UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T-2: Wave 1 announced!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that was French...

So, does getting a license like this pave the way for more sci-fi movies that usually get released from companies that do Terminator figures? Predator? Aliens? Robocop? These movies always seem to come out together.

God I hope so. And once those come out, we need horror-Mates!

I didn't know that was French...

So, does getting a license like this pave the way for more sci-fi movies that usually get released from companies that do Terminator figures? Predator? Aliens? Robocop? These movies always seem to come out together.

I would punch a box of kittens for a Robocop minimate.

(Wow. How lady-like :lol:)

Speaking of movie licenses, which company owns the Terminator franchise? I know it's bounced around for every movie, so I wonder who's is possesion now? Anybody know?

It looks like Warner Brothers owns the rights to Terminator: Salvation, but I don't know if they own the earlier movies in the franchise or not. It would make sense, but sometimes there are goofy ownership splits, like how Paramount owns the first eight Friday the 13th films, while New Line owns the rest.

The Final Battle T-1000 looks um...interesting, hopefully he comes with a regular Minimate torso to swap out and a non shocked face as well. Other than that the figures look great.

I'll be buying these figures in hopes that DST makes non-silver T-1000 motorcycle cop at some point in a future series.

Edited by hypno

Wow... That T-1000 is CRAZY! I LOVE it! Hell, paint tghat red and you have a great Dr. Manhattan Victim minimate or something. (and no, I o't know something you don't. It just seemed like a good comparison)

LOL, I can imagine displaying that minimate on my shelf and some random person seeing it... "WTF, is that a splat action figure?!" :lol:

Must suck to be any victim of Dr. Manhattan's though.

Why Rorschach, WHY?!

Here's what the McFarlane T-1000 came packed with.

post-85-1232212664_thumb.jpg

Hopefully DST can do something similar.

Come to think of it, all the T-1000 minimate needs to come with is a regular chest block as the arms on the blown up torso look removable. As for a regular facial expression... just add it to the reverse side of the "shocked" face head piece (similar to the latest Eddie Brock/Venom minimate).

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Sweet mother of mergutroid!

(Yeah, that was my initial reaction upon seeing that pic :blink:)

Judging from the first-released shots of the T-1000 mate, his arms/head do look removable. DST including a regular torso block with this pack should be a no-brainer (not unless they're planning to do another regular T-1000 mate soon). My only other question is, how in the world would they pack Splat Guy into the box?!

That was my favorite Movie Maniacs figure and it is what inspired my T-1000 custom. :)

My guess is that DST wants to get at least two waves from this license, so they will save a more normal (probably with some cool arm accessories) T-1000 for the second wave.

Edited by luke314pi

Gotta say, this is the most excited i've been about minimates in quite some time.

Hopefully they won't get cancelled before i get hold of 'em ;)

Gotta say, this is the most excited i've been about minimates in quite some time.

Hopefully they won't get cancelled before i get hold of 'em ;)

I feel the same way. The pics of Marvel wave 25 were nice and all, but I can't stop thinking about these T2 mates. Hopefully these will sell like crazy, and DST can pursue other action/sci-fi movie licenses.

New Blog at Art Asylum

Features an interseting process of the selection, and design art of Sarah Connor and T-800 (a mother f****ing gatling gun!!!!)

I also like this part:

"This meant that we had to make sure that they had the appropriate accessories for each look and that the accessories were very specific - the exploded torso, gatling gun and even the T-1000’s extra-pointy, super-stabby finger."

Either another wave is already planned, or the T-1000 has some awesome swappable pieces.

Edited by the punisher=D

T Arnie just look at that gatling gun! as a fan of minimates this is the franchise that puts it to top line in comic or whatever shops.

Terminator hits the bases of most scifi fans top 10 and the casul film fans. If you ask anyone they know Terminator and can regonise the figures. BSG may be a great series but it dont grip like arnie in sunglasses in the cop shop.

Sleep for me now beer etc.

New Blog at Art Asylum

Features an interseting process of the selection, and design art of Sarah Connor and T-800 (a mother f****ing gatling gun!!!!)

I also like this part:

"This meant that we had to make sure that they had the appropriate accessories for each look and that the accessories were very specific - the exploded torso, gatling gun and even the T-1000’s extra-pointy, super-stabby finger."

Either another wave is already planned, or the T-1000 has some awesome swappable pieces.

You beat me too it. :(;)

I'm liking that A LOT. So we might even get another torso out of that, i'm assuming. Either that or we get one weird-ass minimate. Could you imagine exploded T-1000 with stubby metallic stabbing-arms?? :lol:

I'm liking the designs, and especially that we get to see under Arnie-s shades. Though correct me if i'm wrong: Doesn't he frak up his right eye?? And i suppose it's safe to assume now he's called Flashback Terminator, and if he is that's a little sad. Leave him as Terminator and he'll sell.

And i really want to see DST mail a set to the Governator's doorstep. ;) Oh, and did anyone else realize that now we can make a movie Mr. Freeze? Sweet...