro, Blob and Avalanche in the set.

Toad: Founding Brotherhood member, been around ever since. And that infernal poster just taunts us.

Pyro: in EVERY form of X-Men multimedia, yet still no 'mate.

Enchantress: Long standing Thor villain, huge part of Secret Wars

Blackheart: Been a thorn in the side of practically every hero.

Winter Soldier: a bit of a gray area I know, but in terms of his place in the overall Marvel universe I think he's definitely a big missing piece.

Tiger Shark: Not as big a deal as the others on my list, but I always think it's weird when we have a hero and don't have his archenemy.

The Void: I'm not a huge fan of the character, but we have two 'mates of the Sentry and not one of the Void? The Void is always a constant threat when the Sentry is around.

Now that I think of it, a lot of lower tier groups I can't see getting made. I'm talking about groups like the Marauders, Morlocks and Reavers. I can't see DST just doing one or two then not finishing off the rest, but the groups are too large yet minor to put the full effort into producing.

Morlocks probably have a better chance since there's not really a definitive number, DST can get away with releasing one or two here and there. Marauders and Reavers are just too large and I can't see DST ever producing box sets for groups that low on the totem pole. MLF fits in that category too.

Marauders maybe, if they did an Inferno themed box set or wave possibly. I wouldn't even worry about the Morlocks at this point considering the sheer number of major Brotherhood members we still don't have, we still doesn't make sense to me. They're always in X-Men cartoons, movies and games, yet they get little to no representation. When we finally got Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch it was as an Avengers set, not Brotherhood. Puzzling.

If "most important" means "most significant to the MU" then I think I'd have to go with Baron Strucker, though I think there's a good case to be made for Enchantress too. This would be a great question for a poll (an actual one vote poll) after enough responses to get an idea of the field.

If "most important" means "most significant to the MU" then I think I'd have to go with Baron Strucker,

No arguement. By the given criteria he's top of the list. But he's not alone.

1. Baron Srucker
  2. the Wizard (last member of the Acts of Vengence prime movers not minimated)
  3. Bastion (most significant villian to face the X-Worold in the last decade)
  4. Enchantress
  5. Stryfe (like him or hate him, he got a crossover centered around him and started the Legacy Virus, a plot that prety much dominated everything X for a decade)
  6. the Hood (not understanding Bendis' facination with guy, or how he kept his group together after Dormammu abandoned him, but he was a major player for about 5 years there)
  7. Count Neferia (before Bendis made him a jobber for the Sentry, was condsidered a major all hands on deck Avengers threat)
  8. Surtur (ultimate Asgardian threat, would be higher, but isn't used more)
  9. Pluto (Olympian death god, general pain in backside)
  10. Hela ((Asgardian death god, also general in the backside)

Could keep going, but I'll stop at ten. And I left off guys like the Supreme Intelligence, cause really, he's more an inaction figure. As far as the Wrecking Crew, the Brotherhood, the Beetle, Tiger Shark and a lot of the other suggestions, again great hench villains, but not the kind of guys you plan a major arc or event around their plots. You wanna talk which hench villains deserve a minimate... well I don't think the site has enough bandwidth for my answer. thumbsup.gif

Great idea for a thread and so many villains mentioned on here I'd love to see. I'm actually a bit surprised there's not been a bit more spidey attention for characters like the prowler, the beetle or the jackal. However, for the overall marvel universe it's very hard to choose a top one but I think Enchantress fits the bill best for me, for all the reasons that many people have already stated.

As for never get made, I see it as a tie between immortus and rama tut. Let's face it, getting kang was hard enough, so to get him in his lesser known incarnations is definitely unlikely!

So - yeah... Toad.

Figure we'll never see... I'm not sure if we'll never see her, but i am worried that Destiny will be left out of whatever Brotherhood set/wave/2-pack gets green-lit in the future.

Let's face it - Blind, 60 year old women don't always get a lot of exposure in the action figure market.

Edited by Nessex

So, I've always been curious... do you guys that support Toad REALLY like Toad, or does his name just come up so much because he was on that old poster? I mean, out of the X-villains still needed, I'd say he's far behind the Blob and the rest of the second Brotherhood, not to mention Sebastian Shaw and the rest of the Hellfire Club. And before you say he's needed to fill out the original Brotherhood... why doesn't anyone ever mention Mastermind? He was in the original Brotherhood AND was responsible for Dark Phoenix. I'm not saying that I have anything against Toad, or that I don't want him, but I don't really see him as a big hole.

Oh, I'd also rather have Arcade. And Black Tom Cassidy (though him I did customize).

I don't know if 'like' is the right word.

I want him more for nostalgia or completionisms sake. He has been a constant part of X-lore since 1963. There has been a representation of him in all 3 X-Men animated series, a major motion picture and is a playable character in at least 4 video games.

While i agree that Mastermind is an important part of X-Men history, he isn't featured as heavily in outside media.

On another note - Mastermind just isn't as Toyetic as Toad.

mastermind_jason-wyngarde_pictureboxart_bwen77024f.jpg

Depressed looking guy in brown suit who smoked a bit vs crazy, leaping man in Purple/Green & Orange jester costume?

I'd also say the Enchantress, as she's challenged both Thor individually and the Avengers as a group, and has popped up in several other Marvel books over the years. Looking at the modern Marvel Universe, I'm still surprised that we never did get the Hood, since he was such a big part of the MU for awhile there, and wouldn't require any new pieces. But the time for him has probably passed.

As for whom we'll never see, I'm afraid that a lot of the cool, colorful old villains are unlikely. Guys like the Living Laser, Grey Gargoyle, Constrictor... I just don't think they are very likely. Thanks for bringing me down, YB.sad.png

Doesn't Mokk in the Fear itself box set count as a Grey Gargoyle?

I'd say the Enchantress and the Executioner.

I don't know if 'like' is the right word.

I want him more for nostalgia or completionisms sake. He has been a constant part of X-lore since 1963. There has been a representation of him in all 3 X-Men animated series, a major motion picture and is a playable character in at least 4 video games.

While i agree that Mastermind is an important part of X-Men history, he isn't featured as heavily in outside media.

On another note - Mastermind just isn't as Toyetic as Toad.

mastermind_jason-wyngarde_pictureboxart_bwen77024f.jpg

Depressed looking guy in brown suit who smoked a bit vs crazy, leaping man in Purple/Green & Orange jester costume?

This is pretty much exactly my answer too. As far as X-Men villains go, I think of him as henchman numero uno. Blob is a close second. Mastermind would be great in a Phoenix saga wave... trying not to wishlist.