UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013 Minimate News

I just noticed that the Fury Jr. Minimates comes with an alternate head so we can finally get a Commander Rogers!

And the Rogers hands include a shield peg, so hopefully a holoshield will be included as well. Hopefully.

Zach seems to have confirmed it in the Wave 51 thread: thumbsup.gif

Zach, any chance the one of the Commander Rogers parts included with Nick Fury Jr. will be his "hard-light" shield instead of the standard shield?

thanks!

sorcerer.gif

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that is kind of lame. I know Captains are heavy hitters and all, but 2 Siskos and Picards being released simultaneously, when both already had a previous release? Too bad. I would love to get Data, Worf, Riker, Quark, and a number of others.

I can't believe that anyone would seriously think anyone from Enterprise or Voyager are more "heavy hitters" then the Next Gen crew.

I'm glad that TRU Series 16 is full of heavy hitters, they should sell well with casual collectors/mom's & dad's. Also, I don't have to worry about not finding them since I can live without them.

I don't think this year will be a good year for B & C-listers with Marvel NOW and three movies to support.

So who's going to be the rebel and take pics of the Aliens minimates? Every year there are "no picture" minimates and they always leak.

When Zach said he didn't have much more to tell at TF, he wasn't kidding. Still the new Avenger figures in 16 look sweet. Can't get over how sweet the Iron Man looks. Yes, Wolverine's legs do look shorter, and it looks like the test shot got a new and old style set of claws (just wish they'd go back to including a matching set of normal hands, but that's a rant for a different day.)

When DST said "expect pics to start popping up today" i didn't think we'd see only a box set.It's another thing not bringing stuff at toyfair and bringing them but not displaying them.Maybe they are keeping them for the last day.

Overall,i'm pretty underhelmed.While what we saw was nice,we had already seen it.Very little new stuff and the big surprises of the show that got announced before it even started are nowhere to be found.

Edited by Kostisfire

Toyark has a nice clear shot of the ghostbusters minimates picture. Non-bulked up bodies and marshmellow hair pieces.

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/diamond-select-toys-ghostbusters-from-toy-fair-2013-7297/

Awesome. Very excited to see this line return! Edited by UK Collector

I am surprised we aren't seeing any animals with the Tomb Raider line. The only game I every played with Lara had her fighting in rote locations against tigers, monkeys, gators maybe and more. I was hoping we would see a bear (Kuma recolored), a tiger or lion (could be used for Zabu), a gorilla maybe (Grood sculpt). Maybe in a follow up set.

ITs more a reboot than a prequel I think, and its rather devoid of animals

It's both, in a way. You can still count it as the beginning of her adventures, it doesn't tie in. But it doesn't not tie in. Kinda like Hulk is not the prequel to the Incredible Hulk, nor is it not.

Also, Luke, love those.