UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up. I seen various pics of this figure. It quick changes to PP and Spidey. The price posted is a relief and I hope it's true. Hopefully I can snag 2 at the show. (Me & Friend)

If I can help JL, let me know. Not looking to get one for myself (yet).

Can't say I'm surprised. There was also an ealier report on poor sales of the SM3 figs. Their Transformers line looks better. Hasbro has been making poor Marvel figs. There are very few worth getting. Once Hasbro released their first wave I was pretty much done collecting Marvel Legends. (More Expensive/Smaller Skinny Figs/Less Articulation/No Comic) As much as I'd want the BAFs (Brood Queen/Blob) it doesn't compensate for getting the whole set/wave imo. I've been a completist since day one, so it hurts but Hasbro killed my desire. At some point soon, I'm going to sell most of my MIP Legends except the ones I want to keep (Hulk/Spidey)

P.S.

Please don't PM me or ask if I have a certain figure available.

I agree with JL. True or not, its not hard to believe. Hasbro really turned an action figure line that was always at the top of sales lists, into a total peg warmer.

the biggest problem is that hasbro focused on quanity not quality for series one, they look like crap (with the exception of hulk and ult. ironman) and every store is pretty much overstocked, and wont clearance them. I really like a bunch of the figures in series 2, but probally will never find them in stores due to the fact that series one did so terribly.

I used to love and look at the ML they were for me like what spawn figures were when they first came out (before they stopped being articulated) and I was alway interested in collecting them and got a few (Thing and Spiderman). but once Hasbro took them over, wow do they ever suck. I am kind of glad I never got into them.

The only one that Hasbro put out that looks ANY good, to me anyway, is She-Hulk......and I let that one slip by me because I found out that her and all of the newest sets from them have no Finger Articulation........they can't grab onto anything or hold anything that doesnt fit in their hands.

VERY poor work on their part in my opinion.

The only figures I'd like to get from the Toybiz sets now are the Variant Captain Marvel and Variant Wonderman........other then that, I'm finished.

YES! I can't wait to see this Bi-Beast. He has deserved a decent action figure for a long time. I will be buying these for sure. Now I need to make more room on the Hulk shelves.

Man just when I'm about to sell almost everything. I still think 2 waves for a BAF is sucky. It's another way for Hasbro to stick it to the buyer. Just because it's Hulk I'll probably get only the ones I like. I'm also interested in seeing how Bi-Beast turns out. At least Hasbro is not scared to put out a Hulk wave. :whistling: (j/k DST)

YES! I can't wait to see this Bi-Beast. He has deserved a decent action figure for a long time. I will be buying these for sure. Now I need to make more room on the Hulk shelves.

LOL!! That (along with Wendigo) is the figure that stood out in my mind too!! Now if we could only get a Woodgod figure...

Woodgod would be awesome! I too am a Wendigo fan, but the white Sasquatch variant of the late ToyBiz waves, worked nicely. However, a Byrne style Wedigo, would be a cool figure.

That's what I want from my Marvel Legends - the obscure characters. Wendigo? Bring him on. Bi-Beast? You bet. I have to buy 12 figures to get a complete Fin Fang Foom? Let me give you my cash now.

And yes, I would love a Woodgod figure. One of these days I'll do a custom Minimate of him...

My only hope is that these look better than the first couple waves from Hasbro. I'm going to be depressed if Bi-Beast gets a figure and he's lacking good articulation.

Not sure if it has been reported yet but hasbro have revealed the spiderman ML wave. You can see them here:

I must say, Black spidey looks... worrying...

Patriot

Man that Black Suit Spidey is Ugly. The symbol is way to big. I hate the articulation on these figures. Mine always seem to fall over and not bend right. The BAF Sandman would be good, if he didn't have a human head.

Yuck! That Spidey wave is weak. I used to be a serious ML completist, but the last ML wave I bought was the Legendary Riders. The only Hasbro ML I've bought is She-Hulk. Too bad there wasn't a Fantastic Four variant of her! I've almost bought the armored Thor a couple of times, but the bland paint on him (mentioned above) has been the deal breaker for me...

It seems like Hasbro has taken the "least amount of work possible" theory on their ML Line.

This new Spiderman wave is SO weak......it looks like all they did was take the Spiderman 3 figures and just added articulation. Very poor work ........

And the BAF Sandman.......... shouldn't the BAF figures have just as much articulation as the rest of the figures.....this sandman looks like it is just going to be able to sit there and that's it, no posability what so ever.

I would have been super pleased if we got a repaint of the SuperA SM2 figure in black. I know we're getting him in red, but they should have done it twice. The best thing about this wave, even if the articulation is weak, Mary Jane! Wohoo!

BAF Sandman is also cool, but the head ruins it for me. Nothing a little kitbashing won't fix. I at least hope this dude is monster size..

I'll probably get Red Spiderman, New Goblin, Venom, and Green Goblin because I missed it the first time around (same with red spiderman), but New Goblins loose-fitting belt is gonna become a no-fitting belt after a few minutes in my possession.

Patriot