Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of Wave Two of the Hulk figures have been leaked and can be seen here:

Wave Two Hulk Goodness

They look so much better than the Spider-Man figures that leaked a few weeks ago.

Plus - Doc Samson! Planet Hulk! Valkyrie!

Ah, Boyd beat me to it. I was going to post this link for Shane, as I know he's one of the largest Hulk fans out there :P I have to say, while I'm not following this storyline, I am enjoying the figures. Hopefully Hasbro is learning from it's mistakes and moving in a direction to get the fans involved with the line once again. I'm definately looking forward to getting one step closer to my Defenders team being assembled :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got back from Toys R Us, and have seen yet another TRU Exclusive.

Black Queen is officially out.

Not exactly how new this news is, but it is new to me so I thought I'd share.

Oh, also..... The Emma Frost Exclusives are currently marked on Clearance for $3.84

All I'm going to be waiting for is Spiral sometime in 2008.....was announced on action-figure.com

• 1 year later...

Yeah - i've bought maybe 3 or 4 Marvel Legends since Hasbro took over the line.

Banshee, Emma Frost, Cannonball & Domino. Banshee & Frost i really only bought because they were x-men characters. And while Domino & Cannonball looked decent, they were just old toybiz sculpts with new heads.

I WAS looking forward to the Nemesis line, but Beast & Tigra look awful. . . Tigra in particular. And i'm quite bummed about Nemesis, the one decent sculpt, being painted yellow instead of left transparent.

Here's hoping the line gets a bit of a kick in the behind in the next 12 months, otherwise i think we can say goodbye to it altogether :(

I think it is pretty much time to let Marvel Legends go.......not a whole lot of the Hasbro lines have been good.

The only one I have gotten since they started making them was Spiral, she's one of my favorite characters and they finally came out with a figure of her, surprisingly it looks good too. I have yet to see any of the new ones come close to the Toybiz lines.

I feel similarly, but I really want a 6 inch Classic Iron Man that looks like the Hasbro version. The quality will be crap, of course, but they somehow never released one yet that looks right.

I wanted that Red Hulk BAF, but I wasn't about to pay $90+ for the crappy figures that the BAF pieces came with. $14.99 a pop for those turds is ricockulous.

RIP, Marvel Legends.

You can *sometimes* find the BAF pieces cheap on eBay. . . although a lot of the time, the end up costing MORE than the original figure they were packed with. I built myself a Brood Queen figure from eBay pieces and it cost me less than it would if i had bought all the figures. Although, i am STILL collecting Blob BAF Pieces. The head and hands from that guy always seem to go for insanely high prices on eBay, despite them being a) 'free' pack-ins & B) very small pieces.

If i get any of the Rulk range, i'll send you the BAF pieces :thumbsup:

It completely boggles my mind how Hasbro produces such an inferior product, yet is able to charge outrageous prices, and people will buy it! I guess I shouldn't blame BBTS. If those figures really are $15 each new, then that's what they are charging. Guess I just figured you would get something of a discount ordering 2-packs, particularly all 3 2-packs at once.

It completely boggles my mind how Hasbro produces such an inferior product, yet is able to charge outrageous prices, and people will buy it! I guess I shouldn't blame BBTS. If those figures really are $15 each new, then that's what they are charging. Guess I just figured you would get something of a discount ordering 2-packs, particularly all 3 2-packs at once.

Amen - even my LCS offers a 10% discount if you purchase a whole wave/series of figures.

They lowered the price by $10 :D

I guess no one was buying after all. The sad thing is, these sculpts actually look pretty great across the board. But you just know the quality is going to be garbage.

• 2 months later...

There are a few decent looking figures there. I'd welcome the updated Havok figure. Shame we are getting 4 re-released characters instead of some more newbies that have yet to get a figure like Polaris.

EDIT: that sounds like whinging. I am really glad to possibly be getting Madrox, Havoc, Warpath, White Phoenix of the Crown etc . . . Here's hoping the line actually comes to be & we get to see these in stores soon.

Edited by Nessex

I think that the re-releases look great. That Black Widow in particular is leaps and bounds better than the original. Is it just me or does The Hood figure look like a great base for a Jason Todd Red Hood figure right down to the jacket. I wonder when these will hit the street.

Can someone ID the figure with the guns and skull? I don't read a lot of Marvel comics these days.

079__scaled_600.jpg

Edited by minimadman

OH MY GOD. I may have to buy my first Hasvro ML...WHITE CROWN LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Other thoughts: Black Widow looks nice. Deadpool is definitely a stand-out from the rest. I thought it'd be a looooooong time before we got a Karla Sofen/Ms. Marvel figure...do we even have a Carol yet?!?! Madrox looks great; second fav of all.