UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Excalibur Box Set

storm 1:08

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say after getting nightcrawler i do have a sense of completion in my x-men collection, sure there are many less major characters i want but out of the core x-men i feel almost satisfied, banshee,sunfire (GSXM), dazzler and updated colossus are the only big wants for my xmen collection.

Nightcrwaler its awesome, my xmen team its ALMOST complete, cĀ“mon DST you know we need: Banshee, Forge, Dazzler and Longshot !!

The other day I went through a comprehensive list and took note of what X-Men I'm still wanting DST to make, the list was

Banshee

Forge

Dazzler

Longshot

... lots more villais though please

Nightcrwaler its awesome, my xmen team its ALMOST complete, cĀ“mon DST you know we need: Banshee, Forge, Dazzler and Longshot !!

The other day I went through a comprehensive list and took note of what X-Men I'm still wanting DST to make, the list was

Banshee

Forge

Dazzler

Longshot

... lots more villais though please

I'd also like a 616 Sunfire and an updated Thunderbird (after getting some new characters, of course!).

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also like a 616 Sunfire and an updated Thunderbird (after getting some new characters, of course!).

You know, technically that AOA Sunfire can double as a current 616 Sunfire. As per Milligan's X-Men run a few years ago and Shiro's run-in with Apocalypse.

Just pointing it out to be ornery. :)

You know, technically that AOA Sunfire can double as a current 616 Sunfire. As per Milligan's X-Men run a few years ago and Shiro's run-in with Apocalypse.

Just pointing it out to be ornery. :)

The less said about that ridiculous 616 costume change, the better. Shiro's costume/containment suit in the AoA was designed by Magneto - not A-poc. It was in line with Magneto's costume designs for his core strike team.

Seeing it appear in the 616 because he met Apocalypose? <_<

Edited by Nessex

Nope. Looks like garbage, IMO. Hated the character until AoA because of it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I hated him but I generally agree with Tenime. The AoA redesign really sold the character to me. Before, I thought he should be called Sunfirefish. I just couldn't get over the mask. Sorry. But speaking objectively, I think the goofy mask would make him kinda interesting as a minimate if executed well. I'm not going out of my way to sign a petition for him to be made, though.

Did anyone even care about sunfire until the new look in AOA. It was a great design. I think he appeared in two storylines after the whole Giant sized xmen storyline. Also, he had that horrible costume during Whilce Portacio's run during the Mikhail Rasputin storyline. That one was awful. it looks like a precursor to phalanx

sunfirebigcostume02.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gotta love a samurai mullet

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

I generally don't have strong feelings much about secondary comic characters, but I did like Sunfire's old-school look and think it would make a fantastic Minimate. It is a look that I knew as a kid and have continued to like. And he was a key X-Men ally from the 70s and 80s, and those are always welcome (as are their villains).

Sunfirex.PNG

Same goes for Hellcat and Nighthawk. Not characters I care much about, but colorful, classic designs that I think would be awesome as Minimates.

hellcat-marvel-comics.jpg

Nighthawk2.jpg

How 'bout a classic Sunfire, Banshee, Hellcat and Nighthawk set to fix up our GXM and Defenders ranks?

:)

Sounds like a fine line up to me. I'd get all of them. Classic Sunfire has always been one of my favorite costumes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah... I don't mind using the AoA one as a fill-in for now, but I too think I'd prefer a classic Sunfire.

Giant-Size X-Men #1 (or rather a much cheaper reprint of it, lol) was one of the first comic books I read and actually understood as a child. And by that I mean, I was a child of the 90s... a time when comic books didn't seem very kid friendly, and got very muddled up and confusing with... time travel... big mullets... lots of pockets... and more X-Men teams than any sane human could ever hope to follow.

That said, I got into X-Men through the cartoon... and tried making the leap to the comics of the day... but my not yet developed child brain found them VERY hard to relate to or even follow at that age. So what worked for me... rather than the new release rack... was the old 25 cent bin at my local comic book store. Because... the quarter bin had lots of old books. With simpler plots from a simpler time. Instead of cataclysmic events that warped all of reality permanantly or children born of time traveling futures... The old comics mostly just involved good guys fighting bad guys and super heroes trying to sell you Hostess Fruit Pies. (Love those ads btw).

In any event, I found a reprint of Giant Size #1 in those bins way back when, read it, followed it, loved it... and it's always been one of the books that really helped launch my love of X-Men and comic books in general... alongside the 90s X-Men cartoon. So I love that team, and those looks... and because of that my ideal set of X-Men lies somewhere between Giant Size #1 and Jim Lee...

I'd love to buy a real copy of Giant Size #1 when I'm rich someday... for that reason.

Damn - this is bit of a disappointing set.

Nightcrawler looks great . . . but i already had a pretty decent Nightcrawler from the GSXM set.

Meggans hair sits a bit low which can be fixed with some blu-tak, but het paint aps are a bit sloppy. You can see where thay've cheaped out on her (the black not continuing around the arms, the miss-applied foot & hand paint).

Juggy looks good but it's a shame his face doesn't meet up with his helmet.

Cap B is pretty weak compared to the first round out.

Still - beats not having Meggan at all. I just wish they hand't wasted a spot with Cap B - he really looks average.

:(