UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

I'm not sure if I agree about the cut-out eyes for Cap Britain, because his eyes are completely white (at least, as I remember him during the Davis Excalibur period). Maybe if they gave him a reversible head where the back side gave him white pupils. . .

No, not the eyes, but the mouth area. The eyes should probably be sculpted in the mask, but the tampo was just fine. Sorry that wasn't clearer.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was like a Christmas morning...in the afternoon for me with my order from BBTS consisting of the Excalibur set, Uncanny X-Force set, and all of wave 38 aka Shadowland showing up as well as finding the TRU Thor movie minimates earlier today.

That Toad sure is swell. Blob too.

The simpler (not meant as an insult) and more effective the custom, the more aggravated I am when a character hasn't been made.

Seeing that Toad just gave me an ulcer.

Amen! Those are two of the most classic and iconic x-villains around. i'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen DST put them out already.

Excalibur ranked 2nd on the first Unofficial Marvel Box Set Poll . . . and the brotherhood seems to be doing pretty well in round one of the 2011 poll, so maybe we'll see Toad made sooner, rather than later?

Amen! Those are two of the most classic and iconic x-villains around. i'm honestly surprised that we haven't seen DST put them out already.

Excalibur ranked 2nd on the first Unofficial Marvel Box Set Poll . . . and the brotherhood seems to be doing pretty well in round one of the 2011 poll, so maybe we'll see Toad made sooner, rather than later?

Let's hope so. :)

Toad, Blob, Pyro, Avalanche - Four characters who there is no reason for us not to have 40+ waves and dozens of boxsets in. I guess technically we have Blob, but you know what I mean.

Agreed. There's a boxset they could do right there. A Brotherhood of Mutants set, though an updated Mystique would be cool, too. >_>

I thought the quality of this set was kind of middle of the road. In my set Meggans head wobbles around quite a bit on her neck peg. I also felt the need to take a sharpie and fill in the missing tampo area on her arms. Nightcrawler's shoulder thingies and the red on his body could have been matched a bit better as well. I guess I'm just wondering if everyone's was like this or am I special?

I thought the quality of this set was kind of middle of the road. In my set Meggans head wobbles around quite a bit on her neck peg. I also felt the need to take a sharpie and fill in the missing tampo area on her arms. Nightcrawler's shoulder thingies and the red on his body could have been matched a bit better as well. I guess I'm just wondering if everyone's was like this or am I special?

I got a couple sets and all were about the same as you explained.Nightcrwaler's red on his chest could have been brighter to match his shoulder thingies :) .Two out of three Meggans I have open her heads are also loose.I know this is nitpicking a little but on meggans hair in the front theres a tiny little piece of plastic that did not get cut off when her hair was being made at the factory i took a knife and shaved it and it realy helps make her look better.All 3 of my meggans had this on her hair

I got my set this weekend. I love Nightcrawler. Mine has fairly bright chest. Based on the pictures posted, I was pretty worried, but I can't complain. He's pretty great. I do wish that the foot peg on the bamf base weren't centered thought. Meggan is ok Slightly loose head and the foot issue are present on mine. Juggernaut... he's big, which is great, but his helmet is an epic fail. I removed the thigh armor on mine- at least a little bit of the Minimate form can come through. I'll be tracking down an old Juggs to partswap and hopefully get something a little better. Captain Britain showcases what is wrong with the way Minimats are "scaled". He looks like a tiny little kid compared to everyone else in this set. I think as a stand alone, Capt. Britain looks good. It's just next to everyone else that he looks so puny. Little things like gloves and the slip on mask go a long way to add some extra mass.

So... Anyone given Nightcrawler a sword yet? I know there isn't an accurate sword out there for him yet, though if we get the Minimate Pirate sets, or even the sword that Fandal looks like he'll come with in the movie Thor line, then he'll have one for swashbuckling adventure. XD

i tried giving him some of deadpools katanas but they were to small, maybe ill try the hand ninjas swords

The sword that comes with the Asguadian Guard fits descent in Nightcrawler's hand if you have one.

mine turned up yesterday (from Luke's), and must say I'm delighted with them. Having convinced myself something would be wrong, they're all essentially perfect.

I say essentially, as Cap B is still rubbish, and of corse Jugg's head does't line up with the helmet... but these were always going to be present. The chestpiece is not the problem, as it still doesn't line up without it on. Think I'm going to sand paper the inside of the helmet a little, until they line up.

mine turned up yesterday (from Luke's), and must say I'm delighted with them. Having convinced myself something would be wrong, they're all essentially perfect.

I say essentially, as Cap B is still rubbish, and of corse Jugg's head does't line up with the helmet... but these were always going to be present. The chestpiece is not the problem, as it still doesn't line up without it on. Think I'm going to sand paper the inside of the helmet a little, until they line up.

If only Jugg's facial tampo had been applied a little higher on the head, we wouldn't have this issue. Alas....:confused:

If only Jugg's facial tampo had been applied a little higher on the head, we wouldn't have this issue. Alas....:confused:

aye, exactly... exactly. Still, lovely set... lovely