UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finished off my Terrax today... nice figure, BTW... just in time to get started on Arnim Zola. I've got his legs, which came with Bucky Cap and Drax, respectively. Drax is a very nicely done figure, but he pales in comparison to Captain America, who is just outstanding. Easily the best of the ROML so far, even better then my beloved Constrictor.

On the flip side, I got a look at Madame Hydra at a comic book store today, and she's everything you've heard. Almost Scarlet Witch level ugly. Considering that she comes with the variant Zola torso, I would expect that a lot of us will be passing her over.

EDIT: Fantomex and Thunderball back in stock at TRU. Still no sign of Madame Masque or, surprisingly, either Spider-Man.

Edited by hellpop

So I finished off my Terrax today... nice figure, BTW... just in time to get started on Arnim Zola. I've got his legs, which came with Bucky Cap and Drax, respectively. Drax is a very nicely done figure, but he pales in comparison to Captain America, who is just outstanding. Easily the best of the ROML so far, even better then my beloved Constrictor.

On the flip side, I got a look at Madame Hydra at a comic book store today, and she's everything you've heard. Almost Scarlet Witch level ugly. Considering that she comes with the variant Zola torso, I would expect that a lot of us will be passing her over.

EDIT: Fantomex and Thunderball back in stock at TRU. Still no sign of Madame Masque or, surprisingly, either Spider-Man.

I searched marvel legends and all I got was Iron Man. Where'd they go?

I searched "Fantomex" and "Dark Wolverine" and they came up. Really don't wanna spend $18 a piece (not to mention there's no guarantee I'll get the Daken I want).

Fantomex: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12475938 Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's outta stock anyways. Yeesh.

Daken: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12475932&prodFindSrc=search Chr*st, they're both gone now.

Yeah, for some reason this morning they changed the listing from Marvel Legends back to Marvel Universe. Moreover, when I did a search for "marvel universe", they didn't even come up. :confused:

Ten, I know that they've been shipping the running changes (Piledriver rather then Thunderball), so they might be shipping the variant too. I would bet that you can get one for a decent price loose on eBay.

Turns out my LCS got part of Series 2 the other day; wasn't aware, and would have put some of them on hold instead of DCUC Wave 20. All that remained were Fantomex, Drax, and, of course, Piledriver. So, i missed a Viper/FF Spidey case. Yay.

I DID pick up Fantomex, and oh my Goooooood i love this thing. Great, fun figure; he has a few faint "red" smudges on his thighs from the gun holsters, but they're barely noticeable. And the back of his coast has black detailing, so it's only the side lines that are missing. Not bad at all, in hand he's great. My major complaint is his hands; they don't hold his guns at a "believable" angle. Too pointed down, one worse than the other. Not going to affect everyone, but i like posing him with them and it gets a little irritating. :unsure:

Viper, even with all of her problems, i still really want; love the character and i need someone "spyish" for Rogers to take on. Her transvestite face really doesn't help though. Such a shame, since i don't really care for Madame Masque. Ah well. Prolly gonna pick up Piledriver next time...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I have a Thor and maybe a Hope that I bought for $17.99 at TRU that I need to return. highway robbery.

and i'm not going to pay that increased price either. These figures are not worth that price point. Ridiculous. Even $15 at target is a bit much...though I guess they need to stay in line with DC classics (which are overpriced too)

Just found a Fantomex in the back stock of my LCS I'm helping out at. So excited, got him with my credit, great figure. Now I just need to track down a maskless Daken.

I just returned one to TRU, let me know if you can't find it. I'll pick it up for you for cost + tax and shipping.

I suppose i'm just weak. Ordered a Viper off of eBay for $36 shipped. Mostly because the in-package shot looked surprisingly very nice (all were his own pics). Sure, it was no proto-Viper, but it looked better than the rest that i've seen at places like Fwoosh.

Considering how much i like Viper and want Commander to have an adversary, i'm trying to justify this haha. :whistling: