UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Series 2 carded goes up for pre- order in late June. 

I believe we will have Series 3 and maybe 4 at SDCC in July. 

Because of the last-minute withdrawal of approval and subsequent character change, the SDCC set is now (I believe) a NYCC set. So October. Sorry about that. 

Hopefully Lady Jaye and Flint are in series 3 or 4. Any hints on the breakdowns or how Diamond will handle army builder characters? I would definitely buy multiples of the Cobra army builders but I don’t need (or can afford) to have 4, 5 or more of named characters just to get a trooper army.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Hopefully Lady Jaye and Flint are in series 3 or 4. Any hints on the breakdowns or how Diamond will handle army builder characters? I would definitely buy multiples of the Cobra army builders but I don’t need (or can afford) to have 4, 5 or more of named characters just to get a trooper army.

Nothing to worry about at this point. Series 3 is Joes, 4 is Cobras. A couple of cool characters that I know of. 

AND AT LAST!

The HISS for my Cobras is complete! ... I had this thing for, like, four months, and just now finally finished painting it. It was an old Sigma Six mini battle pack one. Looks great! It came in red, though, and nah, not for a main tank, so black it is!

20220606_195023.jpg

41 minutes ago, Navaan said:

AND AT LAST!

The HISS for my Cobras is complete! ... I had this thing for, like, four months, and just now finally finished painting it. It was an old Sigma Six mini battle pack one. Looks great! It came in red, though, and nah, not for a main tank, so black it is!

20220606_195023.jpg

Nice!

Nice customs too. 

I've got a HISS I want to 3d print but I don't want to print all of the tank treads and pins to join them. And that's the only option unless I want to do some modelling work myself. Maybe one day.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

Nice!

Nice customs too. 

I've got a HISS I want to 3d print but I don't want to print all of the tank treads and pins to join them. And that's the only option unless I want to do some modelling work myself. Maybe one day.

Do it. I saw some guy do a miniature Ghost Hawk for the GI Joe RP game, and man, that is tempting.

7 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I have the files for Sgt. Slaughters Triple T Tank. It is made for G.I. Joe Classified figures so you would have to reduce the size quite a bit. Look up cannibal869 on thingiverse if you want to download it.

i can't wait to see all the pictures of what you guys are doing!!

i have a few of the minimate Halo vehicles i'll probably paint up once more figures are released.

i gotta figure out how to get the cobra emblem on there.

i've read a stamp is the way to go 

A while back, I found this company that does custom ALPS printed decals. The advantage of these is they can do silver and gold metallic and opaque white, which is great for use on a dark-colored background like, say, Cobra insignias on black uniforms. It's a little pricey (about $60 for a 8.5"x13" sheet) but if you make decals for a bunch of customs it doesn't sting quite as much.

https://www.bedlamcreations.com/

On 5/30/2022 at 12:47 PM, DSTZach said:

Series 2 carded goes up for pre- order in late June. 

I believe we will have Series 3 and maybe 4 at SDCC in July. 

Because of the last-minute withdrawal of approval and subsequent character change, the SDCC set is now (I believe) a NYCC set. So October. Sorry about that. 

Hey Zach is the NYCC set a 4-pack or a bigger set? I don't recall if you ever stated what it was. You also originally stated that the set was of characters that we have already seen, but with different looks. Is that still the case? Im just wondering how the civilian minimate figure fits into that comment.

I don't think this is it, but how cool would a Cold Slither con exclusive be? I want the civilian to be The Viper so bad, but I dont think it will be him either. I look forward to finding out... is there an announcement date for the set? or will they be revealed at SDCC?

Civilian in the NYCC set (formerly SDCC set) is from the comics. The set will not be revealed until probably September. 

BUT Series 2 goes up for pre-order next Friday, and we may have Series 3 and maybe 4 on display at SDCC. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, Lobsterman said:

A while back, I found this company that does custom ALPS printed decals. The advantage of these is they can do silver and gold metallic and opaque white, which is great for use on a dark-colored background like, say, Cobra insignias on black uniforms. It's a little pricey (about $60 for a 8.5"x13" sheet) but if you make decals for a bunch of customs it doesn't sting quite as much.

https://www.bedlamcreations.com/

Oh that's interesting. I am semi-retired from customizing, in part because printing out decals was getting to be a drag. But this may solve that problem. Did you have any trouble with sizing? I still use Luke's old templates and I find they are still accurate for making decal pages.

Sorry to hear you've stepped back from the customizing game HP, you were always one of the greats! :) 

Yes, Luke's templates are accurate for sizing.

One drawback I found to the ALPS decals is that they don't store long-term very well. I had done a run with a bunch of customs I planned to do at some later date. When I eventually got around to using some about 8 months later, the decal paper was very brittle and pretty much disintegrated when it hit the water. The guy at the company told me it's a known issue, but can be mitigated somewhat by keeping in a sealed ziplock bag in a reasonably climate-controlled environment (i.e., not my 120º-during-the-summer garage.)

On 6/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, hellpop said:

Oh that's interesting. I am semi-retired from customizing, in part because printing out decals was getting to be a drag. But this may solve that problem. Did you have any trouble with sizing? I still use Luke's old templates and I find they are still accurate for making decal pages.

22 hours ago, Lobsterman said:

Sorry to hear you've stepped back from the customizing game HP, you were always one of the greats! :) 

Yes, Luke's templates are accurate for sizing.

One drawback I found to the ALPS decals is that they don't store long-term very well. I had done a run with a bunch of customs I planned to do at some later date. When I eventually got around to using some about 8 months later, the decal paper was very brittle and pretty much disintegrated when it hit the water. The guy at the company told me it's a known issue, but can be mitigated somewhat by keeping in a sealed ziplock bag in a reasonably climate-controlled environment (i.e., not my 120º-during-the-summer garage.)

Hey HP and Lobby.... I haven't touched my ALPS in years, and still have a bunch of ribbon cartridges for it. If either of you would like to fiddle with it, I'd be happy to let go of it...