UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 41

minijeff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget about Spiral! and before this X-Men bandwagon comes to a close I hope we get Dazzler (classic Disco outfit and 80s Outback costume variant) and Longshot minimates.

i swear i thought those were on my list when i was writing that....my computor has gremlins in it <_<

i know no Nessix usally by know he has chimed in oh today is a good for him and no hair or hide of him yet :)

Whatever happens, I am not in favor of an AOA Sinister/Ms Sinister setup. I think it's cool that we got so many AOA characters and all, but I'd hate to not get the classic 616 look this go-around, as I doubt they'll come back to him. I fear, however, that this outcome might be likely, with DST's desire to have both current characters and box set tie-ins in the line.

I only meant i'd be keen on him as the Variant. I wouldn't want to see him made at the expense of the 616 version.

Damn - 2010 has been good to this little X-Fan :)

And rather annoying to this non-X Fan... <_<

But last year was a good year, with Black Bolt and Captain Marvel and all, so it all evens out. We'd just better get a Kang/Black Knight set and a Squadron Supreme box set... :thumbsup:

Not a huge X-Fan, but I can appreciate much needed characters like Jubilee, Bishop, Mr. Sinister and (hopefully) Banshee and Sunfire.

But yeah, that Kang/Black Knight pairing is fast becoming my most wanted pairing ever. I hope we see those guys in 2011. And a Squadron Supreme set would be a lovely addition as well.

Don't forget about Spiral! and before this X-Men bandwagon comes to a close I hope we get Dazzler (classic Disco outfit and 80s Outback costume variant) and Longshot minimates.

i swear i thought those were on my list when i was writing that....my computor has gremlins in it <_<

Mojo stole them away for his ratings, honestly though Dazzler and Longshot, Spiral and Mojo would be fantastic additions to the Minimate family.

But yeah, that Kang/Black Knight pairing is fast becoming my most wanted pairing ever. I hope we see those guys in 2011. And a Squadron Supreme set would be a lovely addition as well.

Let the shipping wars begin.

And yeah, I wouldn't really like AOA Sinister in place of the 616 version. I've never heard of Ms Sinister and having AOA Sinister as the variant makes much more sense.

Not a huge X-Fan, but I can appreciate much needed characters like Jubilee, Bishop, Mr. Sinister and (hopefully) Banshee and Sunfire.

My main gripe isn't with these so much as the AoA stuff-- a storyline that lasted for three months from which we've gotten 12 Minimates. That's a lot. Between that, the X-Force stuff (both "classic" and modern), the New Mutants, and the Jim Lee team, there hasn't been a lot of balance between the X-Men and and the rest of the Marvel Universe.

And what's annoying is that, despite this, there still are several X-characters I want. Dazzler and Longshot especially, but also Banshee, Forge, classic Sunfire, Strong Guy, Moonstar... bah. Well, Mr. Sinister would have been on that list, so I'm not really complaining... well, I am, but I'm complaining more about the new TRU wave. ;)

Make Kang and Black Knight already, dammit!

My main gripe isn't with these so much as the AoA stuff-- a storyline that lasted for three months from which we've gotten 12 Minimates. That's a lot. Between that, the X-Force stuff (both "classic" and modern), the New Mutants, and the Jim Lee team, there hasn't been a lot of balance between the X-Men and and the rest of the Marvel Universe.

I think with the Thor, Cap, Avengers and Iron Man movies over the next couple of years there's going to be a lot of Avenger related focus through 2011 and 2012 and I suspect mutants will become the minority again (and it won't be the Scarlet Witch's fualt either).

Can we really not go a single series without a Spider-Man, Hulk or Iron Man? I'm not trying to be negative, but there's a Spider-Man in series 38, there's the one with the Lizard, and so on. I get it, he's a big name and he's cheap because he's just a coat of paint most of the time, but come on, they've announced four retreads in this series, and series 38 is mostly just new versions of people we've already got. The new characters we get are awesome, but I don't think it's too much to ask to see more than two in a series. The argument that "We have to put the big names in the series so people can get them and to appeal to new fans" is ludicrous when these are not found in major retail stores, the TRU series always has a healthy number of big names, and if anyone's going to randomly buy them they're ten times more likely to buy them from TRU not the local comic shop. And also, these big names are never gone long enough for anyone to miss them, they have put out two box sets featuring just big name heroes alone.

I get that DST is going to do this, but can we at least scale it back a bit? One big name in a series instead of three perhaps?

Whatever happens, I am not in favor of an AOA Sinister/Ms Sinister setup.

And yeah, I wouldn't really like AOA Sinister in place of the 616 version. I've never heard of Ms Sinister and having AOA Sinister as the variant makes much more sense.

That's not what he said:

I'm also totally on board with Sinister having the AoA variant OVER the Ms Sinister Variant

AoA instead of Ms.

616 would still be the regular figure.

Can we really not go a single series without a Spider-Man, Hulk or Iron Man? I'm not trying to be negative, but there's a Spider-Man in series 38, there's the one with the Lizard, and so on. I get it, he's a big name and he's cheap because he's just a coat of paint most of the time, but come on, they've announced four retreads in this series, and series 38 is mostly just new versions of people we've already got. The new characters we get are awesome, but I don't think it's too much to ask to see more than two in a series. The argument that "We have to put the big names in the series so people can get them and to appeal to new fans" is ludicrous when these are not found in major retail stores, the TRU series always has a healthy number of big names, and if anyone's going to randomly buy them they're ten times more likely to buy them from TRU not the local comic shop. And also, these big names are never gone long enough for anyone to miss them, they have put out two box sets featuring just big name heroes alone.

I get that DST is going to do this, but can we at least scale it back a bit? One big name in a series instead of three perhaps?

So what you are saying is that we get the same figures over and over again. Well Spidey didn't show up in a wave from 31-36. Nope no Hulk's in there either. What I don't understand is why some fans seem to think that what they want should be more important that what others want. I'm a huge Spidey/Hulk fan and love when they get included in the waves. I'm not big on the X-men stuff, but you will never hear me gripe about when they get included. Here's something novel, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

It never ceases to amaze me that, we are so damn lucky to have a line of figures that has gone on for so long and keeps expanding, yet there are always people who will pick apart each wave and complain about it. Just sit back and enjoy the fact that we are getting figures made that probably have never been in figure form before. There are always more waves coming down the pipe people.

Well said & as someone who does a fair bit of griping I have to agree with most of your post.

However....many of us have either got, or who have had the opportunity to buy ,nearly 40 different Wolverines/Logans/Patches etc. , nearly 40 different Spider-Man versions ,30 odd Iron Mans & about 15 or so Hulks ... perhaps we have every right to be a tad jaded by them. I,for one,will buy them all but don't expect me to get too ecstatic about it when we've had one Nick Fury ,Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver ,no Mimic,no Banshee,no Toad,no Blob & a baby Rhino.

Don't even bother trying to correct me on Fury <_<

So what you are saying is that we get the same figures over and over again. Well Spidey didn't show up in a wave from 31-36. Nope no Hulk's in there either. What I don't understand is why some fans seem to think that what they want should be more important that what others want. I'm a huge Spidey/Hulk fan and love when they get included in the waves. I'm not big on the X-men stuff, but you will never hear me gripe about when they get included. Here's something novel, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

It never ceases to amaze me that, we are so damn lucky to have a line of figures that has gone on for so long and keeps expanding, yet there are always people who will pick apart each wave and complain about it. Just sit back and enjoy the fact that we are getting figures made that probably have never been in figure form before. There are always more waves coming down the pipe people.

Spider-Man may not have appeared in those waves, but there were plenty of other Spider-Men being released in that time. Are you really going to argue that DST hasn't made a lot of Spider Man Minimates? This would seem to prove otherwise.

I agree with you that we should be happy to still be getting Minimates at all; I certainly never would have imagined that Marvel Minimates would have outlasted Marvel Legends. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with expressing disappointment in an announced assortment. Personally, I look forward to Minimate reveals, and when another Iron Man or Wolverine is announced, it bums me out because I know it will probably be another couple months before the guys I really want have a chance.

Finally, the "don't buy it" philosophy doesn't really apply to a toy that's released in two- and four- packs. It's not like you can just buy one and leave the rest of the pack behind.

Personally, I look forward to Minimate reveals,

Speaking of which, that pretty much takes us through 2011, doesn't it? Wave 38 (Shadowland) in March/April, Wave 39 (Thor) in July/August, and Wave 40 (newbie grab bag) in Oct/Nov (timeframes are optimistically estimated...)

I figure after TRU wave 10 in Feb/Mar, we'll get two, maybe three more waves, though, so there's still some mystery to look forward to. ;)

If we're creating an X-Men wishlist like I see a lot of on here...

90s Colossus

Forge

90s Banshee (w/ variant classic costume)

Pyro

Blob (comic)

Avalanche

Mystique (update)

Toad

Dazzler (w/ variant 80s outfit)

Longshot

Spiral (seriously, we have the piece to make her multi-arms now)

Mojo

90s X-Factor (since they're the only remaining X-Men related group from the 90s we haven't gotten anything of):

Havok

Polaris

Strong Guy

Wolfsbane

Multiple Man

Whatever happens, I am not in favor of an AOA Sinister/Ms Sinister setup.

That's not what he said:

I'm also totally on board with Sinister having the AoA variant OVER the Ms Sinister Variant

AoA instead of Ms.

616 would still be the regular figure.

I'm well aware. But we don't know which version of Sinister they'll use, and I'm voicing my opinion that I do not want AOA Sinister in place of the 616 version, and if they are going to do an AOA Sinister then it should be the variant.

Don't even bother trying to correct me on Fury <_<

And here i thought i was the only one who wanted a new 616 Nick. Hate Ultimate Fury, i much prefer Ultimate Carol to him. But 616 Nick will ALWAYS be the best director, and her needs an update.

Also:

HEY GUYS!!! GUESS WHAT!! Minimates are still around. I don't care who the hell is in the damn wave, we have 40 WAVES. That is the best fact of this, to me at least. ;)