UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weekly email I get from my LCS did not say anything about minimates for this week. I was hoping for at least the Thor builders from them. Most of that other stuff is coming from Luke.

Wave 39?! What happened to wave 38?

Thor movie mates got pushed ahead of Shadowland because it's more important it hits in a timely fashion and they didn't bother to renumber?

That makes sense I guess. But haven't we seen final packaging pics for both waves, which leads me to believe both of them should be showing up pretty lose together.

For me, Excalibur is coming next week. Our supplier is getting Series 39 next week as well, so I would have them the week after.

For those of us who ordered the set of 8, is it the same deal as before with those coming later from a different distributor?

Yes, and actually the only Series 39 sets shipping next week are the custom assortments, which only a few stores are able to get directly from Diamond. So from our store, the individual 2-packs and the full sets of 8 will probably ship at the same time in about 2-3 weeks, as I expect the standard assortments will be shipping shortly after the custom assortments.

So Luke are you getting the Excalibur sets from Diamond next week, or do you get them from another distributer who receives them this week and, in turn, gets them to you by next week? And, in a related question, will any LCS be getting them this week?

The only minimate items we currently get from another distributor are the custom assortments of the marvel waves. And starting with series 40, all of our minimate items will come directly from diamond. We will definitely have Excalibur in-hand next wednesday. I am not if other stores are getting them this week. Sometimes the releases are staggered by a week depending on the store's location in the US.

Just got this in.

excaliburset.jpg

Really liking the new Juggernaut and Nightcrawler. Don't know much about Excalibur except for a random issue I read in the 90s where they fight Looney Tune rip-offs so I'm not familiar with the other two characters.

If you guys have any questions, ask away!

These appear to come from the better factory as they don't have hideous tans. Nightcrawler's shoulder pieces are a bit brighter than the reds on his chest and crotch piece, though. Speaking of Nightcrawler's crotch piece, for some reason it really limits his leg articulation. What the hell...? EDIT: Never mind, managed to loosen the joint up a bit and now he has regular articulation.

BAMF.jpg

He comes with a BAMF! base, obviously.

kurtstail.jpg

I dunno if his tail is new or not as I never owned the original.

markoshairvsben.jpg

(For some reason the lighting really sucks in this picture.)

Here's Marko without his helmet on and next to the bulked-up Thing for a size comparison. I think with the helmet on he's probably the largest Marvel mate I have.

As for posability, he's about as articulated as said Thing. The huge boots do limit how far you can bend his knees but he isn't a statue. The helmet prevents him from looking up and down but with it off you do get some neck articulation.

Man, I can't get over how friggin' huge this mate is. He's really imposing especially compared to his former self before he started using EXTREME Bo-Flex:

oldvsnew.jpg

Edited by Brad Redfield

thanks! is juggy bigger than hulkbuster? can we see a pic of his back?

EDIT: also anyone notice, almost every mate getting the new beefed up peices is a reboot: thing, juggernaught, hulk.

i hope we get a new rhino out of this.

Edited by robomate

thanks! is juggy bigger than hulkbuster? can we see a pic of his back?

EDIT: also anyone notice, almost every mate getting the new beefed up peices is a reboot: thing, juggernaught, hulk.

i hope we get a new rhino out of this.

well yeah, they have gone out of their way to make bigger versions of characters they've already done, but really... once you've done one, you've got to do them all for consistency's sake. Amongst the re-done characters, it was Hulkbuster that started it... once we had him, we needed a Hulk worthy of fighting him, and now any future Hulk villains (re-done Abomination or Wendigo, perhaps?) will have to be to scale with the wave 41 version.

looking at my shelves, you certainly right that Rhino is the next guy we need re-done, and I'm sure he'll turn up sooner rather than later... they get to pair him with a Spidey after all.

Anyway... I think these look fantastic, albeit bittersweet seeing them on the same day as the disappointing flawed factory Thor mates.

Question - what colour plastic are Jugg's shoulder and hand pieces? they look fleshy... I'm thinking of getting a spare set to, er... bulk up my Blob, so to speak

They're pretty much the same color as regular minimate flesh.

I also agree that we need a bulked-up Rhino. The original looks absolutely puny compared to the other Spidey mates. (Venom should never be bigger than Rhino. :P)

Rhino and Abomination are really the only other beefed-up mates I want after Wave 41 Hulk though a Wendigo would be pretty cool. A bulked-up classic Blob would be fantastic, too.

Also, I don't own the Hulkbuster mate so I wouldn't know if he's bigger than Juggs or not.

cheers Brad, though I realise I didn't make that clear at all... are they actually cast in the flesh coloured plastic, as in... it is just the brownish detail that painted on top, right?

I've got to agree with you guys, having had a good look my collection, after Abomination, Rhino and Colossus I can't think of anyone '616' who needs a bulked-up version.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on this set.

It just mystifies me why DST don't just make a decent box-set of the big guys & have done with it? I never thought the Sentinels would sell but hey what would I know but having Sentinels smaller than Juggernaut just makes this vicious circle, spiral .

I keep thing about Michael McGowans infamous "DST know what they're doing" post & I just...... wonder :unsure: