UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Minimate Preorder Thread

I have a hint for you for my next Marvel custom. I made a mistake before and remembered this character's affiliation wrong. He is not a member of the Starjammers - he is a member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. 

Currently Spider-X is about 50% finished (drilling all of these arms is a bigger job than I was expecting!), and then I will start on Garokk. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... Fang? Starbolt? Smasher?

Those three are achievable with some clever parts re-use. But really, any of the IG could be done with the right combo of decals, so it's anyone's guess.

The original hint was: Starjammer, but not one of the well-known ones. Will this be a lesser-known IG member?

IMPERIAL GUARD! 
Super Exciting. I have bought some figures to help me kitbash members of the IG, but would very much welcome a real custom of any/all members.
I would LOVE to see Oracle, but if the hints are 'he' and 'green', I'll have to go with Mentor. Hobgoblins antennae seem like they'd present a bit of a challenge. 

• 3 weeks later...

@OvenproofBug6 nailed it - Warstar!

JiM7bml.jpg

eJhVxqS.jpg

SF22dG0.jpg

Warstar was a member of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard during the Phoenix Saga and many other events. He is composed of two aliens: B'nee and C'cll. This custom is based on his War of Kings / Realm of Kings appearance. This custom includes a space station backdrop and is a limited edition of 40. Here is the preorder link: https://forms.gle/eGgDk8JXjdL6npWMA

If you are currently suffering financial hardships due to the pandemic, but would still like to reserve this custom, please contact me privately. I shipped out Spider-X this morning for those of you who selected individual shipping.

We are receiving Marvel Minimates Series 79 this Wednesday - if you have Spider-X or any other customs held, and would like them to ship with a Series 79 order, please contact me.

Got my Spider X - looks great. And we have a new clue to discuss, though I'll keep it to myself until more people confirm they've received it.

Luke is very good at making clues that could easily be two (or more) different characters...

• 2 weeks later...

I love how Luke digs so deeply with some of these Marvel customs.  Compared to the normal Joe I'm a comic supergeek, but even I haven't heard of half of the guys he finds here!

Ah yes the hint was a lesser known demonic X-Men villain that looks more like a Thor villain. :)

Garokk is nearly finished - I am expecting him to ship on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, karamazov80 said:

I love how Luke digs so deeply with some of these Marvel customs.  Compared to the normal Joe I'm a comic supergeek, but even I haven't heard of half of the guys he finds here!

Thanks! I have to follow my passions here, or I wouldn't be able to sustain this project. 

Hmm, I could see it being N'astirh. One of the demons that helped catalyze the events of Inferno, and he has some resemblance in the face to Beta Ray Bill.

Edit: Some of other possibilities to throw out there besides S'ym and Belasco; Azazel (comic incarnation), and Darkchylde(? not sure if she counts since it is kind of just the alter ego of Ilyana)

Edited by OvenproofBug6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, elhonez said:

I'm on the edge of my seat here... who is our upcoming demonic villain?

I was going to wait until I was finished with Warstar (which will hopefully be very soon), but I can reveal comic art of the character at least:

Kierrok the Damned!

PIuyQEp.jpg

Wooooooooooh! 
That is a CRAZY looking creature. Can't wait to see how you're going to customise a minimate to fit this! 
Will you be using a more animalistic base like Big Chap or something from the Godzilla line?

• 5 weeks later...