UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been answered already, but i couldn't see it anywhere in this thread:

Do we have dates for when the pictures of Lizard, Gwen, Capt. Stacy, Connors & Vigilante Peter are expected to be released?

We've already seen the MU Lizard, as well as the Halloween MAsk/Gloves sets at ToyFair. Did the minimate get shown as well?

My only problem with this guy, based on the trailers and stills alone, is the Edward Cullen hair. Everytime I see it, I think of that scene in Angel where they made fun of Angel's spikey/messy hairstyle by have him being able to see his reflection while they were in Lorn's dimension: "Is this from the portal?"(Angel futzing with his hair) "Noooo, it always looks like that."

I am thinking the assortment will be:

Spidey/Peter - shared

BD Spidey/Lizard -shared

Aunt May/Swat - LCS

Uncle Ben/Swat - LCS variant (unless he doesn't die, then May will be the variant)

Captain Stacey/"first night spidey" - TRU

Gwen/Curt Connors - TRU

Not bad! Aunt May is the chase figure, though.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but i couldn't see it anywhere in this thread:

Do we have dates for when the pictures of Lizard, Gwen, Capt. Stacy, Connors & Vigilante Peter are expected to be released?

We've already seen the MU Lizard, as well as the Halloween MAsk/Gloves sets at ToyFair. Did the minimate get shown as well?

Everything should be out in June or thereabouts. Lizard Minimate is on the shelf and ready to be shot tomorrow.

I am thinking the assortment will be:

Spidey/Peter - shared

BD Spidey/Lizard -shared

Aunt May/Swat - LCS

Uncle Ben/Swat - LCS variant (unless he doesn't die, then May will be the variant)

Captain Stacey/"first night spidey" - TRU

Gwen/Curt Connors - TRU

Not bad! Aunt May is the chase figure, though.

I know my minimates! I was originally thinking that she might be the variant, but thought that she may have more screen time to warrant the non-variant spot.

... So does the amazing Karnak win anything? :P

I like the pinned up sleep on Curt Conners. Swap that lab coat out for one without an Oscorp logo on it, purple pants and black torso and I'll nearly be in business for a comic Curt!

much like those that came with the Lizard :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

i dont understand all the negative response to this movie? plenty of people have bitched about getting a more accurate spidey movie, then when we do everyone complains? :P

personally i hated tobey macguire, i hated the way they handled green goblin and all the other villains, this movie looks like the First Class of spiderman movies :)

lets see what we've got here:

1. Gwen Stacy before MJ and she's a science nerd so she can be close to parker

2. Parker's parents, they were barely mentioned in the original films though they have a big part in the comics

3. The Lizard, perfect villain to start things off, explains the neogenics behind the origin of spiderman and gives spidey a villain he doesnt want to but has to fight

4. Conners being parkers mentor, we saw a little of this in the original's, but conners seemed more angry with him

5. Spidermans webs are non-organic and he has actual web shooters built by him (FINALLY)

6. Oscorp plays a much bigger role

7. Spidermans costume design is mapped out through science rather then through his natural talent for sowing

8. by now i dont need an 8th thing :)

the mates look great, lizard looks awesome, LOVE the NYPD and stacy, conners will be a fun addition and all the accessories are epic

I don’t like that the Stacys (Stacies? Staci?) look nothing like Emma Stone or Dennis Leary.

I’m sure they’ll be fine as representations of the movie characters or the comic characters or whatever, but they don’t look they’ll work for Zombieland or Rescue Men fodder.

i dont understand all the negative response to this movie? plenty of people have bitched about getting a more accurate spidey movie, then when we do everyone complains? :P

personally i hated tobey macguire, i hated the way they handled green goblin and all the other villains, this movie looks like the First Class of spiderman movies :)

lets see what we've got here:

1. Gwen Stacy before MJ and she's a science nerd so she can be close to parker

2. Parker's parents, they were barely mentioned in the original films though they have a big part in the comics

3. The Lizard, perfect villain to start things off, explains the neogenics behind the origin of spiderman and gives spidey a villain he doesnt want to but has to fight

4. Conners being parkers mentor, we saw a little of this in the original's, but conners seemed more angry with him

5. Spidermans webs are non-organic and he has actual web shooters built by him (FINALLY)

6. Oscorp plays a much bigger role

7. Spidermans costume design is mapped out through science rather then through his natural talent for sowing

8. by now i dont need an 8th thing :)

the mates look great, lizard looks awesome, LOVE the NYPD and stacy, conners will be a fun addition and all the accessories are epic

I wouldn't call this a more accurate spidey movie. Some of your own point out it's not comic accurate

1. Gwen wasn't a science nerd

2. Parker's parents don't have a big part in the comics...there was a retcon in ASM that fleshed them out as CIA agents. If it's a bigger part then Miry will correct me i'm sure

3. neogenics? You are pulling this from Spider-man the animated series

7. Spider-man's costume was handmade sewn together in the comics (not counting big-time and iron spidey)