UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New York Toy Fair 2012

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the Hulk love.

No Invisible Man? Bummer. Or maybe I just cant see him?

Looking forward to the Enterprise and the Max SWAT truck

80's X-Men! Sweet. Would rather have Disco Dazzler. Meh Im fine with my custom.

Im guessing The Walking Dead mates are still very early protos. Im really not feeling the zombies. Liked the MAX ones better, at least for now.

Venom TtA looks awesome too!

Im wondering if the Alpha Flight is a compliment to a SDCC boxed set maybe? Maybe we'll then get:

Vindicator

Snowbird

Puck

Sasquatch

I sure hope so because these two are a very odd choice of characters. I would much rather get the core Byrne team... Ya know, the characters from when the book was good.

Over all looks like a great year for Minimates.

Wow! I was sad last night to not have any pics yet but the awesomeness of all that makes up for the wait! Can't wait for wave 47. Even seeing the pics of the Amazing Spiderman wave got me excited (love the Dr. Connors with the pinned up sleeve). Not a big Hulk fan but the pics of the TTA set look good. Venom TTA looks amazing and I wish they would roll out TRU waves faster because they just seem to slip in some really great ones into those waves. My first minimate set was the Spiderman set from TRU with Rhino as the hidden figure and I have loved that minimate since the beginning so I am really excited to be getting a bulked up version.

Can't wait for the Walking Dead sets! Thanks DST it all looks amazing!

Terry Crews from Expendables looks great, as does Shane and Andrea from Walking Dead. Venom,Rhino,Pirate guy with the Parrot all amazing.

New Brown Wolvie awesome, as is Colossi (Plural), Storm,Longshot and Rogue.

Havok? Seemed out of place. Rather have X-Factor costume.

The MAX APC looks great,reminds me of Battle Beast Playsets.

Love the color scheme for the new Spidey movie mates.

Brood clearly is the winner, wow. Mr Fix-It also wow.

Universal Monsters all look great too, what a showing!

Still very interested in The Punisher from the Kingpin wave. Punisher thru the Ages seems like it could be a set too.

Wesker still a badass.

• Am I totally missing the Tomb Raider Minimate? I can't find it anywhere.

It's right at the beginning of the gallary:

http://toyfair12.asmzine.com/gallery/diamond-select-toys/slides/DSC04270.html

It said "licence pending"... I wonder if this will work like the Sony licence which allowed them to get characters from various Sony Licences. If so, could this mean we can get a Raziel/Kain two pack? They were DLC for the Guardians of Light game...

Overall I'm incredibly impressed.

- The Australian X-Men sets look amazing.

- The Universal Monsters are perfect as always (love that Esmerelda) and can't arrive too soon for me.

- I'm delighted we're getting some Alpha Flight characters!

- The MAX stuff looks like alot of accessorized fun.

- The Pirates are amazing, with the generic types of characters shown. Really impressive and I dig that parrot!

- That Enterprise is fantastic and fun! I especially like the JEFFRIES TUBE with Mr. Spock in it. For those of you who don't know, look up the Jeffries Tube. It's pretty neat!

-Walking Dead looks great!

Just a few nit-picks:

- No shirtless Gray Hulk is a bummerino. Maybe we'll end up getting him, though, as only 4 figures were shown and it might? be a full wave? Also, that savage lookin' Hulk pictured is how he appears in the new "Incredible Hulk" comic book. It's not an Ultimate thing.

- Hope that fantastic bulky Rhino has an extra hand/foot set so we can have him classic-lookin' without the braclet stuff.

- A missed opportunity that the Colossus w/shirt on won't be able to put his arms above his head.

-Lastly, you can keep most of those Expendables 'mates. They'll be "if they go on sale and I have nothing else to buy that week" kind of material. They aren't bad, just... not really exciting to me.

Edited by Mystery Man

Let the record show that two people mentioned the lack of Kang before I did.

Very impressive showing. Can't say I'm unhappy with any of the Marvel stuff, Some very nice surprises, like Box and Mr. Fixit. Some great details, like three sets of feet for Pym. Very, Very happy Marvel Minimate fan.

(although Zach was talking some pretty big smack last night comparing mates with Hasbro's Marvel offerings. today is a nice solid counterpunch, but not yet a knockout blow)

Not into Zombies or Pirates but those looked cool.

and I am trying really, really hard not to tell Rhuel that "Sure the Invisible Man mates were there, you just couldn't see 'em." And apparently I failed.

Oh, and I love all the pictures with the toys next to the "no cameras" signs. Nice touch.

I was never into Rocky, but I plan on getting all of the Expendable stuff. Not because I'm into the Expendables, mind you, but because they will make for great customs and nice companions to MAX stuff.

I'm very pleased with that Colossus. Very.

Edited by Turtle

Oh I figured. They were too nice to have been sneaked on a cammera phone. It's just one of those nice little rebelious looking touches I like.

Anybody that hasn't dipped their toe into the Max line really ought to ,I've just been looking at those 'desert' GI guys ....bloody awesome. Regards the 'Dead' line I also reckon they look superb but I'm wondering if the inhouse zombie line might have been a bit more fun? Does fun still sell ?

All in all that was a refreshing line-up of new Minimates.

What's the story on the Munster car? Are the Munsters coming?

What's the story on the Munster car? Are the Munsters coming?

Seeing as how the driver is B&W, I'm sure we're getting a variant car and I'd be surprised not to get a box set or a few waves. Kinda weird though, with the driver B&W while the car is in color.

As for all the KANG naysayers, the confirmed at-least-one-of: Kang/Winter Soldier/Falcon/Zemo has not yet been shown. There are a few more SDCC sets that should be revealed closer to SDCC-time. I did not expect them to be revealed at Toy Fair, and neither should you. Wait until the SDCC 4-packs are all revealed before complaining.

Absolutely incredible!

My tops:

Very well done, folks!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bob Harris

So I'm assuming the Enterprise is the "extra something-something" in a defunct line that Zach mentioned, and that would mean a different defunct line is getting a proper revival later? Or there's more Star Trek on the way, and something else is getting the something-something. Or something.

Lots of cool Marvel surprises here, definitely got my Minimate interest level on the upswing again :thumbsup: