UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

*glomps Matt* Know what you need? Ponies. Everyone needs more MLP in their life.

Huh. Not Peter Pan? And I wanted Tinkerbell too... Hmm... What was the original clue? A WB or Disney movie in what time frame?

You know when you first started talking about that "new" series about magical ponies way be when, I (solely on your advice and against my better judgement) tried to watch that show, I just couldn't get into it, now that is not a judgement on you , the show or any kind of bad remark just my opinion, but thanks TM2 I appreciate the thought!

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, i love MLP. Everyone needs more Rarity in their lives.

Oh heavens, yes. Do you know how many times I quote "I am not whining. I am complaining." when people tell me to stop whining? And then to see their faces? It is beautiful.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

God, i love MLP. Everyone needs more Rarity in their lives.

Oh heavens, yes. Do you know how many times I quote "I am not whining. I am complaining." when people tell me to stop whining? And then to see their faces? It is beautiful.

I rewatched the Crystal Empire episodes the other days, her reaction to the palace reminded me far too much of my own when i see a brilliant new suit or figure. She's the best.

ANYWAY, I'm slightly lost. Is the "Peter Pan Property" the Disney/MGM property or is the astronaut one? Or...both? Just to keep things straight. Because i'd like some Prometheus, while it's still fresh.

Planet of the Apes is great and all, but Tim Burton ruined that property for me. And Kubrick did so, so much with it. So much.

Tim Burton killed it and Rupert Wyatt brought it back. Rise of the Planet of the Apes man. Gotta check it out. One of 2011's biggest surprises.

Okay not Petey Pan huh...

Yaknow what would kick ASS but is never gonna happen? Kaiju. Kaiju minimates

So I think I'm going to revert to my guess being Robin Hood. Warner Bros. 1938, beloved film (At least by me. It's one of my all time favorites.) super colorful, and can be finished adequately in two box sets and a vehicle:

Robin Hood

Little John

Sir Guy

Marian

Will Scarlet

King Richard

Prince John

Friar Tuck

Carriage with Sheriff of Nottingham.

I want you to say no to Peter Pan Zach, Please?

Fine, it's not Peter Pan. :rolleyes:

Just a thought... we seem to be taking Zach's Peter Pan denial at face value. What if he was being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek about it? I know that if someone told me to tell them something that wasn't true, I'd turn on my sarcastic voice and say it to them just because off beat humor can be fun.

Zach's use of this --> :rolleyes: makes me feel like his comment was more playful than serious (or I could just be reading way too much into it, haha)

I would *like* that whatever this is to be able to be used with other existing minimates. That way even if I'm not a big fan of the property, I could still use some of them with stuff that I already have that I like.

But even if it's not something like that, I'm still glad to see more Minimates being made so that they'll continue to catch on.

I want you to say no to Peter Pan Zach, Please?

Fine, it's not Peter Pan. :rolleyes:

Just a thought... we seem to be taking Zach's Peter Pan denial at face value. What if he was being sarcastic/tongue-in-cheek about it? I know that if someone told me to tell them something that wasn't true, I'd turn on my sarcastic voice and say it to them just because off beat humor can be fun.

Zach's use of this --> :rolleyes: makes me feel like his comment was more playful than serious (or I could just be reading way too much into it, haha)

That's exactly how i took Zach's response. Not denying it, just giving Zak what he demanded: "Saying it." I figured the eyeroll confirmed that one.

I'm still not sure i get the "screw Peter Pan i'm done with Minimates forever!" approach.

I'm still not sure i get the "screw Peter Pan i'm done with Minimates forever!" approach.

Is anyone here really prepared to dump the entire brand because of one property they really don't like? I find THAT hard to believe.

Planet of the Apes is still a perfectly viable property. Zach would be a tad hypocritical if he let Burton's utterly disposable "reimagining" ruin the entire franchise for him. That'd be like Peter Pan ruining Minimates. :P

Besides, I've long said that Minimates is the modern-day successor to Mego when it comes to multiple licenses in one format. As a kid I used to enjoy Spider-Man and Batman beaming up to the Enterprise where Kirk and crew would travel to the Planet of the Apes only to find Tarzan hanging out with Cornelius. If I'm going to replay that scenario with Minimates, I'm gonna need POTA 'mates, dammit!

What I don't get is the "Kubrick did so, so much with it." That might be true but I don't collect Kubrick figures and a business would be remiss to pass on something just because another company had done something somewhat similar first. So there.

(And I'm still betting on Peter Pan.)

Didn't DST just acquire the rights to Buck Rodgers also? I don't know if there was a movie though, I think it was just a TV series.

it premiered as a feature film at the movies before it moved to tv, and that would ROCK!!

I don't believe ANYONE here said that, I know I didn't.

Buck rogers would be cool as S#!t in my book,

Thanks MOC

Not directed at anyone in particular, just a hyperbole. :thumbsup:

Is it wrong that i'd prefer that snazzy modern Buck instead? With the black-and-blue glowy suit? :unsure:

I re watched "The Black Hole" last night. While I would prob still buy boxsets or whatever of these looking back again apart from the droids and army building part of the droid soldiers the humans are very bland indeed. Its all plainish jumpsuits on them all except for the human bad guy.

A Ernest Borgnine minimate would be cool though.

Disney movie - check

Older movie - not that old

universally loved - Nope, pretty negative response from what I remember

Oh well, not The Black Cauldron!

Taran, Eilonwy, Gurgi (like Snarf), Hen Wen (also Snarf sized), Doli (tiny figure add on), Fflewddur Fflam (went with more add ons instead of a 4th figure)

Orddu, Orwen, Orgoch, the Creeper (Snarfed), The Black Cauldron accessory

Vehicle - Horned King on a Horse

Disney movie - check

Older movie - not that old

universally loved - Nope, pretty negative response from what I remember

Oh well, not The Black Cauldron!

I never understood why that movie never caught on. My best friend and I used to watch it all the time as kids. There was a period of time in the late 90s in which all of my college friends were convinced I had made the movie up. I felt quite vindicated when it was finally re-released on video.

It was 'too dark' according to 'everyone'. I don't know, I loved it in the theater as a 10 year old who had read the books. Sure, it was a little different, but whatever. The fact that it didn't make it to video until 1998 was crazy. I was hoping for a Chronicles of Prydain movie deal around the time Lord of the Rings hit big, but nothing every came.

As I recall, Disney had wanted to acquire rights to Lord of the Rings but couldn't and settled on The Black Cauldron. The film underwent extensive re-editing prior to release but flopped anyway. I think it was Tim Burton's first work for Disney (as an animator).

How About

post-6350-0-25058900-1357319880_thumb.jp

-->STRANGE BREW<--

Lots to work with

Timeless and world renown

post-6350-0-00616200-1357320178_thumb.jp

Flying Spaceship Van

post-6350-0-89801500-1357319921_thumb.jp

New Astronaut type uniform

post-6350-0-70576100-1357319933_thumb.jp

Nice Bulked up figure

post-6350-0-40910700-1357319890_thumb.jp

Interesting Variants

post-6350-0-43883900-1357319943_thumb.jp

post-6350-0-12601100-1357319964_thumb.jp

Fleshy Headed Mutants

post-6350-0-34874400-1357319952_thumb.jp

Additional Characters

post-6350-0-16266100-1357319983_thumb.jp

post-6350-0-62976200-1357319973_thumb.jp

Other than not being Warner or Disney, and not being prior to the 70's it fits with hints.

HA HA HA HA