AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Minimates/Vinimates

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/11/2023 at 9:07 AM, DSTZach said:

I am a firm believe in momentum, making a line collectable enough (i.e. having enough releases) to be collected. But it's hard to keep cranking them out when sales are on a downward trend. I think we would do better with less expensive sets, like on a single blister card, but I'm not sure everyone else agrees with me, here or at HQ.

And you'll get two sets next week, I believe! AEW and Power Rangers. Not sure what will be next. D&D, possibly? After that, maybe TMNT Blimp set or the SDCC box set we're doing. 

We're going to start offering more sets soon, so perhaps we'll have more than one per month in the near future. 

Has DST looked into some of the wrestling specialty shops like Ringside Collectibles?  

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I personally showed the owner of Ringside Collectibles Series 1 and 2 at SDCC 2022. As far as I know, they did not order it. I do not know the reason. Maybe we can get them to buy some now that it is in stock. 

That... sucks. Did you offer them a Ringside Collectibles exclusive paint scheme or something? THAT gets their eyes, trust me. They have exclusives of -1, Excalibur, Tony Schivone, JR and Aubry Edwards, plus all the team and memorable matches.

Might not hurt to reach out to Toyark, Toynewsi, Wrestlefigs, and if you really want, SquaredCircle on Reddit.

9 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I personally showed the owner of Ringside Collectibles Series 1 and 2 at SDCC 2022. As far as I know, they did not order it. I do not know the reason. Maybe we can get them to buy some now that it is in stock. 

That's odd. When I asked them about them, they responded to me like I was speaking in tongues.   They didn't seem to have a clue as to what I was talking about. Shame they passed on them, but thank you all the same.

A nice looking set, I appreciate all the tampo work on the tattoos. I do wish there was a bit more in the box, maybe entrance gear (is this something wrestlers still do?) for alternate outfits.

The only person I recognize is Kenny Omega and that’s only because he’s also the guy who cosplays Sans Undertale and Sephiroth on stage. That’s what it takes for me to be interested I guess?

Also OCD brain is annoyed that the way the wrestlers are positioned on the front aren’t the same positions they have in the tray but I think that’s a me thing. 

Edited by Smashmaster12

On 4/17/2023 at 10:09 PM, Navaan said:

That... sucks. Did you offer them a Ringside Collectibles exclusive paint scheme or something? THAT gets their eyes, trust me. They have exclusives of -1, Excalibur, Tony Schivone, JR and Aubry Edwards, plus all the team and memorable matches.

I believe we had exclusive sets set aside for them, ASSUMING they would want to get on board. Pretty sure that was communicated to them, if not by me then by Sales. Oh, well -- I just sent a couple of sets to the owner, maybe he'll check them out. 

On 4/17/2023 at 10:09 PM, Navaan said:

Might not hurt to reach out to Toyark, Toynewsi, Wrestlefigs, and if you really want, SquaredCircle on Reddit.

I'm on the wrestlefigs message boards regularly, but I am sending out a press release today to about 350 toy and wrestling news sites. We'll see how that does.

Not sure why the cover and interior don;t line up. May just have been how the pics worked. 

1 hour ago, Smashmaster12 said:

A nice looking set, I appreciate all the tampo work on the tattoos. I do wish there was a bit more in the box, maybe entrance gear (is this something wrestlers still do?) for alternate outfits.

The only person I recognize is Kenny Omega and that’s only because he’s also the guy who cosplays Sans Undertale and Sephiroth on stage. That’s what it takes for me to be interested I guess?

They do. Britt and Jericho tho both usually come out with jackets.

Me? I want to know WHERE ARE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS? That one set gas three of the six men's world champions AEW has had, and one of the seven women's champions, and no belts!!!

11 minutes ago, Navaan said:

They do. Britt and Jericho tho both usually come out with jackets.

The Bucks will have removable jackets. And Orange Cassidy and Mox in Set 2 will also have removable jackets, I believe. 

11 minutes ago, Navaan said:

Me? I want to know WHERE ARE THE CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS? That one set gas three of the six men's world champions AEW has had, and one of the seven women's champions, and no belts!!!

They are coming!

Edited by DSTZach

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The Bucks will have removable jackets. And Orange Cassidy and Mox in Set 2 will also have removable jackets, I believe. 

They are coming!

Good. Goooood.

Y'all are keeping my three favorite guys for set 2, so made my own Hangman, Mox and Cassidy in the meanwhile. Working on Keith Lee, Swerve, Shida, and Claudio. Have some ideas for a Brian Danielson, we'll have to see. *think*

13 hours ago, hellpop said:

That folding table is really cool. When are you shipping these out Luke?

All orders shipped on Thursday, but if you ordered them in the old store it wasn't set up to automatically send a tracking number. So they should be arriving very soon!

It’s been a long, long time since I followed wrestling even a little bit but the set sure looks like fun and is actually very tempting. Are there any rings that would work with minimates? Or even better any plans for Diamond to make one? That would definitely push me over the edge. 

1 hour ago, Strider said:

It’s been a long, long time since I followed wrestling even a little bit but the set sure looks like fun and is actually very tempting. Are there any rings that would work with minimates? Or even better any plans for Diamond to make one? That would definitely push me over the edge. 

Previous page has picture of a ring with an Excalibur (commentator) minimate that I hope comes out.

Neat I just went back and looked at it. That would definitely push me over the edge. I still might grab this set even though the only one I have heard of before is Jericho. You would have to go back to the early Rock days to when I actually halfway paid attention to professional wrestling.