UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want a Disney Fairies spin off. Though really, does that surprise anyone?

my fiancee made me watch all four of those movies on Netflix, and this would actually make too much sense as a follow up if the secret license is Peter Pan.

They’re color coded and all the same size and shape (well except characters like Bobble, Clank, and Fairy Mary... but I’ve never seen merch for them anyway) so they’d lend themselves really well to block figures. And Tinkerbelle changes outfits every few scenes anyway so she can anchor every box set with a variant.

s**t, even if Peter Pan’s not the license this would make too much sense... go make me a Vidia minimate, DST, chop chop!

You know what would be an awesome licence? Rangers.Power Rangers.Technically they are space warriors so could they pass as astronauts.Zach hasn't defined the use of the word "astronauts"Is it an astronaut licence like max with real classic astronauts or in the sense of sci fi?

Please don't let it be that.

Fairies or power rangers?

The fairies are being talked about the 2 box sets and 1 vehicle licence.I'm talking about the power rangers as the astronaut licence.Unlikely to happen i know but a man can dream.

Edited by Kostisfire

Power Rangers. Solely because they are what killed the popularity of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And if they get the minimate treatment before TMNT- another kick to the groin.

You're right though. Odds are we'll never get either. I'm glad we're getting a 2nd wave to the TMNT classics line. Hoping to see some prototype pics comes February's Toy Fair.

Power Rangers. Solely because they are what killed the popularity of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And if they get the minimate treatment before TMNT- another kick to the groin.

You're right though. Odds are we'll never get either. I'm glad we're getting a 2nd wave to the TMNT classics line. Hoping to see some prototype pics comes February's Toy Fair.

Power rangers (mighty morphing version) was one of the shows i watched as a kid so they have the nostalgia factor going for them (for me at least.And they are guys and gals in awesome robotic/ninja suits! What's not to love?

Power rangers (mighty morphing version) was one of the shows i watched as a kid so they have the nostalgia factor going for them (for me at least.And they are guys and gals in awesome robotic/ninja suits! What's not to love?

The problem was it had been done before and better- Voltron, Battle of the Planets, etc. TMNT although a knock off of Daredevil was an original idea....not to mention a merchandising juggernaut that still rakes in the cash to this day thanks to the wildly popular show on Nickelodeon. The costumes (mighty morphin) look like a bobsled team.

Edited by Jeff

It's actually more concrete than that, both Eastman and Laird have cited Frank Miller's Daredevil run as the main inspiration for TMNT, and the even the origin of the boy holding the bowl full of turtles was implied to be the same accident that caused Matt Murdock's blindness.

EDIT: Whoops, Boyd beat me to the reply. :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

I spent 5 minutes writting a post about power rangers and dr who but the page froze so i'll give you the summary of my response:

Power rangers are guys and glas in flashy colours whith cool weapons.They would probably sell toys.They aren't anything groundbreaking but they are a classic.My bet on the "astronaut" line is aliens.Theyfit the space theme,they don't have any new movies coming out,,the licence has dried up so it won't be expensive to licence and it offers army building.Though the one i'd like to see is doctor who.While i've given up hope on dc (and even more on star wars based on chuck's responses) dr who is one line i have a little bit of faith left.The current dr who collectibles pretty much suck.The 6 inch figures?Have limited articulation and don't really resemble the cast.The titan figures?Meh to bad (the daleks and tardis are the only good figures).The character building sets? The figures look like a lego/megabloks amalgmation and the bricks are even worse than megabloks.They haven't announced many sets either.The only good "toys" are the 1/6 figures from big chief.

Dr.Who would be beneficial for both parties.DST would get to branch out in the UK (and maybe other countries?dr who is pretty big in europe,hell,even my parents tune in to watch it every sunday and saturday) and the doctor would get some decent collectibles.You could argue that cb is a uk brand and is a plus for them but i don't see them flying of the selves.I once saw a tardis (a 50 dollars boxset) for 13 bucks on clearance.It could offer tons and tons of characters and could go on for as long as or longer than marvel or the walking dead.Seriously,if dst got the rights it would have the hottest phenomenon (the walking dead),one of the biggest comic companies (marvel) and one of the most beloved and famous tv series of all time (dr who).That is the recipe for success.If i were dst i would try to get my hands on this licence.I don't know how things on companies work but i would try to persuade them to give me another turn at this.Anyway,just my 2 euro cents.

Edited by Kostisfire

It's actually more concrete than that, both Eastman and Laird have cited Frank Miller's Daredevil run as the main inspiration for TMNT, and the even the origin of the boy holding the bowl full of turtles was implied to be the same accident that caused Matt Murdock's blindness.

EDIT: Whoops, Boyd beat me to the reply. :thumbsup:

and dont forget TMNT baddies the foot clan are a spoof of The Hand ninjas from DD

I don't know if implied is the right word... It's pretty clear the same accident created them both. So yeah, the mysterious ooze that brought about the Turtles happens to be the stuff in the canister that struck Daredevil blind. It's just a fun little trivia piece that, until the team-up happens, doesn't mean much.

But if that team-up happens... Oh man how awesome would it be for Daredevil to find out that his accident had consequences even he couldn't imagine? That... that would be cool.

Mind. Blown.

Power rangers are guys and glas in flashy colours whith cool weapons.They would probably sell toys.

When Power Rangers were owned by Disney, I'd say the given DST's current partnership, it might have been more likely. However now that Saban has the property back, I'm not sure if they'd bother with any toys outside of what Bandai produces. They would make some pretty easy Minimates, though. I've never been a fan myself but I might pick up a set or two on clearance.

I just want a Disney Fairies spin off. Though really, does that surprise anyone?

my fiancee made me watch all four of those movies on Netflix, and this would actually make too much sense as a follow up if the secret license is Peter Pan.

They’re color coded and all the same size and shape (well except characters like Bobble, Clank, and Fairy Mary... but I’ve never seen merch for them anyway) so they’d lend themselves really well to block figures. And Tinkerbelle changes outfits every few scenes anyway so she can anchor every box set with a variant.

s**t, even if Peter Pan’s not the license this would make too much sense... go make me a Vidia minimate, DST, chop chop!

Exactly! My sister just made me watch them as well (why doesn't Netflix have Great fairy Games?) and at first I was like "Meh" but by the time we cot to the 5th one with the Wings, I was seeing costume variations and box sets with Fairies and I was like. Even if the movies fell short of "good" story telling (the best one is only barely as good as Friendship is Magic) they're not at all terrible. Now I really hope it IS Peter Pan because I want these so bad!" And think about it. It'd open up a whole new level for girls merch that DST hasn't tackled.

I don't know if implied is the right word... It's pretty clear the same accident created them both. So yeah, the mysterious ooze that brought about the Turtles happens to be the stuff in the canister that struck Daredevil blind. It's just a fun little trivia piece that, until the team-up happens, doesn't mean much.

But if that team-up happens... Oh man how awesome would it be for Daredevil to find out that his accident had consequences even he couldn't imagine? That... that would be cool.

The team-up issue is scheduled for 2017 after Disney buys Nickelodeon. :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

This is purely specualtion but i figured that it would be worth throwing in here.So while the multiverse was down and i was preparing for the 10th's preorder i sent BBC a letter asking for doctor who minimates.I selected the "i want a response" option expecting a "thank you for your interest but we have no plans blah,blah,blah......." but i got a full fledged response this morning.Here's the mail:

Hi Many thanks for your interest in Dr Who.

What channel is Dr Who going out on in Greece - what day of the week and which timeslot. We do have several collectible licensees so I can see what we can do - I had not realized we had a fan base in Greece. I look forward to hearing from you.

It is Dr Who's Fiftieth Anniversary this year so it would be a good time to get more product into your market. Best regards Jackie Ferguson, Senior International Licensing Manager

I responded just now and i'm waiting.So do you think that we could see the time lord pay us a visit?

Edited by Kostisfire

Well,maybe next year. Or the one after that. Or......

Theoretically though,if they said "let's give it another shot" and came to you about it just like that (not any prior talks or anything like that) and said " we want to try this again,can we come in an agreement" could we get a surprise announcement sometime? I know that that kind of stuff are planned a lot earlier but what happens in this or a similar case?