UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the story with the caveman Hulk in the HTTA set? At first I thought it was Skaar, but after looking a second time, it's obviously not. Anyone *cough* Mirymate *cough* care to shed some light on that particular rendition of the Hulk?

MINI_MYTE, the other MM posted this a couple pages back:

that savage lookin' Hulk pictured is how he appears in the new "Incredible Hulk" comic book.

I'm not reading it, but I gather Hulk separated himself from Banner somehow after Fear Itself.

And now he's a caveman cavehulk? :blink:

that savage lookin' Hulk pictured is how he appears in the new "Incredible Hulk" comic book.

I'm not reading it, but I gather Hulk separated himself from Banner somehow after Fear Itself.

i believe hes become a king to a group of moloids....the hulk ends up being king a lot....

Edited by undeadpool

HOLPCRAPTOMBRAIDERI'MGONADIE!

I seriously don't hate anything here. I'm buying it ALL, with the exception of the ST stuff.

But Lara Croft just made. My. Freaking. Day.

DST, I will erect a monument to your greatness. You've fufilled a dream 7 years in the making. I love you forever. I will but 10 just to have an army of Lara Crofts. Thank you. THANK YOU.

The rest of the stuff looks amazing. I love Santa, and TWD mates are great. I take back my earlier reservations (but would rather have still had MZ). Marvel looks incredible and the Venom set is beautiful beyond words. Not a thing wrong with it.

If anything my 1 complaint would be that I want Lexi as a minimate as well as a statue, and that's only cause she looks so good.

It hasn't been explained in the comic yet... but:

SPOILERS:

Hulk and Banner have become separate entities. Hulk was living in an incredibly well-hidden city underground with some of the Moloids when the series starts off.

Havok? Seemed out of place. Rather have X-Factor costume.

Agreed! But this fits in better with the Outback X-Men, which is why i assume DST are revisiting this costume, so i'm not too fussed. Also - it has been about 30 waves since we last got this design, so it's probably a good thing for new collectors.

Is that for sure Lara Croft? I thought she wore hotpants?

Havok? Seemed out of place. Rather have X-Factor costume.

Agreed! But this fits in better with the Outback X-Men, which is why i assume DST are revisiting this costume, so i'm not too fussed. Also - it has been about 30 waves since we last got this design, so it's probably a good thing for new collectors.

And this one has a slip-on mask, which always bugged me about the last one. I tried making one for him, but I could never get the mask thin enough so the bands weren't stretched flat over the top. I may have to dremmel out the filled in parts of the bands on this one...

Zach's here! GET HIM!!!!

Edited by Lobsterman

Loving the looks of the Venom set. We get the bulked up version I thought we'd never see, and if I'm seeing it right we get a standard non-powerhouse torso on the first Venom shown. Yes!

*EDIT* Crap! Just looked at the pics on my computer (was on my cell phone at first) and realized the first Venom is female!! Any chance there's a spider logo underneath the powerhouse Venom next to Eddie's wife?

Edited by minivenom

I am totally impressed with the Walking Dead and Expendables.the customizing possibilities with the Expendables is endless my brain has been just going a mile a minute all day.and the likeness in all there faces is excellent 2 thumbs up to D.S.T. !!With everything else ive seen this evening im with everyone else in this thread tons of possitive compliments .This has been a hell of a showing .im going to be a very happy and broke collector this year :biggrin:

the customizing possibilities with the Expendables is endless my brain has been just going a mile a minute all day.and the likeness in all there faces is excellent 2 thumbs up to D.S.T. !

Is anyone going to buy the Expendables to actually display as ‘the Expendables’ or is everyone just seeing a 4 sets of celebrity heads?

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, and hey here’s an idea: Jason Statham + extra Daredevil you’ll get with Kingpin = “(possibly) Daredevil reboot Moviemate"

the customizing possibilities with the Expendables is endless my brain has been just going a mile a minute all day.and the likeness in all there faces is excellent 2 thumbs up to D.S.T. !

Is anyone going to buy the Expendables to actually display as 'the Expendables' or is everyone just seeing a 4 sets of celebrity heads?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, and hey here's an idea: Jason Statham + extra Daredevil you'll get with Kingpin = "(possibly) Daredevil reboot Moviemate"

oh yeah gotta have the Expendables in my diplay case.it is a heck of of a team and then with my extra few i buy im gonna have some fun

And what's sad is I'll probably watch the movie now since there are Minimates (I'll probably check out Mad Monster Party since there'll be toys for it also).

I'm the same way. I never saw Desperately Seeking Susan until the minimates were announced. I haven't seen Expendables yet, but now I am planning on it, because of the minimates.

Expendables was an okay action movie. Very over the top, cheesy, and bloody, so go in expecting that and you'll have fun.

DST, you have made me SO happy!

First off, everything looks great. Even the stuff I won't be buying (MAX, Monsters, Zombies, Pirates... I'm pretty much in it for Marvel) all looks fantastic.

Speaking of Marvel -- WOW.

I love it every time you bring me more X-Men. I love the new bulked up Colossus and Rhino. I didn't think I needed another black-suited Havok or another Venom, but after seeing these I know I do now. That transformation Venom is soooo cool! I also love his big claw hands. Oh and the Brood? Awesome.

You guys are killing it so far. Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this year.

Honestly, Expendables feels to me like a Godfather or Beverly Hills Cop. One of those licenses that I would like to see made, but I'm just not sure it's gonna have the level of pre-order support to justify production. We'll see! I hope I'm wrong, but so far we're 0-1 with pro-wrestler Minimates we've seen prototypes of :(

DMC10954.jpg

I still get pissed off whenever I see that picture. 2" Mr. T and Hulk Hogan in one set and IT NEVER EVEN GOT MADE! DAMMIT!! :verymad:

Edited by karamazov80