UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

*sigh* I mean, they all look good, but there's so little in this wave that's NEW. I love Marvel movies, but these movie 'mates all seem to suffer from a feeling of "Been there, done that." At least with the Thor movie 'mates we got some characters we never have before, like Odin, Jane Foster and the Frost Giants. With this we get....movie Uncle Ben.

I hope those box sets Zach keeps referring to are absolutely spectacular, because it's been quite a while since I was really excited about an upcoming wave.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger, not much prettier:

spideymates.jpg

I'd love a bunch of those SWAT guys, but, and I hate to say it, I hope these go the way of Wave 15...

Though, I want to make it perfectly clear, that it is in no way DST's faults. They look like perfectly good Minimates. It's the source material that's sh**.

Edited by TENIME_art

I kind of like the orangish lenses of the mask. Not nearly as good as white, but at least it mixes it up a little. As usual, I'm not too excited about ANY movie mates that also exist in comics form. Having said that, I usually end up buying a few to satisfy my craving for new minimates when there are no comic mates to buy. I'll get a few of these, especially if Emma Stone gets into the lineup. :teehee:

And from the outline, it appears that the Lizard is going to have severely limited shoulder articulation. Come on, DST. Stop running the sculpts over the shoulders. :down:

Nice SWAT, Ben, and I could probably coble together a nice QC 616 non-HS Parker. Lizard design is growing on me. Not into movie mates at all, so no dog in this fight.

You said it. It's a waste of a figure, in my opinion. When articulation is that far hampered, why bother at all?

I'm thinking most people would rather get a mate that can't put its hands above its head, an unusual pose anyway, than get nothing. It's only really stopping a small fraction of movement. Aunt May's articulation is more hampered by her skirt and long hair.

YUP, wave 46. TRU wave coming soon, with stacys, Connors and Vigilante SM. I believe BD Spidey has a beat-up face under the mask. Sorry you guys hate the figure you can't see so much. :)

Hey Zach,do you know if the tru wave is going to be also here in tru Canada? :)

YUP, wave 46. TRU wave coming soon, with stacys, Connors and Vigilante SM. I believe BD Spidey has a beat-up face under the mask. Sorry you guys hate the figure you can't see so much. :)

twas only a couple of folks hatin' on the Lizard. Nice to hear the Stacys are getting made, though, as it is TrU, I may have to miss out... are they packed together? please tell me they're packed together.

A lot of folks simply aren't huge on movie waves, Zach, certainly don't take it to heart. The Garfield figure is absolutely spot on, I shall definitely be getting one or two of these 2-packs.

EDIT - skateboard is a re-use of Marty's, aye? Surprised to see so many people excited about that. I have a spare if someone wants it.

Edited by dj87

ok i for one, LOVE these, the new spidey movie is just what ive always wanted, a spiderman movie that focus's on his super heroics and genius at the same time, so im glad they made a costume to reflect that even if it sacrifices elements of the original design :)

the two spideys look good, i do hope we see more detail but i love em so far, peter is by far my favorite of the set, the hair and coat are must haves :D

ben looks a little odd but is a must have, no comments on may, the SWAT guy is a great addition, hope he has NYPD somewhere on him but he looks great :)

lizard looks like hes gonna be epic, while he may not get any face sculpting those legs and tail are gonna rock

also looking forward to a conners mate (especially if it has a stump arm), by stacy do you mean captain or gwen? and vigilante spidey will look very cool :D

EDIT: you said Stacy'S my bad x)

Edited by undeadpool

Great to hear that i still have a shot at Captain Stacy and Connors; more interested in those two.

I issue with BD Spider-man is just lack of BD, the old folks are REALLY bland, and Lizard is too bulky (also, check the feet. New sculpts).....but as it has been stated, this is the films fault, not yours, Zach.

Again, thanks for the Stacys and Connors, BIG improvement already. :thumbsup:

You know how to make a guy happy. After seeing the trailer, I'm looking forward to this wave, and it looks like it won't disappoint. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Lizard's legs.

I've seen images of the movie lizard, and he seriously looks like a koopa from the Mario live action movie.

I hate the new spidey costume it looks like a Olympic skiers suit.

so again no fault of Dsts as these look dead on to the source material, its just that the source material sucks.

Gwen and captain Stacy should be cool. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mattallica

It's not that these aren't good Zach, quality wise I have no complaints. But other than TRU Wave 13 we have so little that's completely new coming up, Waves 44, 45 and 46 are all either redos or movie versions, or both. Your work is great as always, but I can't say I'm looking forward to them like I have other waves. I am looking forward to the box set exclusives you've told us about though.

But I'm still going to pick them up, new 'mates are always better than no 'mates.

I'm looking forward to this movie, but I don't really buy movie mates (no offense, DST or Marvel). However, I may have to pick up a Peter Parker for that hair piece and skateboard and maybe Gwen depending on how much she looks like Emma Stone. Otherwise, I'll just stick to my 616 mates.

Can't wait to see what else you'll have to show off!

I may be in the minority here but I'm starting to get SERIOUSLY stoked for The Amazing Spider-Man... But I'm not a big fan of the civvies in this set... I never felt an endless burning pressing need for an Uncle Ben or an Aunt May or Peter Parker... But I will, without a doubt, be getting Spider-Man and The Lizard. I like the new Spider-Man costume (Minus the orange eyes but that's ALL I don't like) and the Lizard, so far, is looking to be an interesting design. I am getting those two for sure and finally Movie Peter will have someone to fight that isn't Topher Grace, Skyboard Goblin, and Sandman.

Plus I don't really like the Spider-Man 3 movie minimate... It just looks a little bizarre like... too faded. Not a dark enough red.. This one looks better to me. Just a thought.