UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives?

Valo487

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a whole lot of stuff on the table, YB. I got 43 two packs in a huge TRU bag from a friend last weekend and my coffee table suffered the entire weekend. Half of them just went into my closet.

If I could do a movie or tv set thing, I would like to say Last Crusade, but since you've done Indy, we don't need that. So how about we go with Spaceballs

4-Pack

Lone Starr

Princess Vespa

Dark Helmet

Yogurt

Con 2-pack

Dot Matrix

President Skroob

Vehicle

Space RV with Barf

And, I'll throw in an added bonus, the con promo give away, Pizza the Hutt

BOOM!

"No sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

Also, Col. Sandurz or GTFO!

Also Dinks. Dinks would be awesome. (Hey! Army builder!) Generic Spaceballs would also make fine army builders.

Also what the hell, lets just scrape the bottom of the barrel to death and say, Vinnie, King Roland, Commanderette Zircon, Prince Valium, Charlene & Marlene... Gunners Mate First Class Phillip Asshole and his Cousin Major Asshole... Safari Helmet Dark Helmet... lol...

Ehem... Moichendising!

EDIT: Oh also the Bear. And possibly the Bearded Lady.

Edited by Gillbob316

1338587311[/url]' post='229450']

"No sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!"

Also, Col. Sanders or GTFO!

Also Dinks. Dinks would be awesome. (Hey! Army builder!) Generic Spaceballs would also make fine army builders.

Also what the hell, lets just scrape the bottom of the barrel to death and say, Vinnie, King Roland, Commanderette Zircon, Prince Valium, Charlene & Marlene... Gunners Mate First Class Phillip Asshole and his Cousin Major Asshole... Safari Helmet Dark Helmet... lol...

Ehem... Moichendising!

I was just trying to stick to YB's guidelines, but yes, all of this would be in, oh I don't know the complimenting LCS and TRU waves?wink.gif

We need more TV mates!

Dexter

4-pack 1:

Dexter (kill gear)

Deb (with trucker-mouth action!)

Angel Batista (florida shirt and hat)

Ice Truck Killer (with mannequin hand)

4-pack 2:

Dexter (miami metro clothes)

Vince Masuka

Rita

Trinity

Con Give-away:

"Dark Defender" Dexter

Vehicle:

Slice of Life boat with bloody kill gear Dexter

Community!

Boxed Set 1:

Jeff Winger (cell phone accessory)

Britta (with BAHgel accessory)

Troy (with Troy and Abed in the Morrring! mug and Annie's Boobs)

Abed (with alternate goatee head, video camera, and batman mask and cape)

Boxed Set 2:

Annie (purple pen and notebook accessory)

Pierce (leg casts and wheel-chair accessory)

Shirley (pie tray accessory)

Chang (charred leg accessory)

Vehicle:

KFC Flight Simulator with flight-suit Troy

Con Give-Away: DEAN! Each day is a different excitDEAN outfit.

Day 1: Normal Clothes Dean

Day 2: Sexy Uncle Sam Dean

Day 3: Satan Dean

Day 4: Shirtless with glow in the dark rave paint

And a two TRU exclusive packs for good measure: Fist Full of Paintballs

Western Annie

Western Jeff

Western Shirley

Western Britta

"Han Solo" Abed

"Luke Skywalker" Troy

"Storm Trooper" Pierce

Pistol Patty Ice Cream Mascot

Edited by Punisher

We need more TV mates!

Dexter

4-pack 1:

Dexter (kill gear)

Deb (with trucker-mouth action!)

Angel Batista (florida shirt and hat)

Ice Truck Killer (with mannequin hand)

4-pack 2:

Dexter (miami metro clothes)

Vince Masuka

Rita

Trinity

Con Give-away:

"Dark Defender" Dexter

Vehicle:

Slice of Life boat with bloody kill gear Dexter

Pontiac Trans-Am Batistamobile

Dexter's dad

DDK

The packaging alone would be to die for. I'd kill for these.

Spaceballs and Community would be awesome!!!

I would love:

Burn Notice

4-pack:

Michael Westin

Sam Ax

Jesse

Fiona

Accessories: more guns than an Ependables box set, all for Fi ;)

Vehicle pack:

Michael's car (don't remember the make) w/ nerdy Michael

Two pack:

Michael's mom

Sam as Chuck Finley

Psych

4-pack:

Detective Lasiter

Shaun Spencer

Juliet O'hara

Officer McNabb

2-pack:

Henry Spencer

Juliet's dad (William Shatner)

Vehicle:

"The Blueberry" with Burton Guster

Yeah, I am a USA Network fan.

Shall we start a wish-list? I love 'em.

Ok, sounds good to me!

Here is the theme:

"Movies or TV Shows"

If you could design a single box set of 4 Minimates around a Movie or TV show, along with a supporting convention exclusive 2-pack and/or Vehicle release, what Movie or TV show you choose and what characters would you pick?

I'll start.

"Raiders of the Lost Ark"

4-Pack:

- Indy

- Marion (white dress)

- Toht

- Belloq "Desert gear"

Convention Exclusive:

- Battle Damaged Indy & Belloq in Ritual costume

Vehicle:

- Nazi Convoy Truck (with Ark of the Covenant) with Nazi Driver

No Marcus or Sallah? :(

yes, the news is delayed until monday at 11am

for an actual guess on the SDCC exclusives:

The 3 2-packs (one which is Battle Beasts) I would have to guess the others are Walking Dead and SF vs Tekken. The lines start after SDCC and it's a good place to get a preview item out and drum up interest.

The 4-pack for the "based on 80s property that has not been 'mated before, Luke has little interest in the new 80s property but some will really like, possibly no human characters in it" I'm guessing....... Thundercats

Why? The Bandai line is dead and there are rumblings someone else picked up the license. It fits the description above. I believe Hachiman, Willa, Nayda and Mandora were the only humans in the show and they weren't major characters.

Thundercats has a wide cast of characters, DST could even sprinkle in modern variants from the new show since DST will want to have "A-listers" around. Also, DST can do more than just minimates with Thundercats, which they have stated in the past is necessary.

So, hey, I like reading through a bunch of completely unrelated stuff to find grains of information about a thread topic as much as the next guy, but all this talk about bananas got me thinking:

What if the first person in on a given day started a "Today's Thread," on which people could just go to shoot the shit. Kind of like a chat room you don't have to stay logged into. Next day, new thread. That way, we can preserve the spontaneity and bonhomie of our little jam sessions, and if someone isn't into the soup of the day, he or she can go to the thread about what he or she is into and, you know, find out about that thing.

:thumbsup:

Oh, i don't think it's really about enforcement. There would inevitably be information exchanged about con exclusives or new waves or what have you in the Thread of the Day, which is fine. I'm just thinking about how someone who isn't on the board all day, then comes on at 5 o'clock, clicks into the SDCC Exclusive thread, and has to wade through 12 pages of bananarama to find out nothing was announced today.

There seems to be a demand (and rightly so!) for a place to hang out and riff with like-minded people, sometimes on-topic, sometimes not. Like the chatroom, which I would be in all day if I didn't have to work. This is just a concept for a "soft" chatroom, I guess. Kind of like the old RTM buzz board, where it was just one long, fun stream of consciousness conversation you could jump into or out of at any time.

Going off the rails on a crazy train! :teehee:

If anyone is interested in moving the conversation, i took the liberty (and will take full responsibility for it if goes horribly, horribly wrong) in creating one of the those threads spoken about:

"Shooting the breeze..."

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11099&pid=229501&st=0entry229501

Credit to Lobster and Geo for the idea.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face