UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Finally got Minimate Martian Manhunter!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou

Always glad to hear someone having some good luck on finding figures. Although it sad to hear of downsizing. As for trading in CD's you can always forget to delete the MP3's you made of the CD's for use on your Ipod etc. when you part with them ;)

People can be forgetful sometimes :)

He is an essential JLA member, and a great figure. A fellow member helped me out with getting mine, too, and now he (with alien head) is definitely up there with my favorite Minimates.

Congrats on the find!

I am very happy for you. I actually lost out twice with MM. I bought the javelin for a decent price of Ebay only to find no minimates included. The small print stated that they weren't included but I was so happy to see "Buy It Now" for $25 that I didn't read the whole auction. When I finally got one for a decent price, he did not come with the boot tops. Oh well, I still have Jonn so I guess I'm okay.

:( I can't find him for under $60 or $100 for the set...can't find Man-Bat for under $40, either...

Finally got The Riddler for about $8!! :D

It's not the same, I know... :unsure:

You may want to watch for "factory rejects" on eBay sold from sellers like "kelenm" (sp?). One guy out of Florida and a couple out of China/Hong Kong sell those from time to time, where you can get Man-Bat, Riddler, Manhunter, Flash, Kingpin with Reed Richards head and white, "shocked" hair, Jean Gray w/Logan hair, etc. for a half-way decent price, though you might get 2 left arms or something, and some paint issues.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Four bucks?! Gah!

Good for you, man. Clearly your LCBS didn't know what he had (and where might he be, BTW...?). I love getting finds like that.

He's probably the last "rare" figure that I still need. I'm not in that big a hurry, because I don't really think he's all that great, though he does look much better if you take the headpiece off.

• 2 weeks later...

Psh... my comic store never has Minimates or anything I want, really. Plus it's miles away.

The last time I was there, they had one Minimate box left. The Civil War one. I was gonna get it, but they overpriced it way too much. It was $60. I asked why it was that much, and the guy said, "I don't know, I don't make the prices."

I left, and... that's about it. Never went back, because it seems like they overprice too many things.

Psh... my comic store never has Minimates or anything I want, really. Plus it's miles away.

The last time I was there, they had one Minimate box left. The Civil War one. I was gonna get it, but they overpriced it way too much. It was $60. I asked why it was that much, and the guy said, "I don't know, I don't make the prices."

I left, and... that's about it. Never went back, because it seems like they overprice too many things.

$60? WTF?! That doesn't make any sense at all? It isn't that much even WITH AFX's ridiculous shipping charges.

I know, right? I thought it made to sense.

And it was ridiculous. Also, I went back to that comic store yesterday, and they said some kid bought it along with over $200 worth of comics. Wow.

But hey, they got a new shipment of Minimate 2-packs for 7 bucks each, and some packs are 8-9 bucks.

Ugh... I just wish we went there before I already bought those sets. >:{ :(

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got a Martian Manhunter today!!!

I snagged it off of e-bay for $33 bucks (came with the Flash & Javelin set unopened) so not too bad. I also got the Riddler & his plane unopened along with it also.

Now I am down to looking for the set with Man-Bat and the set with the small Batmobile with Robin.

Anyways had to share my rant about getting my grail!!!

I finally got a Martian Manhunter today!!!

I snagged it off of e-bay for $33 bucks (came with the Flash & Javelin set unopened) so not too bad. I also got the Riddler & his plane unopened along with it also.

Now I am down to looking for the set with Man-Bat and the set with the small Batmobile with Robin.

Anyways had to share my rant about getting my grail!!!

Nice find, considering that set has gone for $200+ in the past.

Shoot me a PM I might be able to set you up with that Cycle/ Manbat set.

T.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...