UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who is the single most important Marvel VILLAIN still waiting for a Minimate? POLL ADDED - Round 3 - Pick ONE

youbastards

Toad will end up being a TRU EX that no one can find. Packaged with Hulkbuster Toad.

Or Toadbuster Hulk.

I am still surprised that X-fans consider Toad more relevant then the Blob....

I honestly think it's that poster. He's taunting us from years ago, he was obviously on their radar but fell off.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After rereading the comments about Stryfe, I am surprised we haven't seen him, especially since we've had I think 3 different Cables? I was never a huge fan of his before, but it is hard to argue with what a presence he had for so long in the comics.

Man, Enchantress is doing pretty well! I never used this video in the Minimates exhibit, because the footage came out terrible, but check this out:

Love the credit roll! I would love to see some more videos like this on the DST site. Can you elaborate, was Enchantress a possible choice for Wave 42/TRU 12, or was this just a one-off drawing Uriel made for the video?

Edited by youbastards

I voted for Blackheart, the ones I really was pulling for didn't make the final list, of every choice I want Winter Soldier the most, but between Captain America 2 and the fact he has his own book, I figure he's GOT to turn up at some point.

Given Uriel's artistic genius, I must assume this video is a slow motion edit of his drawing skills. In reality, Uriel's hands move so fast a regular person cannot see them. Minimate goodness simply pours forth from his hand colored blur.

If you play the video backwards, you can hear Chuck chant, "One Spider-Man. One Spider-Man. One Spider-Man to rule them all!"

Looking at the villains that made it to this final-round, I can definitely tell they're all high-profile characters, I feel like sometimes the loss of the B listers loses a lot of personality though. Some of the bizarre villains that have turned up over the years haven't had nearly the impact that these guys have, but I feel like I get more excited when DST pulls a character that none of us saw coming out of their hat. Maybe now that the Barons Zemo are coming, we'll see a few more Masters of Evil.

I agree, Valo. The problem is that those characters simply don't have universal appeal. I love that DST made Spymaster, personally, but I know that he's not widely regarded as a favorite figure by a lot of people. I was just looking at a thread over at the Fwoosh about which characters could be eliminated from the DC Universe Classics line, and some of the names were among my favorites, like Kamandi and... well, really just Kamandi. For every one that's somebody's personal favorite, there's someone else to complain bitterly about "why they made [fill in the blank]. But I really do hope that DST continues to mine the more colorful and unique areas of the Marvel U.

Edited by hellpop

I think X-Fans got a little overwhelmed with the amount of recognisable villains that were still not made. If Toad were the only X-Villain up there, he might have been a little closer to Enchantress, but i think some of his votes were cannibalised by Stryfe, Pyro, etc...