UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

No claws for Lizard?!

I second this statement. There were several pre-existing minimate clawed hands that could have been used. Any chance you could shed some light Zach as to why that choice was made by DST?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST's Facebook page just posted packaged pics of the wave. If you do NOT want to be spoiled, avoid them and this, but...

The SWAT Army Builders are necessary now. They have additional heads that are half-mutated. THAT is seriously cool; in one way, it's a neat "video game" style concept making them expendable body guards for Connors. Personally, i'm gonna use them a Skrull sort of thing for the Movie Avengers.

Nonetheless, good show DST, you just got several sets out of me.

It's funny that the specific name of the alien troops in Avengers was treated as a military-grade secret long after everyone knew what it was, but disclosing the fact that there are heretofore unknown mutated lizard troopers in the Spider-Man movie is apparently no big deal.

Edited by Lobsterman

It's funny that the specific name of the alien troops in Avengers was treated as a military-grade secret long after everyone knew what it was, but disclosing the fact that there are heretofore unknown mutated lizard troopers in the Spider-Man movie is apparently no big deal.

The movies might be based on comics from the same company but they are made by different studios.

Maybe Marvel Studios has tighter restrictions on potential spoilers, no matter how unimportant they may seem, then Sony (we did see the Lizard way before we saw the Chitauri after all)

because I like reading spoilerific stuff online, I forget what is knowledge and what isn't. I remember reading about that scene when they were filming it... time, does like to fly! :unsure:

i'd love to see that transformation head on the connors mate, would seem cool. I actually really like the look of these as mates even though i wasnt fussed about the film looks. I might even say they look better than some of the avengers mates. Going to try and pick these up when i get the chance

I don't like the suit. The suit is a big part of convincing me that I'm watching Spiderman on the screen and I am not convinced. Spiderman never wore a suit like the one in this new film and its hard for me to accept. Granted, Batman never wore the Dark Knight suit in the comics, its not the same to me. I didn't much care for the suit Macguire wore either, but it was a lot closer to hte traditional red & blue Spidey has worn most of his tenure. It might be petty on my part, but its just spandex for crying out loud. Why try to turn something classic into an outerspace rocket ship racing suit?!

Man, I've read spidey since the seventies and I don't see where his parents ever played a part at all, much less a big part...

Yeah, and honestly, I enjoyed the origin of Ultimate Venom (it was part of a cure for cancer that Peter's father was working on with Eddie Brock's father) more than the 'ball of alien goo', so hopefully some of this history with Peter's parents in the new movie leads to a new Venom story in a future movie. That Ultimate Venom origin arc is some of the best writing of Ultimate Spidey. I need to go re-read all of that, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Spider-Man book quite like that run, until "Ultimatum" that is... :rolleyes:

616 Peter's parents were barely mentioned for most of his early years, just that they died. Then they added "in a plane crash" to the origin. I think it was the mid seventies the idea came about they were "diplomatic couriers" and the plane crash was under suspicious circumstances which of course Spiey investigated. Mentioned again in the late 80's they were full blown C.I.A. operatives working for Nick Fury against the communist Red Skull, the revelation leading of course to more Spidey action. I believe the C.I.A. operative story still stands today.

1610 Peter's parents were scientists working with the Brocks on a cancer cure.

My guess is the movie will stick closer to the 1610 origin, adding that they were employed by Oscorp and working with Dr. Conners on... something... beastly.

And I'm sorry... this version of the Lizard looks like a stinkin' saturday morning Sleestak more than anything else. Darn you, Sony.

wow - i love the tampo on Capt. Stacy. Very nice. And the Spiderman is one of the nicest paint jobs i've seen in a while with regards to bold colours. no murky reds over blues etc...

Very nice mates, all in all.

I see that Uncle Ben & Aunt May come with

tansforming lizard faces . . . So - the big twist is that they're the Lizard? Is this how Uncle Ben REALLY dies

:lol:

wow - i love the tampo on Capt. Stacy. Very nice. And the Spiderman is one of the nicest paint jobs i've seen in a while with regards to bold colours. no murky reds over blues etc...

Very nice mates, all in all.

I see that Uncle Ben & Aunt May come with

tansforming lizard faces . . . So - the big twist is that they're the Lizard? Is this how Uncle Ben REALLY dies

:lol:

You read the name of the SWAT builder right?? :whistling: