UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

That's 5 lots of packaging pics we had this week, that's gotta be some kind of record......

Wow, I'm going to be broke in about 6-8 weeks... :(

That might evoke some sympathy if you hadn't just posted a photo of your three Gold Spideys! :P

From what I can see these look great, and a BAMF would rock...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing of Meggan and her power set does any of here powers manifest as a pinky colour?

Meg's powers have been a bit all over the place. First of all she was primarily a shape shifter but her powers were empathy based, so if she was cold she would grow fur and when she was attracted to Nightcrawler she began to look more like Nightcrawler (In fact her blond haired blue eyed looks are based on Captain Britain's idea of a perfect female then what she actually looks like). She can also change shape like other shape shifters (Morph etc) but doesn't really like doing this. Then it was revealed that her powers were linked to the earth (especially the British isles) so she could draw strength from the earth and become super strong, she could even grow to Galactus size but she would eventually rip the earth apart doing this. Towards the end of the Excalibur book she could pretty much do anything with her ill defined earth spirit powers including firing bolts of energy and controlling weather.

So to answer your question basically she could have almost any sort of lightning or bolt attachment of any colour and still be accurate.

Ears for Cap B?

a BAMF base for Nightcrawler?

A female character who is smiling sweetly because it actually reflects her character as written in the books for a change?

This set just might be an A+ after all . . . . Colour me excited!

• 3 weeks later...

that is a shame, I really am looking forward to these.

was just having another look at the packaging pics, and do hope they've not all got the Juggy eye problems k80 picked up on, or the sloppy, not quite finished, black lines on Meggan's arms. That said, not huge problems... just, y'know... give us our mates already!

EDIT - oh, I meant to say, I also just noticed Cap's head is now a standard piece, instead of the slip-over mask from the proto shots. Don't know if anyone noticed/cares.

Edited by bobafett

EDIT - oh, I meant to say, I also just noticed Cap's head is now a standard piece, instead of the slip-over mask from the proto shots. Don't know if anyone noticed/cares.

I had not noticed. That's a shame, but they really dropped the ball in his mask the first time around, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Slightly off Minimate topic, but am I the only one that thinks of the Tick whenver I see Captain Britain?

Not any more. Now I want the Tick and Arthur in Minimate form.

Back on topic, after getting the bulked up thing, I'm less enthusiastic about Juggernaut. The slip on pieces just don't quite work for me. Why, oh why, can we not just get 2.5 inch Mates?

Slightly off Minimate topic, but am I the only one that thinks of the Tick whenver I see Captain Britain?

Not any more. Now I want the Tick and Arthur in Minimate form.

Back on topic, after getting the bulked up thing, I'm less enthusiastic about Juggernaut. The slip on pieces just don't quite work for me. Why, oh why, can we not just get 2.5 inch Mates?

FYI-- Luke's got a great Tick decal at the Factory; I think it's on the Cubeecraft page.

I feel exactly the same way. The bulky 2-inchers feel like an overly complicated solution to a very simple problem. It's especially galling when you have a properly-scaled Kilowog, Bane, Clayface, and Killer Croc staring at you from the same shelf.

I understand the bulk-up is a spit-and-chickenwire way to skirt the (apparently) rigid scale requirements of the Marvel license. It's just not very satisfying.

I'm not even sure the scale requirements are that rigid anymore. From Q&A 113:

Tim Taylor

Hey Chuck, Just thought I’d drop you a line to ask why you refer to minimates as being ” 2.5” tall” in your press releases? Also good job with the success of getting minimates into TRU and mixing up the lines so they are not just retreads of the specialty shop waves. T.

DSTChuck: Minimates are a 2 ½ inch format so we can add larger heads (leader) or feet and make them taller , the most we would go is 2 ½ inches. I am glad you like the mix, we’ve been working pretty hard on it and while its not perfect I do think we’re getting better.

You have the 2.5 inch body, DST. You don't have to add larger heads or feet to make them taller. Just use the flipping 2.5 inch body if that is the most you will go. Then we can have bigger Minimates that actually look like Minimates. Sigh.

that does include any add-ons, meaning that, if they wanted to release Marvel mates with the 2.5" body, they'd all have to be vanilla mates; no hair or Rhino horn making them that bit taller.

unless you mean the 2.5" body with the standard 2" mate's head, limbs, etc? ...that'd be unusual

I didn't think about hair, etc, putting them just over the line. I actually wouldn't mind seeing smaller heads on the 2.5 body if it meant we got better 'Mates. The DC line did it pretty damn perfectly. I definitely think DST could achieve something much better using the 2.5" body than creating all these add-on parts for the 2 inch body.

big heads, little heads, 2.5" or bulky 2" -ers... I really don't mind, as long as we get all the larger characters done in the same way, it'd be a shame to get a 2.5" Hulk with no big villains to fight, etc.

getting well off topic now, but there's nothing more I'd like to see than a few articulated, say... 5" mates, Giant Man, Apocalypse, etc... I don't think any price would put me off.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else notice that this is on Diamonds shipping list for the 16th? Is this a west coast only thing?

I just saw this myself. If you look at Diamonds shipping list it also shows Marvel wave 39 along with Excalibur set, the Thor army builder and BTTF 25 anniv set. Wave 39?! What happened to wave 38?