UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Zach, your mission is to get a Minimate Multiverse plug into future articles and interviews. :thumbsup:

It is cool that this line is getting a lot of notice. I must admit that its more attention than I thought it would get.

I thought it would happen naturally, but I'm fighting for every inch! And I will try to work the Multiverse into the next interview. It's really a bragging point for us, that it even exists.

But it seems like there's new people joining Multiverse every day, not to mention actually participating in discussions. I accidentally hit "New Content" while checking my private messages on a regular basis, and I always see one or two new sign-ons.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some pics of Takara's new Beast Saga stuff. Honestly? I prefer Minimates if only for the articulation. But then, I'm biased.

I'm with you, Minimate versions look way better to me. The dice in the chest thing kinda ruins it for me.

As for this wave 1, still not crazy about the humans (but I haven't read the comic yet so that may change) but I'm loving every beast I see! I definitely want both specialty and TRU wave much to my wallet's objections

February is a surprise for me, and even the January date I'm seeing in the system is unfortunate if true. I think we still want to get them out this year, but we'll see what happens...

Seems the battle to get these out is turning beastly!

T.

Hey Zach, if DST made a BB minimate, only for this site,think you would sell a lot? I know this wouldn't happen but, just for my curiosity.

Making it for this site in what way? The site has no store, so would it sell only to board members, through the board itself? Would it somehow sell to other people who weren't board members? Or would we be the ones selling it? Would we only be allowed to sell to board members exclusively, or can we sell it to anyone and we just write "MMMV" on a cape or something? None of those things have ever happened, so it's hard to say how many we would sell.

We still don't know how many Battle Beasts we'll sell to all comic shops everywhere, let alone to MMMV members. Granted, the MMMV probably has the highest percentage of people who are aware the line even exists. But I have no idea how many MMMV'ers currently collect a line that has only one official release. Fewer than collect Marvel Minimates, that's for sure. Is there a poll somewhere in which MMV members voted on which lines they collect? I'd be curious to see a breakdown of that.

I hope we do lots of exclusives with the line, even if it's just different colored animals. I also hope to someday come up with a way to recognize the Multiverse in some small, tangible way. Not sure BB is the way.

Thank god these come out in december.I still need to buy the summer releases and then buy the winter releases.These mates sure look awesome! I really like the overly sculpted figures like the tarantula and the snake and the scorpion! Everything looks phenomenal.This line turned into my favorite!

Uh... I meant just recognize MMMV, like the cape thing. Also, it's cool that you want to recognize the verse.

No idea how we can recognize MMMV in Battle Beasts. Maybe the Beast homeworld is a cube.

How about you put Shanes likeness into the background in one of the battle beast comics (wearing an MMV logo shirt),

It would be even better if you took that ball and ran with it so: A) he was eventually made into a minimate and B ) His backstory is that he is a conspiracy-theorist/nutter who has their own website that obsesses about battle beast sightings and speculation...

Basically art immitating life ;)

T.

OMGosh !!! I saw the BB series 1 and I was like: WOW !!! I hope of getting the whole set! Im thinking of going hard core on this one.