UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

I wouldn't mind a new Coulson. The first one's quality is pretty shoddy so I passed on him. His skin-tone is near orange, and the jacket piece is is an entirely different shade of black than the rest of him (yes both are very slight issues, but IMO they overall make him look cheap). PLUS a Destroyer gun is an absolute must.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coulson's quality is the only reason i would accept another. We don't need one though. Just swap a jacket and pretend he spent a little too much time in the desert with Thor. If they decide to give us another, put him in an exclusive.

Just got back from LCS, who gets things on Tuesday nights now, and picked up Maria Hill.

She's SO COOL. Like...possibly the best of the wave; can't put her down, which is surprising. A nice 616 stand-in too. Love her and the Smulders likeness.

A nice 616 stand-in too.

If only there were female SHIELD Minimates...

I still wish the male SHIELD guys had a back tampo that would have worked for either side you wanted. Oh well.

I thought Spider-girl made us hate back-boobs? :yucky:

I'll post some pics in a bit. Although, The General is the normal and Maria is the variant....so no extra body for Sharon for me. I'll do a pic quick custom when i put others up though.

Maria's the variant? Crap! Oh well, I should still be able to find one. Can't wait to get one. Been looking forward to her just as much as new Widow.

Same, i was shocked when i asked my LCS to hold 2 and he said he only got one of Maria. Shame, she's a fantastic figure.

(For those wondering, she has a very small bun on the back of her hair, so it's not entirely a bob. Accurate, but not entirely for a 616. You'd need an even shorter cut for 616 anyway, but i hate her comics "buzzcut" look so this works for me). All the SHIELD agents look great together though.

Maybe a battle-ravaged Coulson with Destroyer cannon? Maybe in a four pack with Banner, the Other, and "I'll have that drink now." Loki?

So I just got back from my second viewing, and can confirm that there are at least 2 scenes with Chitauri Generals.

The first scene is when the small bomb is thrown at Cap, the General is the alien that sets the bomb, gets its helmet knocked off by Cap, then drops and scrambles for the bomb. The unique chest plate and helmet are clear.

The second scene is when all the alien chariots converge on Hulk and start firing. The General is in the lead chariot and you can see it extend its arm to issue the command to fire. The unique helmet design is also visible.

I'm curious to see if others can point out other scenes with the Generals.

GH, looks like we have another 'mate to army build. :thumbsup:

I assume Maria Hill's SHIELD outfit is not the same color as the Wave 43 agents? Can't tell by the promo pic.

Much darker. It's not black or grey, or even the blue from IM2 Widow, but it's a deep dark blue. Way too dark to be the same as 616. Not saying it doesn't look nice next to them, but it's obvious their different. (and she has the Ultimates patch on her arm, of course)

@Zach, i wasn't sure if he was looking at them right when my LCS guy told me over the phone, but i can definitely confirm that there were 3 Generals on the shelf when i arrived.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always wished Hill was the variant. I'm planning on going out of my way to an LCS today to see what they have. With the success of the movie and the timing of these being released I don't expect them to sit ont he shelves for too long.

Edited by groundhog7s

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always wished Hill was the variant. I'm planning on going out of my way to an LCS today to see what they have. With the success of the movie and the timing of these being released I don't expect them to sit ont he shelves for too long.

Not a bad idea. Our sell-through at TRU has been phenomenal. And please tell us what you find -- I think it will be better for collectors AND sales if the General is more plentiful, especially given the new info youbastards has supplied, but I'm still not sure that's accurate.

if the General is more plentiful, especially given the new info youbastards has supplied, but I'm still not sure that's accurate.

Oat. I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

I could be wrong, but I went into my second viewing looking for these guys. We may not know for sure until the blu-ray is released.

Factory says that they shipped correctly. Maybe they got in three cases, TTF? Or maybe they were accidentally sent the wrong case breakdown?

Definitely only one case, that i know. Maybe i got unluckily lucky? I mean any other time 3 variants would be a great thing, but when you want multiple Hills...

Not a problem really, i do hope i am a one-off and everyone manages to fair off better. :thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

if the General is more plentiful, especially given the new info youbastards has supplied, but I'm still not sure that's accurate.

Oat. I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

I could be wrong, but I went into my second viewing looking for these guys. We may not know for sure until the blu-ray is released.

Oh, no, I think YOUR information is accurate, I just don't think the case assortment is. TTF saw three Generals, and the store says they only got one Maria Hill. So far, he's the only one reporting in.

But yes, I guess it depends on which one you want to army-build, female SHIELD agents or Chitauri Generals.