UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3

youbastards

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly feeling less comfortable with the "no rings" Mandarin idea after the Eggman comment I will now have stuck in my head everytime I see movie Mandi. Thanks, Trek.

And we might get one. There are still a few mates they can't reveal. Lego, apparently, cares not. The broke the look of the Chituari too when it was still technically forbiden.

Apparently, if you want to keep something a secret, don't give Lego the liscence.

And we might get one. There are still a few mates they can't reveal. Lego, apparently, cares not. The broke the look of the Chituari too when it was still technically forbiden.

Apparently, if you want to keep something a secret, don't give Lego the liscence.

Oh indeed my good man, and fairly sure we will. I did quite enjoy Extremis at the time, and he doesn't look bad considering (A) its a 'cute' Lego version and (B ) I can basically only see his head. Edited by dj87

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna play hard on the idea of his being the modern successor to Ghengis Khan I see.

No matter how cool this turns out, if the rings really turn out to be completely ornimental, I wll be disappointed. Hopefully just disappointed and not Doom in the FF films horrified, but disappointed none the less.

My guess is the rings will be ornamental but still relics, that MAY possess some sort of element that is then used to power a suit that the Mandarin uses later on. Im hoping he gets some sort of cool gloves (with ring slots) and nothing else with some sort of line to explain it like "I like to work with my hands"

PS(also I remember that there has always been talk of having Fin Fang Foom in the IM cinematic universe, and I think Shane Black is the kinda guy to make it happen)

PS PS Doctor Strange HAS been confirmed to be part of phase 3 so Mandarin COULD have magic rings which then prompts Tony to research magic which leads to him meeting Stephen

Edited by undeadpool

Might as well have Foom. This is the last IM solo film RDJ is signed on for. Unless he's quietly agreed to do more, go out and go out HUGE!!

And at this point, you've already established aliens, pseudo-magical tech, and outright magic as part of this universe. Yet the Mandarin's rings are too far fetched. Sorry, my friend, that ship has sailed.

But no one in positions to decide these things ever asks me. So I've learned to live with disappointment.

This image has been out for a couple of days, but I haven't seen it show up on here.
Apparently, this will be the 'final battle' armor Tony wears in IM3:

I'm thinking it would translate well into minimate form.

*edit - put the armor in spoilers for anyone not wanting too much of the ending revealed

Edited by Donny B

I actually really like that. It doesn't seem quite "finished" yet, but it's a good mix of the Avengers' suit and the Mk 42. Like the name too.

EDIT: Now that i keep looking at it i'm starting to associate it with the first Ultimate Armor, that's probably why i like it so much. Very cool.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Shaky-cam Spanish languange version of the new trailer leaked online (facebook), check out the last 5 seconds! drool.gif

Zach, has DST taken the armors shown in this trailer into consideration of the Minimate lines? I know it wasn't DST's fault, the blame is on Marvel for not providing materials to license holders, but I'm still bitter about the lack of an Armored Whiplash from Iron Man 2 and would hate to see something similar with this movie.

Edited by youbastards

so its now fair to say the concept art (was it hasbro that leaked that?) is film accurate!

this is awesome!

(also i find it odd that every news site only seems to have one or two of these armors instead of posting them all)

IronMan3ArmorConcepts_zpse1c67425.jpg

Edited by undeadpool

Shaky-cam Spanish languange version of the new trailer leaked online (facebook), check out the last 5 seconds! drool.gif

Zach, has DST taken the armors shown in this trailer into consideration of the Minimate lines? I know it wasn't DST's fault, the blame is on Marvel for not providing materials to license holders, but I'm still bitter about the lack of an Armored Whiplash from Iron Man 2 and would hate to see something similar with this movie.

I don't know what you're talking about. miner.gif

so....minimates of all of those...now....please?

kthanxbai biggrin.png

(also anyone find it odd that we have yet to see Firepower? he was confirmed, no?)

Edited by undeadpool