UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Im hearing about this gold vorin.... I cant find it on ebay. Is it like a ultra rare vorin mate ? :confused:

Who has read the comic? Is it any good? Im still wanting to get it (But saving up for BB series 1 (2 of each box set) .

Comic is excellent, and only $4. Gold is not ultra-rare, just handed out at an exclusive event. There are currently four to be won in the Minimates 10th Anniversary Contest in the Contests forum.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hearing about this gold vorin.... I cant find it on ebay. Is it like a ultra rare vorin mate ? :confused:

Who has read the comic? Is it any good? Im still wanting to get it (But saving up for BB series 1 (2 of each box set) .

Comic is excellent, and only $4. Gold is not ultra-rare, just handed out at an exclusive event. There are currently four to be won in the Minimates 10th Anniversary Contest in the Contests forum.

Nice contest plug there Zach... I knew there was a reason we kept you around! :thumbsup:

T.

So I'm sitting here playing with my red and blue Vorins and I'm wondering what is on the back of the shield? I've read two reviews that called the protrusion a second handle and while that does seem to allow the SDCC Vorin with the lowered cape to be able to hold the shield in a more upright position, it doesn't really look like a handle and seems to fit into the hand better with the shield upside down. I thought it might be able to be plugged into the hole on the back, but the hole is a little too small. (But that woulda been pretty cool)

I was just wondering if that really is a second handle and if it's not, what is it for? (I may be over thinking the whole design here)

My assumption at this point has always been it's to make a Power Rangers type combined weapon. A big cannon basically. Gruntos' has the axe thingy, that becomes the barrel. Merk's knives or whatever they are becomes either the handle and trigger or some form of an aiming sight and Vorin's shield goes on top to add stability and some kind of badass aesthetic factor to it to look cool and whatnot. Of course, this comes from someone who has just watched way too many of those kinds of shows in his life, along with super robot shows and as such sees just about everything as a combining weapon or robot.

Edited by The Geohound

Not the sword. The sword is its own entity. It's got to combine with the rest of the team. If he could just combine his own weapons by himself all the time, he'd just be way too powerful. Also, If I'm right and Zach reads this, Here's to you, buddy. Yell a nice loud "Dammit!" just from me.thumbsup.gif

Edited by The Geohound

Still waiting on the one from digger (the only one I prob will ever keep in the package since he signed it lol) but I got my goldie today from the lady that seems to have a horde of them on ebay ;D

IMG_20120725_112835.jpg

thought I would share these as well.. wating on my SDCC cover and Lukes cover to ship but got frames waiting for them as well. the ashcan is signed from SDCC ;)

IMG_20120725_165816.jpg

Hate to break it to your designers, Zach, but Horus' Ra's Merk's legs bend the wrong direction.

I think it's more a case of the minimate legs missing a third segment before the feet. from the knee down to the 3rd segment looks the minimate, there's just that last part of the leg that goes forward that's missing

BattleBeasts03.jpg

Still waiting on the one from digger (the only one I prob will ever keep in the package since he signed it lol) but I got my goldie today from the lady that seems to have a horde of them on ebay ;D

IMG_20120725_112835.jpg

Unless you feel it may damage the Gold Vorin would you please confirm what colour plastic is beneath what I believe to be the gold paint ? This should be fairly easy to ascertain without pulling the guy completely apart .Thankyou.