UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, we're supposedly going to be debuting the Hulk Minimate this Friday at 3 pm EST on Marvel.com, in a liveblog where you can ask questions (possibly via Twitter, but I'm not sure). Once I have the address, I'll let you all know.

I'm HOPING that we can also debut the rest of the TRU assortment. Not sure if that should be mentioned here or in a separate Avengers Movie Wave thread. Didn't see one.

show them and we will buy...

Oh who are you kidding, most will buy anyway.

I'm hoping they reveal who or whatever REDACTED is soon, I'm curious to see them.

Zach, I don't know if you can answer this, but will the Avengers Loki finally get a hairpiece? I felt like the Thor movie Loki 'mate suffered for not having it.

Don't expect to see the REDACTED for a loooong time. We may not actually be releasing any pictures until Wave 45 ships to specialty, and that should be around the date of the film's release. So you'll see them on eBay in March.

And I'm not seeing a hairpiece on the Loki design sheet, so we may be out of luck once again. Does anyone else have a mullet?

I hope something changes in regards to Loki. He has his helmet off the majority of the time, he needs a hairpiece more than most, and there's not really one that works from another 'mate that I can think of.

As you pointed out, he doesn't wear the helmet all that much, but this is the hairpiece I use for him. Close enough, really:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/acc.php?i=694&n=Tony+Stark+Hairpiece

Shame he won't be getting one, but the new Loki seems much more "regal" so maybe the helmet will look better.

Zach, do you know what kind of gold Loki will have?? Is it closer to Thor-Loki or new comic Odin?? Asking because Hasbro has him in vibrant, bright gold and it looks fantastic, hoping that's the case.

Oh, and when can we see Black Widow and Maria?? :wub:

I'm hoping they reveal who or whatever REDACTED is soon, I'm curious to see them.

Zach, I don't know if you can answer this, but will the Avengers Loki finally get a hairpiece? I felt like the Thor movie Loki 'mate suffered for not having it.

Don't expect to see the REDACTED for a loooong time. We may not actually be releasing any pictures until Wave 45 ships to specialty, and that should be around the date of the film's release. So you'll see them on eBay in March.

And I'm not seeing a hairpiece on the Loki design sheet, so we may be out of luck once again. Does anyone else have a mullet?

Domino???

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1013&n=Domino

FYI, we're supposedly going to be debuting the Hulk Minimate this Friday at 3 pm EST on Marvel.com, in a liveblog where you can ask questions (possibly via Twitter, but I'm not sure). Once I have the address, I'll let you all know.

I'm HOPING that we can also debut the rest of the TRU assortment. Not sure if that should be mentioned here or in a separate Avengers Movie Wave thread. Didn't see one.

The rest of the characters in the TRU wave are Fury, Widow, Hawkeye, and Loki, right?

Zach, do you know what kind of gold Loki will have?? Is it closer to Thor-Loki or new comic Odin?? Asking because Hasbro has him in vibrant, bright gold and it looks fantastic, hoping that's the case.

Oh, and when can we see Black Widow and Maria?? :wub:

You'll see Loki and BW tomorrow. Maria Hill won't be seen for a little while.

The rest of the characters in the TRU wave are Fury, Widow, Hawkeye, and Loki, right?

Yes. Oh, and the Liveblog looks like it's been moved to 2pm Eastern time, at this URL:

http://marvel.com/news/story/18052/sign_up_for_the_marvel_select_minimates_liveblog

Zach, think we'll see any of those "surprise" boxed sets this month at Toyfair?

Totally off-topic. Since most of them are retailer and/or convention exclusives, probably not.

So more relentless teasing, eh? You know the problem with prolonged teasing? The payoff had better be really, really good.

Zach, think we'll see any of those "surprise" boxed sets this month at Toyfair?

Totally off-topic. Since most of them are retailer and/or convention exclusives, probably not.

So more relentless teasing, eh? You know the problem with prolonged teasing? The payoff had better be really, really good.

Hey, he asked. I wasn't gonna mention them again.

And rest assured, no matter how good I think these sets are, I'm sure someone on here will say they could have been better.