UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The speculation thread

Well,maybe next year. Or the one after that. Or......

Theoretically though,if they said "let's give it another shot" and came to you about it just like that (not any prior talks or anything like that) and said " we want to try this again,can we come in an agreement" could we get a surprise announcement sometime? I know that that kind of stuff are planned a lot earlier but what happens in this or a similar case?

Whoever holds the toy license would have to give DST license rights, is what Zach means i assume. We couldn't get them before when DST tried because Underground Toys held the license and didn't want to make them.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach confirmed the astronaut line was NOT Star Trek. I believe he also said they're not your typical astronauts. So I guess The Right Stuff with Mercury capsule is out.

Aww, if we got a Minimate Mercury capsule the smile on my face would be near impossible to remove.

As for the license, I'm still half expecting 20,000 Leagues. It seems to fit the parameters and hasn't been ruled out as far as I can tell.

<Edited for poor grammar.>

Edited by Ivan

Isn't this mystery line supposed to be on sale any day now? I thought I'd read earlier in the thread it would be out in two weeks? I'm too lazy to sift through 22 pages to confirm, so...it's speculation! cool.png

Edited by elmeaux

Maybe it could be like a contest: Zach doesn't reveal them at all and who ever stumbles across them at some retailer get's to do it.

And the prize: the adoration of dozens! Tens? Ok, the adoration of Kostisfire?huh.png

Good thinking, I might just make a stop at the local Disney Store on my way home tonight. I could use some adoration, even if it is just from Kotis. smile.png

<EDITED to add following>

Just saw this line in Ask DST #193:

DST CHUCK: To date, we have never held a direct license with Disney, so not right now but you never know.

It's not in an answer to a Minimates question, but that "To date" clause is something to think about. Maybe I won't try to brave the Disney Store tonight.

Edited by Ivan

Maybe it could be like a contest: Zach doesn't reveal them at all and who ever stumbles across them at some retailer get's to do it.

And the prize: the adoration of dozens! Tens? Ok, the adoration of Kostisfire?huh.png

Good thinking, I might just make a stop at the local Disney Store on my way home tonight. I could use some adoration, even if it is just from Kotis. smile.png

<EDITED to add following>

DST CHUCK: To date, we have never held a direct license with Disney, so not right now but you never know.

It's not in an answer to a Minimates question, but that "To date" clause is something to think about. Maybe I won't try to brave the Disney Store tonight.

This is the same DST Chuck who said Kang wasn't coming months (weeks?) before Kang came out at the Disney Store, right?

"To date" wasn't what caught my attention. The qualifier "direct" did. It's possible that DST/AA could produce Minimates for Disney the same way they did for DC Direct and the way they're doing now for Icon Heroes; as a third-party licensee.