UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

Yeah McFarlane toys ran into that same problem with their original T-800 in their Movie Maniacs line. They ended up ripping off more of his face so he was mostly unrecognizable. I really hope DST doesn't run into this problem as well.

That is also why we have this.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the whole issue is a little easier to skirt around with a Minimate release, since they can't get but so close to an individual likeness anyway, due to it being lines drawn on a semi flat surface instead of actually mirroring the intricate details of a person's face.

Still, we've apparently run into some likeness issues in the past regarding the BSG line, if I recall correctly, so who knows for sure.

I imagine the whole issue is a little easier to skirt around with a Minimate release, since they can't get but so close to an individual likeness anyway, due to it being lines drawn on a semi flat surface instead of actually mirroring the intricate details of a person's face.

Still, we've apparently run into some likeness issues in the past regarding the BSG line, if I recall correctly, so who knows for sure.

Supposedly Michael J. Fox won't let his likeness be used by anyone, so I have also thought that Minimates/Kubricks might be an exception for the reason that you say, but. . .I don't know for sure. The Marty Minimates probably could have looked much more like the real deal than they actually did.

Edited by karamazov80

Speaking of BTTF, I think the John Connor mate could pass for the Marty McFly mate. Having said that, if they could combine Terminator and Back To The Future, that would be the coolest movie crossover ever. You know it could work.

LOL. Ahnold would probably be too heavy for the Delorean anyways.

I was JUST thinking about the Marty McFly/John Connor likeness, and was planning on having their minimates be kinda like best friends in the minimate comic in my head... although John Connor would probably pass too well for a "Grunge" Marty also :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider

Speaking of BTTF, I think the John Connor mate could pass for the Marty McFly mate. Having said that, if they could combine Terminator and Back To The Future, that would be the coolest movie crossover ever. You know it could work.

Don't forget the borg they can time travel....Borgminator's, "Come with me if you want to be assimilated"

come to think of it i've used that line on a girl once :thumbsup:

Well done MMHQ on getting exclusive wave pics, that's awesome for the profile and visibility of your site! Makes all the hard work worth it, I'd imagine :)

I have to say my favourite of these is Battle Damaged Sarah Connor, she's just about perfect :D

looks like we are not getting a police man minmate :(

We're getting the T-1000 in silvery cop form in the singles pack, although probably the only place where he'd pass for a civilian cop would be whichever planet the Silver Surfer came from :P

We're getting the T-1000 in silvery cop form in the singles pack, although probably the only place where he'd pass for a civilian cop would be whichever planet the Silver Surfer came from :P

Okay lemme get this straight:

There is this wave, and a six pack.

So what are these single you're talking about?

Okay lemme get this straight:

There is this wave, and a six pack.

So what are these single you're talking about?

Um, you're a little off. There hasn't been a box set fianlized (though there will probably be one soon) but the 6 others pics revealed are SINGLES. Just to clear that up.

And, to keep this going, BEST WAVE EVAH. That T-1000 is great, and i has to be that new scuplt that AA discussed. Sarah looks awsome too, with all that BD.

And it's good to know that we're getting Arnie.

I wonder if DST might, MIGHT just pack final battle T-1000 along the same lines as McFarlane Toys did way back in their Movie Maniacs line. The blown up T-1000 torso came packed with a regular (non blown up) torso and those cool hook arms he used in the hospital escape chase scene. I know it's a lot to cram into a minimate pack, but we can dream damn it, can't we?

As for wave one.... I'm screaming like a little girl. Freakin' sweet!

BTW, the Kyle Reese looks kinda generic and nothing, NOTHING like Michael Biehn. Face is off and the hair is all wrong.

post-85-1232154242_thumb.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I wonder if DST might, MIGHT just pack final battle T-1000 along the same lines as McFarlane Toys did way back in their Movie Maniacs line. The blown up T-1000 torso came packed with a regular (non blown up) torso and those cool hook arms he used in the hospital escape chase scene. I know it's a lot to cram into a minimate pack, but we can dream damn it, can't we?

As for wave one.... I'm screaming like a little girl. Freakin' sweet!

BTW, the Kyle Reese looks kinda generic and nothing, NOTHING like Michael Biehn. Face is off and the hair is all wrong.

post-85-1232154242_thumb.jpg

Agreed on both accounts. It'd save on us having to get another T-1000, though the head would be off on a regular one. 0-o

Don't you gyus mean the other 5 announced are singles, the 5 seen here:

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/ima...amp;ImageNo=001

I don't know that it has been actually said if the wave 1 figures are going to be single box releases or 2 packs.

Drgn's post at the HQ said:

Diamond Select Toys recently revealed products based on the Terminator 2 movie, including an assortment of single-packed Terminator Minimates. Speculation has spread on just what else we might see from the license, with box sets being the odds on favorite.

Well, we here at Minimate Headquarters, thanks largely in part to our good friends at Diamond Select Toys, are proud to reveal the line-up for the first wave of Minimate figures based on the Terminator franchise (click for larger images)

He seems to be suggesting that those JonesMinis linked to will be single boxed versions, but he is more vague about the "wave 1" releases. They seem like 2 packs, based on the way they are shown together on the HQ page.

Allow me to clarify:

The mates shown on MMHQ are from the first wave of Terminator minimates. These are 2-packs in much the same way as Marvel, BSG, Star Trek, etc. All other images shown are either from the upcoming Terminator single packs or from an unknown future product.

I thought that DST was releasing an army building case along the same lines as previous Cylon sets. The future John Connor will be packed one per case.

The stuff on MMHQ will be wave one of (hopefully) an ongoing series. That's my take on it.