UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

So according to DST, "flashback" Terminator will ship in a future assortment, but isn't the T-800 that's packed with the exoskeleton the newly mixed up series 1 "flashback" Termintor? He's wearing the right colours and he's missing his left eye. Somebody please clear all the confusion for me. :wacko:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all as clear as mud to me. I'm still going to buy all that I can get hold of. I just hope I can get hold of the Arnie with the rail gun that one looks cool.

BBTS still say that the single T-800 Battle Damaged comes with Gatlin Gun :biggrin: fingers crossed

In any case all I'm seeing is DST *prematurely* swamping the early releases with Ahhnuld/miscellaneous Terminator variants. Of course we all knew this was inevitable given the nature of the line and (previously) the Marvel line's usual Spidey/Wolvie fatigue. Still, I was really hoping Sarah and John would see release from the get-go as they were pretty much the few semblances of civvie "variety" in the otherwise testosterone-fueled first wave... Oh for crying out loud, this is a Terminator wave I'm talking about. I should probably shut up now.

While all this is probably true, I am worried that with such a large inundation of Ahhnulds and Endoskeletons that this may be the only wave that is released. Everyone will be saddled with too many left over sets and the low sales will result in not enough pre-orders for wave two. Then all we are left with for T2 is an over-priced exclusive, five Arnolds, an incomplete T-1000 and some other foder. No age appropriate John. No battled-damaged Sarah. No Flashback Arnold to fight Reese. Grrrr. <_<

Oh well, I will buy them all. At least a few times over. :thumbsup:

Packaged pic of the singles:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...ator_mm_pkg.jpg

Anybody know of a website that's still taking pre-orders for this? My LCS only orders minimate boxed sets...

Ask them to order you a whole display thingy then ebay or trade the figures you dont use.

Packaged pic of the singles:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-content/u...ator_mm_pkg.jpg

Anybody know of a website that's still taking pre-orders for this? My LCS only orders minimate boxed sets...

You can order each figure individually from Scifigenre.com. I have ordered from them dozens of times with no problems.

EDIT: Fixed link.

Edited by luke314pi

Question: Which version of the Final Battle T-800 do you think we will see at retail. I've attached this composite pic of 3 different versions of the same mate, each with a subtle or major difference.

post-85-1240144561_thumb.jpg

• The T-800 on the left is shown on TRU.com. It clearly shown clear orange legs to recreate the scene were he is being lowered into the smelting pool at the metal foundary.
  • The T-800 on the top right was shown at the NY Toy Fair 2009 and clearly has painted black legs with a cybernetic knee tampo on his left leg (is this just a prototype?)
  • Lastly, the pic on the bottom right shows the Final Battle T-800 with black plastic legs and NO knee tampo.

So... which do you think it'll be? Maybe the orange legged version might be another TRU variant? I hope the final version is the painted legs with knee tampo.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I hope the final version is the painted legs with knee tampo.

Agreed. I am thinking this will be the version for specialty shops, and TRU will get the clear orange legged version. At least this is what I hope, because I want both versions. :)

Edited by luke314pi

I just thought of something. Is there a chance the set will come with 2 sets of legs? Maybe?

Stranger things have happened. :) That would be really cool if it did.

Commented on that back when these showed up for pre-order on TRU.com. That was my theory on the matter, and god i hope it comes true. :)

Either are great though. Awsome set of 'mates.

• 2 weeks later...
These are out at my TRU. UPC: 244964

Where were they located, by the Playmates Terminator stuff or somewhere else?

dam I can feel the pain...after calling in help on the wolverine stuff it looks like I'll be doing it again for these...cant wait to see some pics, never mind getting my hands on these! great find!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Didn't get any. No $$$ after this past weekend. :(

Dude that is no excuse....when you see new minimates and can be the first to share pictures here... what you DON'T DO is let no money get in your way.

What you DO is obtain money in any manner available. including but not limited to

-begging parents, guardians, grandparents

-sell your blood, semen, bone marrow.

-prostitue the female members of your family.

-beg at an overpass

-asking your boss for an advance

-refianance your home

-commit a felony by strong arming the store using an automatic weapon

moc847

*please note: moc847 esq. does not really recommend breaking or even bending the law in any manner, be it felony or misdemeanor. All rights reserved