UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

In case you haven't seen it on the other toy boards... first wave's been showing up at TRU. Looks like it's $17.99, while Target and Wal-Mart will eventually have them for $14.99. Price gouging, Geoffrey? For shame :down: . That said, I'll buy the Constrictor at that price. But only him, I swear!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a disappointing first round for X-Fans. Hope is a decent enough looking figure & i'm glad to see them tackling contemporary characters, but when we're still missing Polaris, Sunfire, Nimrod, Dazzler, Jubilee, Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Multiple Man etc . . . . (not to mention a Rogue or a White Queen that doesn't look like @$$) - it makes me wonder if we'll ever get to rounding out any of the teams that Hasbro & ToyBiz started.

Ordered the Commander, Hope, and Danny Ketch from TRU.com the other day, before they sold out. VERY excited for those three; i hear the MvC3 Captain America Theme every time i see pics of Rogers. They look fantastic.

Not sure i can justify 17.99 for ANOTHER Iron Man (especially when a better Extremis is in the Iron Man Legends line), Constrictor on that odd buck, and tiny Klaw. Thor i can at least put off.

Can't wait for Viper, the 2 Spideys, and Fantomex in Wave 2, but finally getting a Jim Lee Jean Grey is making my dreams come true.

Found 'em at the TRU in Easton, PA today. I was there on Monday, when they were in the middle of doing an action figure reset, and they had pegs up for these guys. I was told that they might be on the Wednesday truck, and it was a LOOOOOONG wait. But I'm kind of the opposite of you, Two-Face: I bought Constrictor and Klaw, but I doubt I'll buy the others, certainly not at that price. Commander Rogers is really quite nice, but I just don't know if I want him on my shelf. No interest in Hope or Modern Ghost Rider, but they do look like nice figures. Glad I don't have to buy Thor for a Terrax piece, since I'm quite happy with the Marvel Select one.

And I gotta say... Iron Man shipping two to a case? Really? I know he's the high-profile guy now, but the pegs are still jammed with Iron Man toys. Haven't they learned the lesson from Marvel Universe, where it seems that every Iron Man figure becomes the peg warmer? :confused:

In a fun bit of irony, the Rider i was wanted was Danny because Johnny doesn't wear this heavy-metal look; TRU shipped variants, i got Johnny, and i actually like him much more then i would Danny. Guess it's because i'm more a fan of Johnny, but the orange and black is just a nicer deco.

Commander Rogers is more a personal thing; Steve's time back as Super Soldier and his mini series and Secret Avengers reminded why i love the character, and the spy/military design is just fantastic. Loving the realistic proportions of the head sculpt too; i know i'm in the minority, but i hated Nick Fury's sculpt being so tiny, and the bigger Rogers just sells that whole buck. The Black and light-brown variant paint scheme is pretty great too; liking it much more than the blue and brown.

Hope was a bit of a let down, but i think it's more because i just don't know what to do with her yet. Johnny and Steve stand strong on their own, but Hope really needs some modern X-men with her, or a new Cable. Stellar head sculpt though, it really sells the strong, depressed teen vibe.

That Iron Man situation really annoys me. The stuff has been on the pegs for 2-3 years now and isn't going anywhere, and coming out with THREE NEW EXTREMIS ARMORS is NOT helping. At all.

Oh, and anyone seen the package pics of Big Time Spidey??? YIKES.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Can't wait for Viper, the 2 Spideys, and Fantomex in Wave 2, but finally getting a Jim Lee Jean Grey is making my dreams come true.

Wait . . . What? :blink:

Have they released finished proto pictures of her yet, or has she only been announced?

@Nessex: I believe she was teased during the slide show at either San Diego or New York. If memory serves, I don't think they even had a painted prototype.

I also wanted to say that I appreciate that Hasbro didn't just make big figures of the 3.75" they've already done for most of these characters. Each figure is very unique. Oh, and Terrax also looks like he's going to be very impressive once he's done. I'm not sure why Hasbro decided to pack both arms with Ghost Rider rather then give on to Thor, but I'm not complaining about it either.

BTW, if there's anyone out there that's bought Hope Summers or Ghost Rider and doesn't want the Terrax parts, lemme know and I'll buy or trade for 'em.

EDIT: Not Marvel Legends exactly, but I just saw that our good friends at Diamond Select Toys (you know about these guys, right?) are releasing a Marvel Select Ultron! Obviously, he'll be a little big for a ML display, but I can accept that Ultron's seven feet tall. Hopefully, though, it's just the photo that makes his legs look so... awkward. Here's the story, with pictures:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2012/02/08/marvel-select-ultron-toy-fair/

Edited by hellpop

Zach said on the Fwoosh that the hip balls are gonna be sunken into the hips more, that this isn't final; with that i can say i'm totally picking it up. Love Selects anyway, but to finally have an actual Ultron is just great.

And yea, only a digital mock-up of Jean and Stryfe. Rumor has it that they'll be in an X-men subline/theme wave with Archangel.

Oh, and the packaging pics of Wave 2 are letting me down even more. Viper's face and colors!!!! What happened?! She looked great at NYCC, was hoping she'd come out as great as Black Widow. Such a shame, she and Steve were my most wanted. FF Spidey looks absolutely incredible though; those lines are really, really crisp.

Those packaged picks of which Two-Face speaks:

Yeah, Madame Hydra did not turn out great. She might end up becoming a pass. I like this "running change" thing, but I hope the later shipping figures don't become hard to find because nobody's restocking these figures. Anyway, the Spideys are nice, but I think Bucky Cap is the clear winner of this wave.

From what I gather, the pic they showed at the panel has Mystique in the red/black outfit she wore in her solo series. Dunno if that makes anyone happy or sad. :)

I just don't understand why they are waiting so long to reveal wave 3. I've heard that wave 2 is even starting to show up, which means, if they aren't going to show wave 3 until San Diego, there's a HUGE lag between these first two and wave 3. Well, I guess that will give us time to get Thunderball and Madame Hydra.... :rolleyes:

Yea, people are still hunting Wave 1, it would have been better if they staggered these two further apart.

Maybe they'll release Wave 2a now, and 2b in a few months?? Running changes might be affecting when these things hit.

But yea, the wait to even reveal the wave isn't helping excitement. I wasn't 100% sold on Blade back at NYCC, but this "Winter Soldier Blade" is even worse. Don't like US Agent as a character, don't like this Mystique costume, and Punisher we haven't seen final yet. This wave is REALLY black and red so far though....odd.

Didn't see a pic, just read on either AFI or Fwoosh that this was the costume on the figure shown.

I'm not too worried about wave 3, personally; the one thing that Hasbro has shown, for both Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe (and something a certain other toy company with a Marvel license could take note of) is a willingness to mine the Marvel character library. So I'd be surprised if there isn't something for everyone to get excited about, no matter your tastes.

• 2 weeks later...

TRU.com has Fantomex and Daken listed as of today; Fantomex is already sold out (dang), but Daken's still there if you hurry. I think wave 2's already showing up in stores, though. If they stock these online like they did the first series, though, even if they sell out they should be available again.

So has anyone completed Terrax yet? I bought Constrictor and Klaw right away, and Rogers from TRU.com, and I've bought the parts from GR, Hope, and Iron Man on eBay. Still waiting for his head and arms to arrive, though. As predicted, Iron Man already looks like a peg warmer. :rolleyes:

My LCS has wave 2 already - which seems crazy as i'm in Australia. I'm debating getting Fantomex. When is this colour scheme from? It looks like they've taken the classic white look from his first appearance and added the Black zig-zags from his Grey X-Force outfit?

My LCS has wave 2 already - which seems crazy as i'm in Australia. I'm debating getting Fantomex. When is this colour scheme from? It looks like they've taken the classic white look from his first appearance and added the Black zig-zags from his Grey X-Force outfit?

I think it's just supposed to be X-force, in the promo art, things looked whiter and less gray. (Quite frankly, i like the white). Irritates me that there aren't any lines on the jacket though. Like....come on, Hasbro. Key details.

Which wave did your LCS get, were Viper and/or FF Spidey there?

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

My LCS got Unmasked Daken, Madam Masque & Big Time Spiderman.

They all look reasonable, with the exception of BTSM - he has way too much green on him & looks more like a Green Spierman, than a Black Spiderman with green glowing lights on it.

EDIT: I don't mind how the white and black looks from a purely aesthetic point of view . . . but it's not really going to fit in with X-Force Warpath, or the inevitable X-Force Deadpool when he gets made.